Solved

eSIM not installed when using T-Mobile eSim app

I have just enrolled for a prepaid account using T-Mobile eSim app. All the process seemed to work fine (I got a phone number and had my CC charged) but in the end there was some kind of problem installing the new eSim on my iPhone. Now it seems I am locked out of service, since the app requires a different e-mail and the creation of a new account to run again. How can I get the eSim for my existant and already paid for prepaid phone number now?

icon

Best answer by spbrflyer 4 June 2019, 00:05

View original

22 replies

App failed to load my eSim too, no trouble charging my card though. Phone number and everything is displayed on my account. I’m really amazed to see a comment about great customer experience/support. I’ve been calling the customer support for three weeks, trying to get my QR-code. So far three reps have “have gotten disconnected” which is ironic for a telecommunications company. One just never learned to use their headset, even though I waited 5mins on the line. And twice I’ve been promised a QR-code within a day. No such luck, less than a week remaining ‘till I paid 40$ for a month of nothing.

Everything is fine now. I needed a QR Code to install a new e-SIM which fortunately was sent to me yesterday. Thank you for the excellent customer service.

Hi - I had the exact same issue. I purchased a prepaid plan using the T-Mobile eSim app on my iPhone Xr.. The steps in the app went all the way through to charging my credit card, and assigning me a phone number. When I went to check "Settings -> Cellular", the prepaid plan did not appear. I have called the Activation help phone number 3 times. First, I was told to wait 4 hours, then switch off my phone, then restart it. I did that, but the plan wasn't activated. The second time, I was told to wait another 2 hours, switch off my phone, and restart it. I waited, switched off my phone, and restarted, but still no plan.

Finally, the third time (yesterday), I was told a QR code would be emailed to me "within 72 hours". While I am willing it wait a little, 72 hours seems like an unreasonable amount of time to wait especially because I will be 3 days into my prepaid plan with no service. Also, I don't want to be in the situation of having waited 72 hours, only to learn I still don't have a QR code!

How can you expedite the process of me getting my QR code?

Thank you in advance!

This isnt funny i have been taling with you guys on tweeter you asked me to delete my esim profile to enable you assist me after 3 hours we still going round and round with no solution ! this is s scam

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there- just wondering: what do you mean "locked out of service"? Are you seeing a specific error message on your phone?  When you go to Settings>Cellular are you not seeing both lines?

Hey there. When finishing the process in TMobile E-Sim App my iPhone displayed a message saying it was unable to change my Cellular Plan (I cannot remember the exact words). Then the app displayed my new phone number and receipt.

When I go to Settings and Cellular I cannot see the new line.

I contacted TMobile support via Twitter and apparently they will send me a QR code by email by Sunday, so that I can re-install the e-Sim. I will wait. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

No prob! Have a great weekend!

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you still need help?

I just experienced the same issue. I cannot setup my new cell plan as I don’t have the qr code or the data to setup manually. Called T Mobile support and got disconnected twIce. Please help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there! I'm sorry you're having a rough time activating your eSIM! Did you already download the eSIM app for your device and set up a new prepaid account?

I have the same issue. How can I fix it? How or where do I get a QR code?

Userlevel 4

Hey @almans01

At what part in the ESIM activation process are you getting stuck?

Hi, I'm also having this issue. While following this guide - T-Mobile eSIM app , I got stuck at step 14, as it just gave me my receipt, but no button.

Can you please send me my QR activation code?

Userlevel 4

Sorry you are getting stuck @mattmcbride  😥 For this specific issue, please give us a call so that our folks over the phone can finish up the activation process.

Hi Chris,

I’m having the same issue but cannot call as I don’t have access to another phone. Is there any way to get a QR code to install?

Thank you!

Userlevel 4

Hey @dominic1980

If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can message our T-Force team using the links in my signature.

Thank you Chris

hi chris.

I got stuck at step 14 too....

can i get qr code?

Userlevel 4

Sure thing! Give us a call or reach out to our social team on Facebook/Twitter using the links in my signature below.

hi chris!

thanks for reply.

i solved this problem with help by facebook support team.

i re-authorize with QR code then it was clear.

thanks.

Please sending my E-mail...