Solved

Promo Code says expired but I just received it today

Userlevel 1
Badge

I received confirmation that I could order the Amazon Echo Show and to use the provided promotion code. I went to the link, but and pasted the promo code but Amazon says “this code has expired” I just got it!  Suggestions?

icon

Best answer by SatcomGuy 5 October 2022, 01:13

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 1

Just got this!

Hey there Jason! My name is , and I am going to be your #MagentaGuru today. I love that you are keeping up with our offers, so I would love to check into this with you. I am a deal expert, so you are in great hands. Our promo team is aware of that error message, and you will receive an email with an updated claim code by 10/7/22. I hope that helps! Thank you so much for letting us know you had an issue with that first code, I appreciate you! ^

Userlevel 1

Yep, same here.  Received code today, expired per Amazon link.

I honestly have NEVER had this problem in the past.  Promo codes always worked for me.  I am surprised this happened and will be even more surprised if the right person won’t fix it.  I’m waiting for a response on Twitter now but will post publicly if I don’t get a response soon. 

Userlevel 1

Literally only use Facebook or Twitter… every other way for any help from ANY company is horrible.

Userlevel 1

Just got this!

Hey there Jason! My name is , and I am going to be your #MagentaGuru today. I love that you are keeping up with our offers, so I would love to check into this with you. I am a deal expert, so you are in great hands. Our promo team is aware of that error message, and you will receive an email with an updated claim code by 10/7/22. I hope that helps! Thank you so much for letting us know you had an issue with that first code, I appreciate you! ^

Nice.  Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Just got this from support. 

Received promotion code for free echo show but when I went through the checkout process at Amazon it said the code had expired even though I just received it. What's going on?

Userlevel 1

I received the same response as others today.  Looks like we should expect a new code be sent by 10/7/22...

“Hi Carlyle, thanks for reaching out to T-Force! My name is Dorothy and you came to the right place for support. We appreciate you for taking time out of your day to bring this to our attention. We apologize for this experience. Our support teams are engaged and working to resolve this issue. We anticipate replacement offer codes will be delivered via email to all previously approved customers by end of day October 7, 2022 so you'll want to keep an eye on your inbox for the new code. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.”

Wow same thing here!

Userlevel 1

Same here just got sent back and forth from t-mobile and Amazon 4 times.  I got the code at 3 and tried to claim at 5 pm and just says expired code.  Tmobile reps did not help are they not aware of this issue since there are so many complaints about the codes????

Same issue - reached out to TMobile help on twitter - awaiting a reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hopefully new codes will arrive by Friday. Thanks to those of you who posted your rep responses here.  It’s not an Amazon problem, it is a T-Mobile one, and I trust T-Mobile will get it corrected.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Spent 2.5 hours of my life I will never get back on both live chat and phone. No resolution.  The person on the phone said others had this same issue, and to see this community forum for answers! Really? Thanks to all of you who posted their reply with an anticipated new code issuance by Friday.  Please, lets not all hold out breath til then!

Same. Just spent 45 minutes on the phone for a rep to finally tell me that I would get a new promotional code via email around October 7. I don’t trust it at all. I’ve let her know that I only have Internet with T-Mobile and was considering changing my phone over, but now I’m not so sure. T-Mobile needs to get it together. Fast.

Received the email at 3:42pm yesterday and tried to redeem at 3:50pm yesterday and stated expired code.

Called T-Mobile was on phone with rep for 30min and then was told to call Amazon.

Called Amazon and was told it was T-Mobile issuing the codes.

Called T-Mobile and was put on hold for over 15min for them to come back and say they will call me back in 1 hour with a brand new code.

No call came.

Today called and the rep did not even seem to know about this promotion at all.

Called again and was transferred to the home internet rep.

That rep then stated they have over 17,000 users with expired codes and that on Oct 7th a new code will be sent out. This to me seems fishy as it’s almost like they are trying to get past the promotion validity date to avoid having to give out the shows.

Same here.  Just got the code via email yesterday.  I put in the code on Amazon checkout and get the message “The promotional code you entered has expired.”  Is it worth calling T-mobile Customer Service to get a different code?

Same here.  Just got the code via email yesterday.  I put in the code on Amazon checkout and get the message “The promotional code you entered has expired.”  Is it worth calling T-mobile Customer Service to get a different code?

They won’t give you one. They will just tell you they are mailing out new ones on Oct 7th.

Update:- A new email with a unique code will be sent to all the impacted customers on Oct 07th 2022 EOD as per the customer rep. This is a known issue.

Same thing. Received email yesterday and amazon says it has an expired code. Customer service with both Tmob and Amazon couldn't figure it out after a long time on the phone. Anyone have any luck getting this resolved? Not a very good promotion if it doesn't work. So frustrating. 

I messaged them on Facebook and got this:

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to connect with us here in T-Force. T-Mobile certainly wants everyone eligible for the Amazon Echo offer to receive a functional code so that it can be redeemed successfully. The trouble being encountered is something we're aware of. Our support teams are engaged and working diligently to resolve this issue. We anticipate replacement offer codes will be delivered via email to all previously approved customers by end of day October 7, 2022. ❤ ^AshleeCooper

Shame on T-Mobile. They not only do a poor job on following through with their promos, they do a poor job of training their customer care reps to handle customer issues. As a leader in communications and technology they apparently do not keep their reps updated on current issues and how to best help their customers. Oftentimes the rep begins by making the customer believe they are wrong or misunderstood the promo, regardless of what the promo is. Today the rep I was speaking with actually said she would forward my issue up the chain to the Business Intelligence Team. I didn't comment nor do I know if T-Mobile trains their reps to say things like this but my initial thought was that she was saying she was not intelligent enough to handle this issue. Again, shame on T-Mobile for their lack of good training and for not providing their reps with the information to handle issues to the best of their ability. I'm not really expecting to receive a new promo code that works but if it's that simple, post the code here, don't make us continue to wait or call again for a $69 item on Amazon that we should have received weeks ago. 

I have the same issue and I’m glad I Googled the issue and was directed to this forum. From what I’ve read T-Mobile is aware of the problem with the code and sending a new this week. Thank you to those that posted the response received regarding a possible solution soon. 

I called 611, the t-mobile team of experts resolve it in 15 minutes.  He emailed me a new code, wait for me to check out on amazon and completed the order before saying goodbye to me.  I am waiting for my echo shows 8 happily now.  Hope this helps, call 611.

I spent over two hours on chat with two TMobile “experts”. Ultimately I was told I would get a new code. Customer service was horrible. Full of contradictions, indecipherable responses and delay. Why hasn't T-Mobile proactively emailed everyone who got an expired code? And I thought Verizon customer service was bad. This was worse!

I just got off the phone CLUELESS had no idea what I was talking about.

LOL>>>>NOW YOU CAN’T ORDER IT ON AMAZON!   “CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE”