Question

Voice on Nokia 225 no longer working.

• 17 November 2022
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Badge

@syaoran The one I've gotten only shows one sim slot. I know the device is said to be dual sim but mine only has one. I never worried about this though since the phone was working fine on the network up until recently.  I don't know if any updates to the handset.  I had just voice and text plan with T-Mobile that doesn't have data.  

@fireguy_6364 Yes, I believe I'm still getting 4G as my service indicator on the device lists 5 bars of LTE.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and youre still pulling in 4G currently correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile uses Google’s stock implementation of Android’s VoLTE and WiFi Calling.  This goes all of the way back the G1.  If Google has changed something, it would affect a lot more users.  Have you had an update with the device recently that might have impacted VoLTE working on T-Mobile?  The device is a dual-SIM device.  Have you tried putting your SIM in the other slot to see if that helps?  Some dual-SIM devices only allow certain features to work on a specific SIM slot.  

Badge

I think it does have something to do with VoLTE.  I put the phones IMEI in the T-Mobile compatibility checker, and it comes back as being usable on the network.   The phone does have VoLTE which used to work but now won't engage on neither the old device or the new one of the exact same model. 

This must be what's causing the issue, so maybe T-Mobile has changed something about the VoLTE that now makes it no longer compatible with the VoLTE feature on this unlocked device?

The phone is listed as being a 4g device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Not being a T-Mobile sold device.  It probably does not support the stock implementation of VoLTE that T-Mobile uses and can no longer fall back to 3G to make a call.  VoLTE is required to make calls now after the 3G network shutdown.  If your device does have a VoLTE setting that isn’t enabled.  Try enabling it to see if that resolves your issue with calls.