Solved

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet)

• 17 February 2022
  • 60 replies

Badge

I just signed up for Home Internet but can’t get an ID to open an account because I don’t have a T-Mobile phone number. Anyone solved that problem?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 9 June 2023, 20:27

View original

60 replies

The process for signing up for a T-Mobile ID when you ONLY have the internet service and NOT a phone line starts here: T-Mobile ID | Sign Up. This sign up page will take you through a registration process that does not require a phone number. 

This didn't work for me. I went through the T-Mobile Facebook Team through the 

https://www.facebook.com/T-Mobile 

Thanks so much for your patience Diane and great question! Ticket 85417772 was filed and will be addressed within 3 hours. To be transparent I'll be reaching the end of my shift in just a moment though I won't leave you without help. I've left detailed notes of what we've covered and if you had any further questions, when you reply back a peer of mine would be able to pick up where we left off and continue assisting. 

Though with the ticket filed to correct the T-Mobile ID registration error, we can expect that to get resolved within the allotted timeframe or sometimes even a little quicker. 

For now, I'd just reattempt the registration using the diwax@54@gmail.com every now and then for the next 3 hours. When the ticket is handled by our engineering team and closed, the registration should then go through and lead you to the main page of your T-Mobile ID.

"It was a pleasure working with you today and we're eager for your T-Mobile ID registration to go through smoothly. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your weekend! "^Andy Bangerter

Page Telecommunication com...

7.9M likes 7.8M followers

Welcome to the T-Mobile USA Facebook community, home-base for the Un-carrier revolution. Social Support from 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT.

I was contacted by HeavenM (I think he is an admin in the T-Mobile Internet Forum).  Once he verified my name, username and gateway number, he created a trouble ticket.  Later that day (on my own) I tried to logon using my gateway number (previously I used a non-T-Mobile number) and WAS ABLE TO LOGON.  INCREDIBLE!  Not sure what the “admin” (HeavenM) did or had done but possibly he associated my gateway number to my account.  Sorry, I cannot provide more specific details but I don’t have them.  All I can say is, whatever he did, IT WORKED!  Good luck.

I went through the T-Mobile Facebook Team and my issue was resolved in 3 hrs

https://www.facebook.com/share/uyRQ23DLq155r23K/?mibextid=qi2Omg

T-Mobile >Page Telecommunication com...7.9M likes 7.8M followers

Welcome to the T-Mobile USA Facebook community, home-base for the Un-carrier revolution. Social Support from 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT.

My issue was resolved in 3 hours. An internal ticket was place by the team and I got the login ID successfully.

I just signed up for Home Internet but can’t get an ID to open an account because I don’t have a T-Mobile phone number. Anyone solved that problem?

I have the same issues and getting the same results as above… Same question here... has ANYONE in these community threads solved this problem? 

UPDATE I finally got the issue resolved the the T-Mobile Facebook Team. 

Here is the final message  from on of the team members…

"Awesome! So happy to hear. Thank you again for all of your continued patience. We are always here if you need anything! 

To recap: You have successfully accessed your online T-Mobile account, and everything looks great. 

I appreciate the time you took reaching out today, have a great rest of your week and stay safe! " 🙂 ^KenRaymond

T-Mobile >Page Telecommunication com...7.9M likes 7.8M followers

Welcome to the T-Mobile USA Facebook community, home-base for the Un-carrier revolution. Social Support from 3:00 am 9:30 pm PT. https://www.t-mobile.com /contact-us

Liked Message

I have the same issues and getting the same results as above… Same question here... has ANYONE in these community threads solved this problem? 

The process for signing up for a T-Mobile ID when you ONLY have the internet service and NOT a phone line starts here: T-Mobile ID | Sign Up. This sign up page will take you through a registration process that does not require a phone number. 

UNSOLVED 

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet) The T-Mobile ID/Sign Up is not working for me.

The paperwork that came with my gateway had a phone number for my account printed on it. I have no other T-Mobile service beside this.

Same with me... we're you ever able to sign up for ID without a T-Mobile phone number?

UNSOLVED

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet)

Did you finally get a ID? I can't find in these threads how the issue was resolved.

I don't have a T-Mobile phone line my phone carrier is MetroPcs and unable to sign up for T-Mobile ID.

Did you finally get a ID? I can't find in these threads how the issue was resolved.

I don't have a T-Mobile phone line my phone carrier is MetroPcs and unable to sign up for T-Mobile ID.

I was able to get on the TMobile ap successfully after downloading it from the Google Play Store.Just now.Even without a T Mobile phobe number.Hope,this may help.

I like the home internet.However,the whole not being able to log into their website without a tmobile phone number is ridiculous.I gave up.Going to have to find another way to make my payments.You should not need a tmobile number to log in.No solution.

I'm  having the exact same problem and get the same error codes. Now I can't even redeem my promo mastercard.

I don't know if this will help, I was able to put in for the promo by using the internet line number on my t-mobile internet device.

Here are the steps I took to create my account:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/TMobile/ 
  2. Message them during 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT
  3. Ask them to “file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues”
  4. Provide your email address, home internet phone number, and PIN
  5. Wait 3 hours for them to work on the ticket
  6. Try signing in at https://account.t-mobile.com/signin/v2/

Also, you can create a T-Mobile community account with any email without a phone number:

1. Go to https://community.t-mobile.com/
  2. Click “Login”
  3. Click “Sign up” (or try this link: https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount?access_type=online&response_type=code&display=O&redirect_uri=https:%2F%2Fsso-us-west-2.api.insided.com%2Fauth%2Foauth2%2Freturn&scope=TMO_ID_profile%20openid%20associated_lines&state=3pVPD4yzuG&client_id=Community&loginId=&fp_client=cc5a224d0f68637b60f5d8075669d88d)

Hope this helps! Cheers.

This did it! Haven’t been able to login for 2+ years. Many calls to tech support need helped. DM in Facebook fixed it in 1 day. Thank you so much!

I tried this. I hit up tforce on twitter even linked this thread.  They would not help without verifying I was a tmobile user, which I couldn't do because I didn't know my 6  15 digit pin....I can't login to see this or change it.  My only option is going to a store and presenting ID.  I feel even if I get this pin reset or whatever this is not going to get me any closer to completing my tmobile id.   One point today it did accept my gateway phone number and said it texted it, but I received nothing on the actual box.   

Here are the steps I took to create my account:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/TMobile/ 
  2. Message them during 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT
  3. Ask them to “file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues”
  4. Provide your email address, home internet phone number, and PIN
  5. Wait 3 hours for them to work on the ticket
  6. Try signing in at https://account.t-mobile.com/signin/v2/

Also, you can create a T-Mobile community account with any email without a phone number:

1. Go to https://community.t-mobile.com/
  2. Click “Login”
  3. Click “Sign up” (or try this link: https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount?access_type=online&response_type=code&display=O&redirect_uri=https:%2F%2Fsso-us-west-2.api.insided.com%2Fauth%2Foauth2%2Freturn&scope=TMO_ID_profile%20openid%20associated_lines&state=3pVPD4yzuG&client_id=Community&loginId=&fp_client=cc5a224d0f68637b60f5d8075669d88d)

Hope this helps! Cheers.

The same issue has caused late fees and cancelled service on my account as I cannot access the account to remedy the problems. Calling monthly to provide payment over the phone is not tenable.

My latest trouble ticket was created after three long phone conversations with a promise to give a callback within 48 hours. It has been six days at this point from that third conversation.

You can pay as a guest on the regular T-Mobile app. That’s what I’ve had to do for the past 9 months since I can’t login either.

The same issue has caused late fees and cancelled service on my account as I cannot access the account to remedy the problems. Calling monthly to provide payment over the phone is not tenable.

My latest trouble ticket was created after three long phone conversations with a promise to give a callback within 48 hours. It has been six days at this point from that third conversation.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had this same issue for nearly 3 months.  After numerous lengthy phone calls to customer support, specifically the internet support group, I finally have account access.  I spoke with Joanna who actually followed through with the trouble ticket, worked with someone in IT and then called me back to walk me through actually logging in to my account.  I now have full access.  What I did notice is that the first time I was able to login, the USER ID was my Gateway’s phone number and not my email address.  Now, after logging in and out a bunch of times, I can report that I can use either the phone number or my email address.  YAY!!!

Userlevel 1

@HeavenMI have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

I did that last night, this is what T-force on Twitter said:

“Well, for some reason your account is not playing well today! It looks like (removed) had filed a ticket with our back office to get this resolved. This can take a few days and you will receive a email that the T-Mobile ID is fixed.”

Definitely not a fix within minutes.

Hmm. It is weird if they filed the ticket and still have the issue. Can you send me a DM. I might be able to look a little further to find that missing link. I have very limited access to account details here, but I don’t mind using what I have to help as much as I can. 

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, HeavenM was able to resolve my issue immediately once I provided them with my email address and phone number for the internet gateway. I was able to log in to my T-Mobile ID account without seeing the “link your phone number” page. So it appears there is a relatively quick solution with whatever ticket process they used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HeavenMI have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

“Well, for some reason your account is not playing well today! It looks like (removed) had filed a ticket with our back office to get this resolved. This can take a few days and you will receive a email that the T-Mobile ID is fixed.”

Hmm. It is weird if they filed the ticket and still have the issue. Can you send me a DM. I might be able to look a little further to find that missing link. I have very limited access to account details here, but I don’t mind using what I have to help as much as I can. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

Userlevel 1

@HeavenM I have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Glittery Over a month with the same issue can be extremely frustrating. There have been some updates in the last couple weeks. Please reach out to our customer support teams (the favorite way is to message us on Facebook or Twitter). Just ask the support person to file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. This is a new ticket process where they ask for the email you are trying to use as your T-Mobile ID. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

One month later, and I am still having the same loop stuck with trying to login to my account. I could not activate my rebate before it expired, get a refund of the connection fee, and I could not switch my payment method because we are all unable to log into our accounts. It is unacceptable for this to be broken for over a month at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you. Another question I have for you @HeavenM 

Is it possible to port forward in the modem configuration or make modifications there? When I login at the IP gateway address, the user interface is very bare bones.

The web interface is pretty limited. You are able to change some settings using the T-Mobile Internet app. Port forwarding is not available on our modems.

The rebate should still be done through promotions.t-mobile.com. You will need your established T-Mobile ID, the gateway phone number, and the promotion code. If you are having issues registering the T-Mobile ID or getting an error during the rebate redemption, you will need to reach out to our customer support teams to have them take a deeper look.