1/25/2024 Hulu on us text message with link not working!

• 25 January 2024
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just received my NEW “hulu on us” SMS and the link to claim the offer does not work. Anyone else experiencing this?

Phone Arena says there are issues. Hopefully T-Mobile backend and they fix it soon!

T-Mobile subscribers having issues claiming their free "Hulu On Us" perk - PhoneArena

29 replies

My Huluonus iss not working and they sent me the link. What do I do 

Same here, SD california

Same here. Boston area

Same here, Seattle Wa

yup, same here, have tried multiple times, sometimes hung up on Hulu side, other times hung up on T mobile side. Appears they did not anticipate the response. I had no issues with Apple TV or any of the other perk sign ups.

same here in south Texas! hoping they get it fixed soon!

Apparently if you don’t have the Go5G plan you can’t get it. I have two phones on Magenta Max and TMHI, they sent me the text, but no go. That really sucks! Going to check out Verizon for cell and wireless home internet which is offered here. This really ticks me off!

Apparently if you don’t have the Go5G plan you can’t get it. I have two phones on Magenta Max and TMHI, they sent me the text, but no go. That really sucks! Going to check out Verizon for cell and wireless home internet which is offered here. This really ticks me off!

Hmmmm, I have Go5G plan. That’s interesting. 

Badge

T-Mobile’s messaging on this is definitely confusing. I too received a text message which linked to my plan.  It did not take me to an activation page.

I think this might be on purpose. T-Mobile, by most accounts I have read online, is offering this to their Go5G Next plan members. None of the other Go5G plans are eligible.

Sending me to my Plan page is perhaps a none-too-subtle hint to upgrade. The exact text message reads: “T-Mobile: Exciting news! Your new streaming benefit is here—introducing Hulu ON US. Don't miss out. Redeem and start watching today: <link>.

Certainly seems like I get the benefit but it could also simply be interpreted as the benefit is now live. That’s tricky if that is all they mean and not transparent.

I was told about the Go5G yesterday, but tried it again and it worked this time. A real mess where my CC wouldn’t work so I had to use the same CC with PayPal and it did work. Everything on the setup says it expires next Jan on today’s date or you’re charged $8. Put a reminder in my calendar to cancel if TM stops the promotion.

I have the Magenta Max plan as well, apparently need the GO5G plan to get AppleTV as well as HULU.

Perhaps, when sending out promotion texts, include in the text what plan is needed so don’t waste time trying to sign up when it’s really not avaliable. Just a thought.

Was able to finally get in through the TMobile link, just beware you’ll be directed to the Hulu website to sign up and provide a credit card so they can bill you after the complimentary year is up.  Your credit card or PayPal shouldn’t  be charged unless you add on Disney+ or opt for other options like the ad free subscription.

Could not sign up in Alabama. IMy options were if I was a current Hulu customer, do this first. If you are  a t-mobile for business customer?  click here.

Nether applies. So why did they send me a link to this page?

Badge

Here’s an update to my previous post: I called Customer Service. After just over 40 minutes, I connected with Gladys. She is extremely friendly.

I told her about my messaging concerns and she confirmed that the Hulu offering was for Go5G Next but also for “targeted customers”. I previously thought I got the text because I am a former Sprint customer who had Hulu. She confirmed that was the case and walked me through the activation

Note: If you are getting the text, you are probably a targeted customer. Just make sure you disable VPN when trying to activate. VPN was blocking my prior attempts.

Note the 2nd: I know a lot of people hate their telecom companies and their cable/streaming services, but I have to say that over the years, I have never had a real problem with T-Mobile. I did move out of a state where it was prevalent to state where it was not existence some years ago, and so switch to another service. But when T-Mobile became available in my state, I signed up. I’m very happy I did. I think the benefits that they offer like Hulu on us, Netflix, Apple TV are outstanding.

Please look at this page on T-Mobile own site. Check out the last paragraph listed “Full terms”. It clearly says those with Magenta Max is included.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/rs219

I have the Magenta Max plan as well, apparently need the GO5G plan to get AppleTV as well as HULU.

Perhaps, when sending out promotion texts, include in the text what plan is needed so don’t waste time trying to sign up when it’s really not avaliable. Just a thought.

Please look at this page on T-Mobile own site. Check out the last paragraph listed “Full terms”. It clearly says those with Magenta Max is included.

•  

•  

Here’s an update to my previous post: I called Customer Service. After just over 40 minutes, I connected with Gladys. She is extremely friendly.

I told her about my messaging concerns and she confirmed that the Hulu offering was for Go5G Next but also for “targeted customers”. I previously thought I got the text because I am a former Sprint customer who had Hulu. She confirmed that was the case and walked me through the activation

Note: If you are getting the text, you are probably a targeted customer. Just make sure you disable VPN when trying to activate. VPN was blocking my prior attempts.

Note the 2nd: I know a lot of people hate their telecom companies and their cable/streaming services, but I have to say that over the years, I have never had a real problem with T-Mobile. I did move out of a state where it was prevalent to state where it was not existence some years ago, and so switch to another service. But when T-Mobile became available in my state, I signed up. I’m very happy I did. I think the benefits that they offer like Hulu on us, Netflix, Apple TV are outstanding.

•  
Badge

•  

I suggest calling their customer service line. I did. Everything worked out for me. If you received a text, it is highly likely you are a “targeted customer”.  This is the first day of their Hulu On Us offering. There are always bound to be glitches.

Same problem. Received the text and tried to sign up, but was unable to sign up for this benefit.  Website says my account ‘does not qualify’ for it??  Strange.  Hope that they notify us when the problem is fixed.

Have been trying to get this for a week. Keep being told by T-Mobile the link site is busy. Tried in middle of night last night. Link is totally DEAD. Called HULU- they say the T-Mobile code is incorrect. T-Mobile just not ready for prime time. And obviously nobody from TM reads this site.

Has anybody been able to resolve this??

Badge

Has anybody been able to resolve this??

Yes, I was able to resolve it by calling customer service.  I spoke with Gladys.  See a couple of my posts above.  I was initially told that the link wasn’t working because the site was very busy.  The agent said she would call me back in a couple of hours to see if we could get in together.  She did.

Two things to be sure of:  1.  If you got the email, you are a targeted customer; and 2).  Make sure you disable VPN.  Beyond that, you just have to get lucky and connect with the right customer service associate.  I work for a firm with a large CS center and I can state for a fact that CS associates have been known to be wrong.  Gladys was quite knowledgeable and skilled at her job.  I wanted to hire her

Have spoken to 5 customer service reps. (at Maine Facility).

No solution other than to “wait” and try again.

Today, HULU rep told me it is link problem and the code number is wrong.

Just got a call back from TM saying they are working on it.

Not holding breath.

I will say that all reps have tried !!

Badge

Have spoken to 5 customer service reps. (at Maine Facility).

No solution other than to “wait” and try again.

Today, HULU rep told me it is link problem and the code number is wrong.

Just got a call back from TM saying they are working on it.

Not holding breath.

I will say that all reps have tried !!

Did you get an email with a link?  Are you a former Sprint customer who had Hulu? If you had a Hulu account previously, the instructions say to delete it if you did. Are you working behind a VPN? If so, make sure you disable it.  Do some basic troubleshooting and clear your cookies and cache and try again.

I can’t explain why your experience is different than mine except I worked with someone named Gladys who pushed the right buttons and pulled the right levers. 

It seems less like an issue with you or your eligibility and more like a tech issue that needs to be resolved.

Good luck.