Question

Google blocking search

Show first post

151 replies

same issue here in New Orleans

The same message came up here, and also you may not be able to post comments on YouTube because of the blocking.  There is a work-around though.  You can use a VPN to change your IP.  Windscribe once had some free VPN services, and some other VPN companies offer deals on Stacksocial. 

You could always try a different search engine.  Duck Duck Go, Qwant, or even Bing or one of the many others.

But that's the thing... this is just a symptom of a bigger problem. The problem is that the amount of traffic per IP address is high enough to set off Google's anti-DDOS mechanism. As more users sign up, I still believe this will spread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You could always try a different search engine.  Duck Duck Go, Qwant, or even Bing or one of the many others.

But that's the thing... this is just a symptom of a bigger problem. The problem is that the amount of traffic per IP address is high enough to set off Google's anti-DDOS mechanism. As more users sign up, I still believe this will spread.

Is it?  Maybe Google could relax their ridiculous anti-DDOS system because we know the bots are smarter than the average person.  All depends on how you want to look at solving the problem instead of trying to find an excuse to blame T-Mobile.

Userlevel 1

26 days and counting! 😊

I personally haven’t noticed a difference using iOS devices or non-iOS devices. I get the captcha basically every time I Google on both my iPhone and Macbook. As usual, rebooting the gateway is useless. I’ve also noticed the captchas getting more aggressive- sometimes the images it gives are so distorted that I have to actually put effort into solving it. 

Additionally, I have two internet lines, one using a Google Nest mesh Wifi network, and the other using the wifi that’s built into the gateway. I saw some say that the error had something to do with the mesh router, but my line that uses the stock router’s wifi still gets the captcha just as much as my mesh one does.

All of the above for me in Toledo, Ohio area … SO, has there been a resolution?  

TMHI-Sucks - If they’ve been using CGNAT all along why has it just now popped up? The issue has been only happening for the past two weeks for us, fine before then?

… and why hasn’t T-Mobile acknowledged the problem… ? Heck their tech support said it was our Mesh Wifi that was causing the problem and that it wasn’t compatible… all I could do to not laugh!

Seriously T-Mobile, get with it and fix your network…

Same issue here on all computers. Sometimes can just check the I am not a robot box and other times have to select images from a grid. Very annoying. Today it was a complete block and would not allow any captcha options. Did I mention it is very annoying? Switching to DuckDuckGo as search engine.

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile needs to take a lead to fix it rather than toss out a not-my-problem statement.  Let’s get this moving before customers start moving to new services.  

I really expected this to be fixed by now and it’s frustrating that nothing’s been done about it. Are we just supposed to sit here for weeks completing captchas every time we Google? Pretty sure it’s just an issue of Google flagging T-Mobile IPs as abusive - shouldn’t TMo be able to say “Hey, these are our dynamic IPs, stop blocking them”? Or at least change the IPs being assigned to customers until they figure out what the core issue is. Either way this is getting pretty old.

Userlevel 1

it really should be that simple!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-Mobile needs to take a lead to fix it rather than toss out a not-my-problem statement.  Let’s get this moving before customers start moving to new services.  

I really expected this to be fixed by now and it’s frustrating that nothing’s been done about it. Are we just supposed to sit here for weeks completing captchas every time we Google? Pretty sure it’s just an issue of Google flagging T-Mobile IPs as abusive - shouldn’t TMo be able to say “Hey, these are our dynamic IPs, stop blocking them”? Or at least change the IPs being assigned to customers until they figure out what the core issue is. Either way this is getting pretty old.

this would be something both TMO and Google would have to figure out...kick out fixes...test those..adjust again as needed..then once its been vetted to work then the update gets kicked out to fix it..there isnt a switch they just flick and all is good..there will be a bunch of back and forth..especially to figure out why its happening in the first place..

Userlevel 1

I first reported this issue in this same thread almost a week ago, and honestly thought I was going to be fixed soon. I came back here to see if there were any updates since the issue is still going, and I can’t believe they’re playing the old “not my issue, they have to fix it so you’re gonna have to wait for them” card. This is quite obviously an T-Mobile issue, seeing how there’s a trend on the IP addresses and their locations. Ridiculous. 

Around the time this issue was noticed, we began experiencing problems receiving emails with Thunderbird. The server is fine with both incoming and outgoing mail through the web interface, and we can still send emails via Thunderbird, but no emails are coming into Thunderbird. There are no error messages. Could this domain name server problem cause this email problem as well? Our current TMO home internet IP address is showing up in a couple of blacklists currently.

Hey there. That is a really weird error to be getting on a search. If I am understanding correctly, this error pops up right after typing a search before any search results come up. I would love to get some more information about the situation, so I can pass along the message for the really techy people to dig in and find out why. If you are comfortable sharing, I would love to know what you searched for, what time with time zone, and a screenshot of the error. If there is a hiccup with a set of our IP addresses and Google, then we want to tackle that asap. Thanks for sharing so we can figure it out!

About this page

This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.

IP address: 172.58.123.200
Time: 2023-08-24T23:34:19Z
URL: https://www.google.com/search?

Hey 😊 I have been keeping on the situation and hoping to have better news by now. Our engineering teams are engaged with Google to resolve the issue. There is no estimated time of completion yet. We do have all the examples we need at this time. 

You guys are so great about trying all the things to get the error and captcha to stop showing up. The suggestions from our teams right now are to refresh the browser and restart the gateway. You can also try different browsers and if possible, use iOS devices. 

I know this may not be the news y’all were hoping for. I’ll continue to watch and update here as soon as we know more. 

TMHI-Sucks - If they’ve been using CGNAT all along why has it just now popped up? The issue has been only happening for the past two weeks for us, fine before then?

… and why hasn’t T-Mobile acknowledged the problem… ? Heck their tech support said it was our Mesh Wifi that was causing the problem and that it wasn’t compatible… all I could do to not laugh!

Seriously T-Mobile, get with it and fix your network…

My guess is that it is a combination of more and more users being allocated to each IP, meaning that more traffic is going over each IP. It may be that it is just now tipping over the threshold set by Google for those IPs with higher numbers of users. Essentially, my guess is T-Mobile is adding customers, but not new IP addresses to the pool. Again, this is only a best guess by me as I'm not a T-Mobile employee. 

In terms of acknowledgement, they have acknowledged it is an issue, but have not provided any resolutions. They are also horrible with information dissemination, so their staff often has no clue.

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile - Thanks for your payment

I DON’T thank you for your crappy technical support!

Same thing happening in Jax FL for about the last 2 weeks.  Pretty annoying, I do think some of y'all need to calm down a bit... 

Come back to me when you've been dealing with it 10-20 times a day for nearly 3 weeks 😅. And when you actually have to solve the captchas, they are annoyingly non-specific. Like... "select pictures of motorcycles" but it actually wants you to select moped, motorcycles, and any other motorcycle-like vehicles. But the really infuriating ones are where it wants to select all the squares containing a certain item in the image... do I include the mirrors of the moped as being part of the "motorcycle"? What about the squares containing just the edge of the motorcycle? Because apparently I'm *not* human according to Google. It is an annoying game of semantics and pictionary for a false alarm that is consistently interrupting your workflow.

Well, you’re right.  That’s quite a bit more annoyance than I’m going through.  I get 4 or 5 a day and so far they’re only checkmarks.

I placed a search on Google and this is the response I got back.

"This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.”

What does this mean? Is Google trying to block my use of its service because of issues with T-Mobile?

So we got wireless internet from t-mobile about a month ago and it works fine for the most part even in our wooded Glen of a property. However, we have noticed several tines now with several different websites on both computer and cell phones will not come up while the wifi is turned on. This includes a few local government assistance sites, some but not all of our banking sites and even the ability to make an in app purchase on an app that is currently connected to the wifi but the purchase response is to connect to a network. 

Is anyone aware of issues with t-mobile wireless internet service and certain isp's not allowing you access B/C OF the wireless internet?? Perhaps it is due to/connected to recent AI related system upgrades at places like Google and wells fargo?

Pensacola, Fl here. I have worked on my computer trying to figure this mess out because when I searched about it all I saw was possible extension problems etc. Then I came upon this thread….. WOW!!!!!!!!! Get it together T-Mobile!

Same happening in Savannah, GA - any updates here? It’s getting to be over the top.

I would imagine that its an interconnectivity issue between T-Mobile and Google. 

I would not be surprised if its $$$-related.

I went back to Cox for internet. Haven't had the issue since.

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I’m in Louisiana. I really dislike having to bring this up but, is everyone here a Republican? Not saying that’s why, yet, just want to rule it out. 

I’ve been dealing with it for about a week now. All devices in the home and T Mobile internet and phone service. Hasn’t happened to me while away from the home. 

No.. LMAO this is not a republican conspiracy thing. How did you even come to that conclusion, why was it your first guess? Paranoia?

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I live about an hour from Pcola and have been having this happen for the last day

I have this issue too, just got my device. NW Ohio 172.58.123…

How do I open a ticket?