Solved

Paris Cell Service

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I will be traveling to France in April, May & June. Will I need to make any adjustments to my current plan to have service throughout my travels in France?

It is imperative that I have service while in France.

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by kashou 5 March 2024, 00:27

View original

4 replies

Badge

Salut, I’m in the same situation as yourself. I had a sales rep on the phone who said that my US number will get disconnected after two billing cycles if I travel to France for a longer period than 2 months. This does not seem right. Can you share here what you find out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No one here has access to your accounts.  You will need to contact T-Monile by calling 611 from your T-Mobile line or by reaching out to T-Mobile via a DM on Facebook or Twitter.  You will want to make sure international roaming is enabled on your accounts and you will want to ask them about what your plans do and do not cover.  If you plan on using your devices heavily while abroad, request a permanent SIM unlock, if your device and account meets all of the requirements, and use a local SIM to the countries you will be visiting abroad. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's in the Tmobile terms and conditions under roaming. 50% of use must be on Tmobile USA towers. Tmobile is now selling there plans as “not for extended international use.”

Badge

Here is what I found on Reddit:

“The main trigger for excessive roaming warnings is data roaming. I know a few folks who have been overseas for a couple of years and if they keep data roaming turned off T-Mobile ignores them. Just turn on wifi calling and you will be fine. If however you try to use your phone normally with roaming data switched on you will have 2-3 months before T-Mobile starts to send you termination warnings. Note that there is no appeal for excessive roaming termination. Reps will not be able to intervene.”

Basically, you will need to buy an international roaming pass for data usage, and turn off roaming data starting on your 3rd month. If you’re on prepaid, I think you can add data passes. If you’re on regular plan, they have the Go5G plus that includes 5GB of data in France at $90/mo.