Question

Anyone's Home Internet App not loading?

• 12 November 2022
  • 36 replies

Badge

I had an issue and they reset my router/modem. The password reset and Im trying to change it back but I can’t load back into TMobile Home Internet App at all. Its stuck at loading.

36 replies

The mobile application appears to work for some people and not so much for others. I have an iPhone 12 Pro, from T-Mobile mind you, and it seldom loads the T-Mobile home internet application without 6-8 attempts to get it to work and more often than not it fails all together. Just to feel the pain with you I took the time to see if it would log me in. Low and behold it let me in after 6 try. I was just giving up and left it sitting 20-30 seconds after pressing the “Login” yet again. It actually presented me with the password window. I logged in and it tells me I have a connection to the gateway but NO internet. Duh… I am typing this right now connected and the mobile application can’t figure it out. I have the Nokia which has the web GUI and I can see it has BOTH cellular signals and is working fine. GO FIGURE

So, if it loads at all just hit the login and wait 30 seconds or so then see if it presents the password entry. If it does well it might work. Don’t get in a hurry. Be patient and persistent. That is what I found with the mobile application. Feel free to leave constructive comments for T-Mobile so they maybe get the idea that having a single access method to manage the gateway is a BAD IDEA. 

Try restarting your router/modem and your device. If that doesn’t work, clear the app cache or reinstall the T-Mobile Home Internet app. If the issue persists, contact T-Mobile support for assistance.

Badge

Too many customers and their too cheap to build or lease adequate bandwidth or tower space. It's that pesky bottom line calling the shots instead of common sense and customer service.  

In case anyone is wondering, the app is STILL absolute garbage. Disabling Web interface access to the Sag router is an idiot move, as well. 

Found a fix that's seems to be working. Logout out and get to the screen were it asks for the admin password. Enter it and uncheck the remember me box. You will have to enter the admin password every time but it will connect.

Tmobile should have been sble to fix this long ago. Seeing complaints over 2 years old. Shamefull.

I had to factory reset my gateway after disconnecting the Alexa. Then I was able to connect the T-Mobile app. I hope this works for you. It is extremely frustrating. I get it. 

Also, the only work around for this to get a wireless access point and connect It to an Ethernet port on the gateway.  I haven’t tried it yet. My WAP just arrived today. 

We have an Alexa, disconnected it and it still won’t load.  It says to auto connect to my network and then you try to connect and nothing… you can try it over and over.  

I hope T Mobile updates this app… 

Disconnect all Amazon devices. I disconnected my FireStick and the TMobile app loads now. 

I’ve been struggling to connect with my iPhone 12… it used to work, then all the sudden it started getting glitchy and now I can’t log in at all.  

It’s so annoying… I did a complete factory reset twice trying to figure out what’s going on and then to find out it’s just the App??

-could you please take some time @TMobile and address this issue?? PLEASE??? 

I wasted hours of my life messing around with either my phone or the router.  Ugh…

I had an issue and they reset my router/modem. The password reset and Im trying to change it back but I can’t load back into TMobile Home Internet App at all. Its stuck at loading.

Disconnect all Amazon devices. I disconnected my FireStick and the TMobile app loads now. 

The app hasn’t worked since I got the internet several months ago. I’m beginning to think T-Mobile has killed all support for the wireless home internet product because there are tons of customers complaining about this and nothing being done.

STILL BROKEN!!!

Thanks for fixing, been about 4-6 weeks now and working fine.

App doesn’t work. FIX IT TMOBILE!!!

I’ve had issues with the app since day 1. I finally spoke to customer service and they confirmed it’s a known issue on iPhones, the app isn’t compatible with the recent IOS updates. Their only suggestion was that I borrow someone else’s Android device anytime I needed to access it. Complete BS answer. If that’s actually an answer in what ever troubleshooting steps they give their customer service people I don’t think I’ll be sticking around much longer. 

It is, as you have described, a rigged game. I got that step process of getting to run on my friends iOS 13 phone. On my android, the app runs fine always. It is a real poor interface to tmhi though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OK, just to play the game I went through the steps above exactly as outlined. Result=Fail. That does nothing for getting the application to connect on my iPhone 12 Pro. My phone is on 16.2 so maybe it does not behave the exact same way due to the iOS version in operation. So, it is not going to play. It is sort of like a rigged one arm bandit. The house is going to win.

T-Mobile just needs to fix the mobile application so it works on ALL their phones. Yes my iPhone is directly from T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I only actually come out to the community to try to help others with issues, as possible, by making suggestions. My gateway and the web GUI management work so I am very fortunate to not have to deal with a flakey internet connection, or rebooting gateway, or faulty mobile application. 

I have played pretty much every conceivable game with that application and it is just about useless. I have done multiple actions like you have listed from that posting and sometimes it works and sometimes not. The mobile application is junk and unreliable. I have seen users fighting with it for the past 2 years and nothing has changed. It is just as bad as it was two years ago. I can go get my old Pixel that only holds a charge for a short time and run the application from there if I need to. On Apple iOS it is nothing but near useless. I have the Nokia gateway and can use the web GUI to manage my gateway and that is how I roll. If our internet was as flakey as some that post here, and I was stuck with the T-Mobile home internet mobile application only to manage it. I would have moved on.

Users should NOT be forced to have a single way to manage the gateway especially since the newer gateways are rather flakey and users NEED a management solution that works. Users have not made enough noise apparently to get the attention of T-Mobile. I guess T-Mobile developers seem to feel that unreliable application is good enough? It is not good enough. I would not complain and make noise but someone needs to. The only way it will get their attention is if enough disgruntled subscribers make it a point to state on the way out that the experience with the mobile application was part of what they found distasteful about the solution. If T-Mobile personnel had to use that mobile application with their iPhone every day things would change. They would fix it. Clearly they do not feel the pain so nothing happens to improve the solution. 

I found the following, if the app won’t run.

1. Turn off TMHI app
  2. Turn off wifi on your device
  3. Restart TMHI app
  4. Wait until the app reports that the wifi isn’t connected and let it turn on your wifi on the device.
  5. After the app turns on wifi it will then run correctly. Be prepared to do this every time you need to reconnect.

Thanks, that does seem to work!

That being said, it is a somewhat convoluted way to go about things. I realize this is a community forum and not a support forum, however I am surprised that no one from T-Mobile has responded to these concerns. A quick look at Apple’s App Store ratings, the most recent replies are dismal to say the least. I thought T-Mobile was a customer focused company and I’m surprised T-Mobile would ignore this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In the Apple App Store there is a “Developer Spotlight” on Winston Chen about his success about reshaping an application into a hit.

Title: His Secret? Listening To His Users.

Maybe I am wrong and “users” find the T-Mobile home internet application is a great thing but I think not. If users do not voice their option louder they will not be heard. Either users don’t seem to have a strong opinion, don’t care OR maybe T-Mobile is NOT LISTENING. The developers either need to be empowered to make the application work or maybe some new talent is needed. Any utility app that is so small and fails to get more than 1.5 stars is fundamentally flawed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

T-Mobile NEEDS to enable the web GUI management for the Arcadyan and Sagemcon gateways. When the Arcadyan first released the web GUI was there WITH “admin” access. Why, other than penny pinching, did they think that was a good idea????? One way, a poor way, to make changes to the gateway when NEEDED. If the mobile application developers can’t make it work there are plenty of others with experience with development of web pages that can. The entire framework is already there clearly as the Arcadyan gateway once had the capability. When a mobile application ONLY GETS 1.4 STARS IT IS OBVIOUSLY TRASH

As Forest Gump said, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

Get a clue, please!

You get no argument out of me!

The app sucks.  That’s all I can say.  Also, no help from T-Mobile support.

I found the following, if the app won’t run.

1. Turn off TMHI app
  2. Turn off wifi on your device
  3. Restart TMHI app
  4. Wait until the app reports that the wifi isn’t connected and let it turn on your wifi on the device.
  5. After the app turns on wifi it will then run correctly. Be prepared to do this every time you need to reconnect.

I’m of the opinion this app is pretty much garbage.

I’ve been using the T-mobile 5-G internet for about 6 months now and I have the KVD21 model router. The internet works well, however lately I am getting some lag waiting for pages to load. I have the app installed on a iPhone 13 and it hardly ever works. It just spins and spins. I used to be able to delete the app and reinstall and then it would work, but the last time it seriously broke something and I didn’t think I’d ever get connected to the router again. Finally after turning off my phone a couple of times and rebooting the router my phone has wifi again I’m sort of afraid of this app now and may just go back to Comcast. Which is a real shame as I did want this to work out.

I just don’t understand how such a fine company as T-mobile can roll out this garbage.

Same problem here. For nearly 2 month now. It’s annoying because my gateway looses 5g at random and I can’t reboot it from the app any longer.

fix it! 😁