Solved

Simple Global Not Working!

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Simple Global unlimited text and data is NOT working in UK for my Magenta 55+ plan.  I am in UK now.  No partner carrier name appears in my Home Screen.  Do I need to change some setting for this to work?  Do I need to turn on the “roaming” setting?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 13 July 2023, 04:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I suggest turning on roaming. If roaming was on you should of received a text stating you were roaming.

Badge

OK, thanks.  I was wondering if I would get big charges for roaming.  I’ll give it a try today and see if it works.  It’s a little surprising that T-mobile don’t note this somewhere in their website (either in my account or support section …)

Badge

Just tried and seems to be working with Data Roaming on, so I will check later for any roaming charges.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends on your plan.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roaming-plans?country=United%20Kingdom

Badge

My plan is Magenta 55+.  In my account benefits it mentions ‘Simple Global data and text’ is included.  however, the webpage link does not mention “Magenta 55+” plans.  Then again the webpage does mention Go5G, Max and Plus plans ….. (omitting Magenta).  A bit confusing.

So my best guess is that the Simple Global data and text feature mentioned in my plan means I get free unlimited data and text (at 256mbps) so I will continue using.

Often there are big charges for roaming so that’s why I really wanted to clarify (and I don’t want to be surprised with a massive charge after a three week trip).  Many thanks for replying to my questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

My plan is Magenta 55+.  I

Often there are big charges for roaming so that’s why I really wanted to clarify (and I don’t want to be surprised with a massive charge after a three week trip).  Many thanks for replying to my questions.

Unless you do something unusual, like calling an Iridium satellite phone or making hour-long calls to anywhere, you shouldn’t see any huge bills. About all T-Mobile bills for in (the vast majority of) international roaming is just 25¢/min for calls.

Here are my hints for cost effective roaming.