Long time customers get no promotions!

• 14 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have been a T-Mobile customer for over 11 years. I have five phone lines on my plan and have purchased several phones over the years. I have always paid my bills on time and for this loyalty, I get no discounts. I recently had issues with identity theft, and had to cancel two of my phone lines and purchase two new phones. I was so upset with the fact that AGAIN no promotions applied to me. It seems to me the people that have stayed loyal to you over the years should get the same deals to keep them as your customers. I’m very seriously considering returning my two new iPhone 15 Pro Max phones and going to a different service provider.

9 replies

Promo offered but did not commit -- False Advertising --- I gave TM the opportunity to resolve their mistake and tried to work with them but they keep on saying that they will escalate and it will be fixed in the next billing cycle -- but again false promise 

There seems to be a pattern with false advertising & promotion that TM does not want to honor after the transaction has been made. I was offered a promo in Dec 2023 and the condition was that I will get a $830.00 credit towards a new iPhone 15 Pro  if I handed in any working smartphone and need not change my current plan. I traded in my iPhone 5 paid the initial setup cost and got a new iPhone 15 pro.

Come Jan 2024 - Called 611 and spoke with Dan and he informed me that I takes 2 billing cycles to get the credit posted and that he can see the promo and the credit amount. 

Feb 4  2024 - Called again and spoke to a rep and was informed that it will be corrected in the next billing cycle and applied a manual credit of $34.58 to my Feb bill and informed that starting Mar bill, credit will be applied automatically.

Mar 10 2024 - Called 611 (reached Tennessee call center)  as I noticed that the credit was not applied - Spoke with Charles (Employee ID 10301) and he informed me that I do not qualify for the promo and he confirmed that the notation on my records from Dec was for $800.00 and not $830.00 but I’m not eligible for that promo (3 months after I made the transactions). Charles offered one time credit of $50.00 for the inconvenience.. I declined the offer and he informed me to hold and see what he can do… Came back 20 mins later with a one time credit of $350.00 after talking to the supervisor… I declined and asked him to transfer me to his supervisor - Asia (Employee ID 10784)  came on the call (this is now 40 mins into the call) and said that I do not qualify for the promo offered to me in Dec2023. She informed me that she can backdate the promo if I upgrade my plan (now I have to pay more for the GO5G plan) for them to offer the promo… I declined and was passed on to Jason (Emp ID 74956)..and he offered me $100.00 credit.. Eventually he said that he will put in for escalation and someone will call back in 72 hrs (I was on the call to resolve the promo issue for almost 65min and got nowhere)… I’m not happy with the switch and bait tactic TM is using to lock in clients for 24 months. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have used Tmobile for 20 years and usually promos require you to change plans and for that free or heavily discounted phone will cost you more in the long run.

I have a grandfathered One 55+ plan that I pay $70 a month for 2 lines of unlimited talk, text and data so I'll buy my phones from Google when they have promos.

Badge

Exactly they wanted me to change to a more expensive plan too in order to get a promotion. That’s bogus. There are plenty of other providers offering promotions and instead of working with me, they may have just lost my business. If I have to jump to different providers in order to get the deals, I guess that’s what I need to do. I’m not usually one to make noise, but I bet this would go viral on TikTok  I’m sure I’m not the only person that this has happened to!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Exactly they wanted me to change to a more expensive plan too in order to get a promotion. That’s bogus. There are plenty of other providers offering promotions and instead of working with me, they may have just lost my business. If I have to jump to different providers in order to get the deals, I guess that’s what I need to do. I’m not usually one to make noise, but I bet this would go viral on TikTok  I’m sure I’m not the only person that this has happened to!!

Unfortunately you're going to run into the same issues with all of the carriers down the road.

Badge

Maybe. But I just got off the phone with a family member who recommended AT&T. They have good family plans right now and they are offering deals on the iPhones. I’m wondering how they treat customers that have been loyal to them for years might be worth making the switch. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Switch and in 2 years+ you'll be on the same boat. 

Badge

You’re probably right, but still seriously considering it. Times are tough and I could use the discount now. I have always praised t-Mobile to people, but over the years I have been annoyed with the fact that I never get a break on a new purchase. Even when I’m buying multiple phones. I’m not saying give me a free line but hey, you’ve been a customer for 10 years…Let me give you a 10% discount or something. Some kind of incentive to stay your customer would be appreciated

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just keep switching. Chances are depending on your plan you'll pay more for AT&T on the bill than just taking an EIP in the long run in most cases especially if you are on a legacy plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've been buying Pixel phones through Google using their financing which is better than Tmobile. Also Google’s trade in process was a pain free experience. I received the trade in amount I was quoted for the 2 phones I traded in.

A lot of times it's better to go to the manufacturer to buy your phone and bypass Tmobile.