• 15 August 2021
  • 50 replies

Show first post

50 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Are you using Chrome on your Mac?

Badge

Fails to load on Mac: Chrome; Mac: Firefox; iOS: Chrome; iOS: Safari; Android: Chrome. 

So 3 browsers on 3 operating systems all behave (fail to load judiglova.com) the same. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Are you running over a VPN by chance?

Badge

I’m sorry, I’m not on VPN. I am apparently a difficult case! 

You can see why I didn’t want to get on the phone for this ;-) 

I am having the same issues, some websites not wanting to load. My friend who has the same service is experiencing the same problems. www.figandcoite.com can ya’ll try to load this website?

I just got 5G Home Internet and had same issue over ethernet, but WiFi worked fine. So i compared the IP settings of both connections on my Mac. I noticed the ethernet connection was missing the router IP in the DNS settings. Once i added that everything worked.

Problem just popped up for me today. A Web Site I manage won’t load. Rebooting the router fixes it but then failure ensues. I’m suspicious that some legitimate cross web-site scripting is causing the problem because I use WordPress with tons of plug ins and the problem only starts when I try to update my content. I’ll follow-up if can come to any conclusion.

I have the same odd failed page loads on specific sites, so I am monitoring this thread too.  I am a new user and usually service is good and speeds are 200Mbs down, 30Mbs up if not congested.  If I come up with new information then I will post back here.  For now I am using http://judiglova.com/ as a test (it always loads fine on cellular) .

I am not up to filing a tech support case now - maybe later.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m running out of ideas.  The next thing I would do is use the host command from the terminal to confirm your DNS lookups are returning the same IP regardless of that network you’re on.  Assuming those are the same, I would also try a traceroute from the terminal to see if you can determine how far your request gets.  The Chrome developer tools could also be useful if you have the Network tab open when you make the request.

Badge

Thank you. It’s a tough one. I will try this, though it’s a bit beyond me. 

You also have me thinking I could try to turn on a VPN and see if that changes anything…

I’ll report back…

And thank you. 

Adding to the data points here… I’m having the same problem (any device or browser connected to TMobile Home Internet/5G) not rendering certain web pages. It cleared up when I used a VPN.

Same issue started happen to me today with webmail site (other sites are fine), regardless the device I am using as long it connected to the T-Mobile wifi network. I’ve tried modifying DNS, IPV6 etc. does not matter. I ran tracert and It time out along the way, so I am confidence it is on the t-mobile cell network.

Don’t know if they aware of it, I am not sure what to do next

I’m having the same issue accessing one website I NEED to use for work from home. When I connect in my workplace, website works perfectly. I may have to switch back to my old provider because of this one site. A shame, because the service works great otherwise. 

I just had the exact same issues the OP had. Have had tmo home internet for 6 months and this is first time it happened. Certain sites wouldn’t load, across multiple PCs, phones, browsers, even my roku streaming stick wouldn’t connect to certain apps like Hulu, yet HBO Max worked. So definitely seemed pointed to the tmobile service. Yet connecting to my tmobile 4g phone’s hotspot made everything work normally. So maybe it was 5g related. The Tmobile home internet app is mostly a joke, basically only things it lets you change if you want 2.4 and/or 5 mhz bands, SSID, and password, that’s it. And the vast majority of the time when I open that app it doesn’t recognize I’m connected to the modem (“Hmm, we couldn’t get you connected automatically...”).

After about 12 hrs of having this issue and unplugging modem once to restart with no changes, I was actually able to connect to modem with the home internet app, which I used to restart the device and that did the trick. Back to normal.

J-Mac where did you find “DNS settings in System Preferences/Networking to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 “ when I log onto the Ethernet connection settings I don’t see that option.  I feel like the problem is something with the IPv6 as someone else said.  When I turn on my VPN everything loads fine, but if I turn the vpn off nothing will load on Safari, Firefox works which is really odd. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t have a solution--just another data point. Everything (including that URL for Judi Glove) works fine on my MacBook, on all three gateway wifi bands (2.4 and both the 5G bands). My MacBook is wifi 6 capable.  

I’m using an M1 MacBook Air, macOS Monterey 12.3, using mostly default network settings. Configure IPV4: Using DHCP. Configure IPV6: Automatically. I did add the Google DNS servers in my network configuration (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), as J-Mac did, but I always do that very first when setting up new networks, so I don’t know how it would have been with different ones.  I also have the gateway itself (192.168.12.1) in the DNS server list.

Works fine with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers.

I know it doesn’t help solve the problem, but I add that info as another data point. As a retired IT guy (database, security, and network), most of the time when I faced problems connecting to only some (but not all) web sites, it was a DNS issue.

Same issue here with Netflix, Hulu and Paramount+ on TCL Roku, iOS and MacOS. Tried via router (Airport TimeCapsule) with the same result. Spent a whole day talking to Tmo/hulu/Netflix customer support but no help.

I have yet to look into DNS settings etc as that’s beyond my comprehension for now, but I wished any of the folks I spent the whole day with would’ve only mentioned that. Extremely frustrating, but I also know that is a hardass job.

If anyone could direct me to resources re: changing DNS setting (esp on TCL TV, is that even possible?) I’d be real grateful🙇🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When using Safari on my MacBook Pro I have taken a packet capture of the link to the http://judiglova.com/ site. With a quick nslookup I can see the DNS to IP resolution shows 35.209.59.249 IP address associated with the judiglova.com host name. The session starts with IPv4 from my client to the 35.209.59.249 IP and I can see the TCP source port 443 so I am sure of the conversation establishment. The page renders in a timely manner. The curious part I have not taken apart is the IPv6 flow that follows the initial IPv4 conversation setup/establishment. 

Open a terminal window and see if you can ping judiglova.com - the IP 35.209.59.249 should be resolved by the DNS and if it is not blocked then the ping should be successful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I should add that I have the IPv6 configuration on my MAC set to automatic so I do run both IPv4 and IPv6. I am not sure if it is related but it is another datapoint. I am wired to a Thunderbolt adapter via CAT-6 Ethernet cabling so I know the traffic rides the Ethernet connection. Maybe it is related to running a dual stack IPV4 and IPV6. I tend to leave default settings alone. 

Don’t poke the sleeping dog.

If you load Wireshark and take a packet capture of the period of time when you initiate the session to the site you can save the capture and deliver that to T-Mobile support. I am sure they have engineers there that can read packet captures. Installing Wireshark and saving a packet capture is pretty easy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you want a quick low down on your IP addressing open the terminal and type in /sbin/ifconfig

It takes a few seconds for the terminal to render the report on my MAC as it is older but be patient. With that information you will know more than you ever thought you wanted to know about the IP addressing on your MAC. 

You can select and copy that information into a text file and provide that to support as well. If there is anything out of sorts a good engineer should be able to pick it apart.

I have the same issue on puppybear.tv I make money watching videos. it loads fine with Spectrum which I still have because when I cancel they gave me it for free for the next 2 years since the government program pays $30.

I am having the same troubles for the last 3-4 weeks when I use duda.co to develop websites.  It is very intermittent too.

So I ran into the same issue where even my LG smart TV would play any content even though it was connected to the internet.  Lowkeyhitech was correct that TMobile has a filter applied by default on some accounts (business ones usually) that block specific sites.  The solution is to call TMobile and have it removed, but it needs to be done with technical support because customer service won't know anything about it. 

We are having the same issue.  My wife is having problems working from home when connected through the 5G router.  All pages load fine when connected through the CenturyLink router, but do not load when connected through the 5G router.  Doesn't appear to be a workaround or solution yet.  Will have to cancel T-Mobile internet.  Disappointing since it is much faster than our DSL.  But if certain web pages won't load....

I can’t get discovery plus in the evenings. YouTube load YouTube TV loads but not discovery plus I can get discovery plus in the daytime which doesn’t really help me. Any ideas what to do about that? I did have a Netgear box that I used with my former Internet service but I don’t need it because the signal strength is excellent. I’m not very tecky and appreciate any advice