Solved

Does T-Mobile's Netflix login work for Roku?

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

When you sign up for free Netflix Basic w/ T-Mobile, do you set up Netflix password/login for Roku, or do you have to cast Netflix from your iPhone? Will Netflix operate on my Roku (which uses my Fios service)? Do you get sent a lot of promotional text messages from Netflix after you sign up?

icon

Best answer by BobT 18 October 2023, 00:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You’ll get an actual Netflix account, establishing your own login for the Netflix account (email and password)  and you use it for anything you’d like subject to the plan’s limitations and terms of service. Don’t even have to be on a T Netflix simply bills TMO connection. for it, other than that it’s a normal Netflix account. If you go beyond the basic plan you pay the differrence.

I haven’t got a ton of promos from Netflix after sign up but don’t recall if I opted out when I did receive them. 

Badge

Thanks Bob! That’s what I needed to know!

So, I have a related question. I have an existing Netfilx account I stream through our smart TV’s. Do I have to cancel that account and setup a new account through T-Mobile. And if so I would then login via Roku, for example, with the new account I set up with T-Mobile?

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You can convert your existing Netflix account to a T-Mobile Netflix on Us account.   

Sign out of Netflix on your TVs and any other devices.   Redeem the Netflix on Us offer in your T-Mobile account and enter your existing Netflix email address.   On completion, login again on all your TVs and devices.

Netflix on Us | T-Mobile Support

Netflix streaming subscription requires redemption, a new or existing active Netflix account, and a compatible streaming device or app before it can be used.    

• You can use your existing Netflix account when activating Netflix on Us.
    • If you have an existing Netflix account, log out of the Netflix app or website on your device.