Question

Inseego M2000 Doesnt Work For Gaming on 5G

Badge

I was told the 5G inseego MiFi 2000 would work with anything and would allow me to play Xbox One on it. I ended up connecting with my phone and laptop but unable to do so with my Xbox. I ended up messaging inseego because I thought it was an inseego issue. They replied to me saying this: 

“Hello,

The issue you are seeing is a result of some backend network handling changes made on the T-Mobiles side for their 5G network. Forcing the M2000 to 4G only is a possible fix for the issue while it is being worked out. This can be done with the following steps.

First, on a device connected to the M2000 open a browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1
Once you land on this page sign-in in the top right corner. (By default the admin password will be the same as the default WiFi password if it has not been updated)
Go to Settings > Advanced, the page you land on after clicking Advanced should be the Network tab, locate Network Mode Selection, change this from Auto to LTE/UMTS, save the changes at the bottom of the page.
Reboot the M2000, this change may take a few minutes to take effect, retry the connection from your console.

Here is how to get a hold of us if needed.

Inseego Support
Phone: 877-698-6481
Email: technicalsupportus@inseego.com

I switched to 4G LTE and was able to finally get online for the Xbox Multiplayer. I wouldn’t of bought a 5G hotspot if I was going to have to only use 4G LTE. I got this because I’m away half the year due to work. Is T-Mobile going to have this issue fixed or will this be a continuous problem? If it won’t be fixed, I’d probably go in a different direction regarding providers

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is a good question. A couple things. I’d make sure the device is updated to the latest version. After that, make sure to restart it and try connecting to 5G again. You could then have our Tech Care team file a Trouble Ticket for this issue. Just a headsup, though you can us 5G services for casual gaming, but isn’t recommended for competitive gaming. 

Userlevel 1

Multi-player gaming works great on my xbox one (5G or 4LTE). The only issue I’m have is with the party chat on  my xbox. My xbox and controller have the latest updates and my NAT is Open, still no party chat. Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

Thanks Rosco 

Userlevel 1

I need to correct myself. I can log on to my xbox account with 5G but can’t multi-game on XBL. Still no game chat either. 

Before June this year (2021) I was able to play on my m2000 on 5G no problem but now I can’t so it has only happened very recently 

My m2000 worked great for the first 2 months i used it , the device made me do an update on June 6 2021 after that I havent been able to play warzone. I can get on xbox live and play any other game just no warzone or party chat which is super annoying.  1 star would not recommend 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am unable to use voice in discord or play Escape from Tarkov on 5G.

I switched from AT&T broadband cause of the much better speeds and latency Tmobile had on 5G. Now I feel like I been caught in a trap.

I need to correct myself. I can log on to my xbox account with 5G but can’t multi-game on XBL. Still no game chat either. 

Same here I wish I would of found this post before I talked to 3 people from tech support & wasted hours on the phone  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here I wish I would of found this post before I talked to 3 people from tech support & wasted hours on the phone  

Yeah this is why I started to get really mad cause they keep trying to walk me through basic troubleshooting that I knew how to do since I was a child, testing with speedtest.net and even using a VPN to check if connections will work afterwards; which VPNs do work if they manage to connect which makes me think it is Tmobile and not Inseego, but they say repeatedly that it is the recent update on the hotspot that is causing it which again….would have to cause 5G to stop accepting certain connections, mainly UDP connections which is used for low latency connections which everything that is effected pretty much falls under UDP.

Right it’s ridiculous. I just hope they have a fix for it soon!

What I have done as a work around is drop it down to 4g, and ensure the network (Cell/Device/Mobile network) is set to IPv4.  When using IPv6v4 setting, UDP was not working. I still have decent speeds, and low enough latency.  

Okay thanks for the info!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I didnt have to change the IPv6v4 when dropping to 4g, guess it depends.

Welcome to the party peasants lol please hold...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Welcome to the party peasants lol please hold...

Please dont offend the royalty; they may make another law that only applies to us peasants!

Userlevel 1

Call the manufacture Inseego tech support they help me get everything up and running forXBL. 5G and party chat.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Call the manufacture Inseego tech support they help me get everything up and running forXBL. 5G and party chat.

Every time I call them; they are “not available” so...can you just screenshot your settings or say what you changed.

Userlevel 1

If u got the number from T-Mobile like I did it’s bogus. Go to Inseego website and lookup tech support If they don’t answer leave a message. They got back to me within a day or two. They seem to have only couple of guys taking call for this issue and they have received many calls on this. Sorry I'm that tech-savvy to take a screen shot. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

ah ok, thanks anyway.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If u got the number from T-Mobile like I did it’s bogus. Go to Inseego website and lookup tech support If they don’t answer leave a message. They got back to me within a day or two. They seem to have only couple of guys taking call for this issue and they have received many calls on this. Sorry I'm that tech-savvy to take a screen shot. 

Actually I am pretty sure the fix you have was turning the hotspot down to 4G LTE; which is what I am already doing. The problem is the 5G network is way faster and way more consistent than 4G here so in my case that will not change anything.

Userlevel 1

Nope I use 5G. The two changes I made were to 1.  APN (changed to B2B.mobile.com) and 2. Locked it into IPv4. Both found in the Advance settings under networks. Changing to 4G LTE did solve playing online, but did not the party chat issue. I now have 5G and party chat with these changes THANKS to Inseego IT team. NO THANKS to T-Mobile.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge

Nope I use 5G. The two changes I made were to 1.  APN (changed to B2B.mobile.com) and 2. Locked it into IPv4. Both found in the Advance settings under networks. Changing to 4G LTE did solve playing online, but did not the party chat issue. I now have 5G and party chat with these changes THANKS to Inseego IT team. NO THANKS to T-Mobile.

Hope this helps

I tried that but it doesn’t perform well here. It does lower latency from 4G but it runs slower overall. Oh well...

Hey guys so I know a lot of you guys are having trouble with the iseego device. But I can help you. So a lot of people can’t connect to games and I was one of them. I play pc and I had good speeds and good connection and everything I was on 5g and not lte or 4g. I tried to connect to my call of duty but kept giving me errors. So I found out a good way to fix it. So first is to go to the advance settings. U see the advance change the connection to b2b.T-Mobile it will make a difference. Fast.T-Mobile has a code in side the network witch is holding the iseego back from connection to servers. It’s not a iseego device proble it is the T-Mobile network problem. T-Mobile has the new updates with is not letting the device use its full potential. Test it and try. I did it and was able to connect to pretty much everything 

This does indeed work^ also they just fixed it where I live Holland-MI

I’m glad it helped you. Any other issues I can try to figure it out 

I’m glad it helped you. Any other issues I can try to figure it out 

Do you or anyone know where t mobile gets there panel antennas from on there towers? I mess around with other modems and signal amplifiers. I have made some mini cells outside my home but cant find much on where they obtain there technology.