Question

Replacement Phone

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I purchased a Mystic Bronze Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in September of 2020. The phone stopped working last week and I was told that the display screen was defective. Since the phone was not damaged, I could not file an insurance claim but T-mobile requested that I be sent a new phone under the warranty. When I received the new phone, it was a refurbished phone and it was black. I am being told that this is the policy and there is nothing that I can do about it because they do not have any refurbished phones in Mystic Bronze. When I asked if a new phone could be ordered, I was told that this phone has been discontinued but the representative in the store says that the phone can be ordered if I pay for it. Does anyone know if there is anything that I can do to at least get the original color of the phone that I purchased? I purchased a Galaxy Samsung watch in the same color to specifcally match my phone. In addition, I paid upfront for this phone so it does not seem fair to end up with a black, refurbished phone that I did not choose to purchase just 9 months later or to be expected to pay another $1300 for a phone. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Personally, I think you should have filed a warranty repair with Samsung.  That way, you would have receive3d the same color device in return.  The phone insurance T-Mobile pushes, is through a company called, Assurant.  This company is not well liked in the industry at all.  When you send in a device to them, they expect you to be happy with whatever you get back.  Personally, the one time I used them back in the days of a Nexus 6, the device they sent me first, was so bad, I sent them their own device back because it looked like it was used to play hockey with on their warehouse floor.  If you haven’t returned your device yet, send them back theirs and file a warranty claim with Samsung.  

Badge

That makes sense. Unfortunately, it is too late because I have the black phone now and I sent the defective one back. I did not have a phone to use at all, which is why I purchased the new one in the first place. Thank you for responding.

What is really bad is Samsung gives Tmobile a new phone for warranty issues. It's just mote profitable for Tmobile to replace with refurbished phone then sale the new one they get. They just tried to take my 1tb fold 4 and give me a small fold 4 with only 512gb.  Tmobile is Shady I was with sprint 20 years now I'm stuck with tmobil ugg

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What is really bad is Samsung gives Tmobile a new phone for warranty issues. It's just mote profitable for Tmobile to replace with refurbished phone then sale the new one they get. They just tried to take my 1tb fold 4 and give me a small fold 4 with only 512gb.  Tmobile is Shady I was with sprint 20 years now I'm stuck with tmobil ugg

Samsung doesn't issue the replacement phone. Assurance does unless you bypass Tmobile and send it to Samsung directly.