Solved

No roaming in France

• 8 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I landed in Paris, France today and discovered that my Pixel 5 with the Magenta plan was not connected to a network. I checked my account, and international roaming was enabled. Need some help urgently

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 8 August 2023, 21:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I landed in Paris, France today and discovered that my Pixel 5 with the Magenta plan was not connected to a network. I checked my account, and international roaming was enabled. Need some help urgently

Check your APN settings that the roaming partner is selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Diagnose the failure from the ground up: connection (bars), text, calls and data, in that order. Get to a WiFi signal and call T-Mobile International support at +1-505-998-3793 (free from your T-Mobile phone.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

While your ‘plan’ may have international roaming … you may need to validate on your device that data roaming/roaming is enabled.

What happens when you ‘scan’ for network ( Settings → Connections → Mobile Networks → Network Operators → disable ‘Select Automatically’ and Scan for networks.

If you don’t see any networks, …. you may have some issues.      @drnewcomb is correct here.

If you get more than 1 carrier showing with network scan … try to select a different one.