Question

How do I get T-mobile home internet into bridge mode

• 18 January 2023
  • 14 replies

Badge

I can not get the modem into bridge mode nor can i find the number for tech support.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

TMHI doesn’t currently have any gateways that support Bridge Mode.  

Userlevel 2

Tmobile Home Internet Modem /Routers do not support bridge mode.  However, if you are a small business customer, you can swap out your modem for the Inseego Waveform FX2000 which supports all the capabilities of typical routers (from AT&T and Xfinity) including IP Passthrough (Bridge Mode), Static LAN IP, Static WAN IP ($3 /month add-on service), VPN Server /Client, Port Forwarding, etc.

Userlevel 1

If T Mobile gateway does not support bridge mode, why are they promoting google nest wifi routers?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I can not get the modem into bridge mode nor can i find the number for tech support.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you will find “Contact Us” listed under Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are more features available on the modem for the business service.  That modem will cost you more a month though.

Userlevel 2

Write to T‑Mobile Customer Relations, P.O. Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380.  

Small Business Internet Pricing:  $50 /month, can get you the Inseego FX2000 which has full functionality … ½ mile away from tower and I get 500 mb down /60 mb up

Home Internet:  $50 /month, gets you the Sagecom router which is neutered … ½ mile away from tower and I get 500 mb down /40 mb up.

Yeah, personally, I’m a computer tech. Although I receive a 1099, these guys won’t qualify as a small business, because investment income is not earned income. Therefore I can’t file as self-employed. It makes me made and I’m going back to x-finity. At least I can protect myself with my own router and control the network and service that I pay for. That is some if you ask me. T-Mobile… you’re customers are going to drop like flies over time, starting with me.

Speeds are awesome due to being close to a highway. 86 dwn 50 up is i write this. The “meat” of the gateway being inaccessibly is almost as lame as New Magenta.

This being the 1st time Ive ever purchased a network device that you cant manage has left me with strange feelings & questions that Im sure will be danced around. TMobile? Whos managing my HOME network since I don't have access to?

This 20+ year Network Admin would like to know

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can manage it using the T-Mobile app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can?

Yes.  The app is the only way to manage the T-Mobike Gateway.  it's not as feature packed as a good router interface but it is enough for most users.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can?

Yes.  The app is the only way to manage the T-Mobike Gateway.  it's not as feature packed as a good router interface but it is enough for most users.

Right. You just can’t “get T-mobile home internet into bridge mode” using that app. That was the original question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can?

Right. You just can’t “get T-mobile home internet into bridge mode” using that app. That was the original question.

No bridge mode for home customers.  Small business customers get a different gateway that offers more options, including a bridge mode.

Tmobile Home Internet Modem /Routers do not support bridge mode.  However, if you are a small business customer, you can swap out your modem for the Inseego Waveform FX2000 which supports all the capabilities of typical routers (from AT&T and Xfinity) including IP Passthrough (Bridge Mode), Static LAN IP, Static WAN IP ($3 /month add-on service), VPN Server /Client, Port Forwarding, etc.

Unfortunately this means that you instead get a data limit of 100GB/mo and pay $264 for the new router.  (https://t-mo.co/4b2FzLE)

Sadly 😢  I’m going to have to cancel my T-Mobile home internet and go with Verizon FiOS which has no data cap, I use my own regular router (Apple AirPort Extreme, eero, etc), and $49/mo for a consistent 300Mb/s