Solved

get unlocked x pro

• 10 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I wonna buy (inseego mifi x pro M3000 full payment, and I want the device to be unlocked and without data plan, only the device. Is this available?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 12 June 2023, 19:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

All tmobile devices are sold locked and will be eligible for unlock once the device meets the unlock requirements.

All tmobile phones are eligible for unlock codes while hotpots varies so you need to contact Tmobile support to see if the piece of equipment you want can be unlocked.

Badge

I tried to call and I couldn’t get help from t-mobile 18009378997

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile will only sell the hot spot with service. You can try using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The Inseego Hotspots are pretty amazing little devices. They are great for getting data on the go and I love that it has a screen so you can manage many things right from the device. 

If you purchase the Inseego MiFi X PRO 5G from T-Mobile, it is going to be network locked to T-Mobile until you meet the unlock requirements. Those include having to pay off the device in full and use it on a T-Mobile Mobile Internet line for 40 days. Since you are not interested in getting the service at all, then buying an unlocked hotspot from another retailer (not from a cellphone carrier) will be your best bet. 

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Badge +1

Keep in mind that “unlocking” a device will not allow all frequency bands to be available.  The Inseego M3000 is designed to work with T-Mobile frequencies, but does not support all of the frequencies used by, say, AT&T.  Will it work on their system?  Possibly, but it will never work the same as a device that supports all of the frequencies that AT&T uses.  Same goes for Verizon.  Also, firmware updates are delivered through the carrier that the device was originally designed for.  Once you’re off their network, you will no longer receive firmware updates.