Don't bother buying a Smartwatch from T-Mobile. Assurant is awful.

• 8 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Replacing my smartwatch was an absolute nightmare. I submitted a claim on July 11th and the website said I could get the same device and it could be used or I could get a new device on the JUMP promo. I opted for the new device because I didn’t want a used watch and I went to the store which was an option according to the website. The store informed me if I went with a watch5 I would need to pay for it in full and I would lose all my discounts by having a wachline. So I ended up on the phone with Assurant and ordering a replacement of the watch4 which could be “refurbished”. My replacement watch was delivered to the wrong address by UPS. I called back to explain what happened. I was told there would be an investigation and it would take 14 BUSINESS DAYS to complete. I called back on the 15th business day and it still was not processed. On the 17th day I got an email asking me to contact Assurant and I called was immediately disconnected on and finally I spoke with a manager and had my claim reissued. I finally recieved my replacement almost a month later. 

tl;dr: My watch broke and I ended up with a yucky, used watch a month later. 

1 reply

Badge

I had a siilar experience replacing my OnePlus 9 5G.  It was a lovely phone until the battery popped the phone open. I had purchased it from TMobile almost 3 years ago.  The replacement was a used, refurbished unlocked phone that no longer would recognize my office’s remote app.  The only thing my old phone needed was a replacement battery. Had I had that done, I’d not have to fork out for a new phone just a couple months later.