Solved

Home Internet Device - What does it look like ?

• 26 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I received an invite for T-Mobile Home Internet. Really tempted by it just because the upload is not just a 5Mbps.

Unfortunately, I can't find any picture of their device. What connection does it have ?

Is it equipped with a RJ-45 port, then I can connect a switch on it ?

Can we find the specification of that device somewhere ?

I have seen in other discussion that we can't do a bridge mode.

Any info on any update for the firmware to allow it to work as a bridge, and not a gateway ?

Thanks all...

icon

Best answer by snn555 26 July 2019, 01:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I got different devices when I search. Not sure why.

Seems like we can connect Ethernet cable on the back.

Wish we could set it up as Bridge. I would get the offer right away.

I just turned off the 802.11 radios on the device and plugged it into my router.  Had to change the IP address on the router as it was the same as the T-mobile device.  So far the service has been fantastic, my choices were very limited however to satellite or a WISP with really slow speeds.  Kudos to T-Mobile for serving underserved areas with this. 

Userlevel 1

rjgogo wrote:

I just turned off the 802.11 radios on the device and plugged it into my router. Had to change the IP address on the router as it was the same as the T-mobile device. So far the service has been fantastic, my choices were very limited however to satellite or a WISP with really slow speeds. Kudos to T-Mobile for serving underserved areas with this.

Hi, in your case, for sure, great deal...

Glad it fits your needs.

What is your ping time ?

What is the usage of your internet connection ?

Depending of your usage, do you feel waiting a long time or not ?

I have been reading 1 test where the ping time reached 70-75ms, which is a lot, but not surprised with cell towers...

Yeah, it is somewhere around there.  But fine for my needs and way better than what I had and you don't even want to know what satellite ping time are, well over 600 to 700 on a good day.  Been a week and love the service.  

Badge

can you specify clearly how you "plugged it into my router"?

i assume you used an ethernet cable but which port on the t-mo device to which port on your router?

Mines a NOK 5G21 GATEWAY GRY KIT

You might get this one. I just signed up Friday 1/8/2021 and got this one. Just depends on what is available at the time and place you make the call to order the service. It's pretty nice. There's no deposit or upfront costs, just a flat rate of $50 a month in our area, no forced purchase of equipment or usage/rental fees per month. If your area has availability, go for it!

Jenn M.