I cannot access my job's VPN from home

• 8 January 2021
  • 54 replies

Show first post

54 replies

My company uses Check Point SecuRemote VPN and I am getting "Negotiation with site failed” using TMHI.

Userlevel 1

Update.  Turns out the event log says I am getting an 809 error.  IT asked me to relay this to TMobile when they respond. Still hopeful. 

Worst case is with the BS that T-mobile is doing with their gateway and internal networking… You could always ask your IT department to provision you on a WVD through Azure (if you have it) or they could setup you up with RDS web browser access.

it’s not t-mobiles fault that ipv4 is out of addresses  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That is the stupidest comment I’ve ever read. ipv4 is not out of address and won’t be until 2041. ITs a shame that T-Mobile can’t do ipv4 when, gee i don’t know maybe 90% of the world still uses it. Give me a break.

Userlevel 1

Following - similar boat here, GlobalProtect VPN does not want to play nice with the T-Mobile home internet apparently. :( 

I think you have this backwords. T-Mobile doesn’t want to play nice with vpns. It absolutely weird that they won’t support ipv4 when nobody has switched over to ipv6

Userlevel 1

Oh this is too funny. I just found documentation from T-Mobile stating that “IPv4 is the default internet protocol” Then in Step 6 it stats “IPv6 is an alternate protocol” So then why would they only make their home internet work with IPv6? Too funny!