Question

I WANT MY NAME OFF MY CALLER ID ON OUT GOING CALLS

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I WANT MY NAME OFF MY CALLER ID.  I have done every thing I can think of. The only thing left to do is turn off the entire caller id. I’d rather not do that, but I am tired of having my name plastered every where. If someone has any suggestions. I’d appreciate it.    Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Give Customer Care a call or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to have it change.  It has to be done with Customer Care now.  

Badge

I WANT MY NAME OFF MY CALLER ID.  I have done every thing I can think of. The only thing left to do is turn off the entire caller id. I’d rather not do that, but I am tired of having my name plastered every where. If someone has any suggestions. I’d appreciate it.    Thanks

It might also be important to know that even if you change it on Tmobile’s end you may have to contact each carrier that the subscribed user reports they CID still shows. Last I checked, carriers don’t typically send updates to other carriers to update their incoming CID databases (even if you remove CID on your end entirely). Also some carriers will not change inbound/outbound to avoid spam or harassments from the party making the outgoing calls. Not saying that is your intent but the reason why it can get tricky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There are a couple ways you can turn off caller ID on your outbound calls. We have tutorials for just about any phone that we sell that will show you how to turn off caller ID in settings. You can also contact our customer support teams and should be able to change a setting on your number that does not display your name and number on outgoing calls. 

Hope this helps.