Solved

Magenta Plus service- Norwegian Carribean cruise

• 27 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have gone to Tmobile to ask about Magenta plus service and the Norwegian cruise we are going on next week. I was told NO Need to put on airplane mode, all is included and as unlimited roaming and international service.  Yet I have read again and again that is not the case on blogs, etc. WHAT is the 10000% real answer?  We do not want extra charges, want to be 1000% certain we access texting and posting correctly. My older son WILL also need to use the phone. What is the right answer while at SEA especially as there I have read again and again about how nothing is included regardless of me asking specifically today. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by syaoran 27 December 2023, 20:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

T-Mobile has a cruise line coverage page.  

plans-international-cruise-modal (t-mobile.com)

Badge

I saw that and when I click on it shows NOTHING

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is no plan that covers roaming on any cruise ship.  Unless you want a bill with calls from $7 a minute and texts up to $3 a text.  Put your phone in Airplane Mode before you get within a couple of miles of the cruise ship and use the onboard WiFi and WiFi Calling.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yup … been there, done that - a few times.  Just as a note.  if you ‘did’ connect to ship cell service, and then turned your device off, you’d probably still get charged with incoming voicemail  @syaoran is correct.

Badge

Tmobile people are so stupid and they lie!