Slow 4G connection only, but only sometimes -- SOLVED

Show first post

53 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I'm in S. Floridas where we (supposedly) have 5G UC. I am trying T-Mobile Internet to replace Xfinity, and so far I'm very pleased. The gateway only connects at ~45 mbps via 4G LTE, but the performance is excellent. I don't experience any latency in streaming either video or music. Download speeds are a bit slower, but still very good.

I'm connected to a b66 tower which hasn’t changed all week. 

All in all, based on price and performance, I'm very happy with the service so far. My T-Mobile gateway is a KVD21, the latest one they're sending to customers.

Badge

Just found this post about moving the gateway a little to get less bars, and I've got to say it worked. Moved it about 20 degrees and went to 3 bars from five. Did a quick reset and B2and N41 bands showed up. Went from under 20 Mbps to 120 Mbps. Don't mind doing this onec a day. Thanks for letting us know.

I have been using Tmobile home internet for about 3 years. No problems until June 30 right before the 4th of July holidays. i noticed that my internet connection went to excruciating slow to no internet connection at all! i am about had it with Tmobile home internet. I have been calling customer support to help but to no avail. They gave me a replacement “cylinder” antennae (Nokia) but its the same. It is excruciatingly slow in the daytime and very fast at night between 12 midnight to 6 am. My guess is - there are now a lot of Tmobile Home internet customers/users in my remote small neighborhood and is now congesting the internetwork during the daytime when everyone is on the internet. But i cannot afford to have no internet nowadays!, Ring Cameras (doorbell and Spot Cam), 3 FireTV sticks, Lynksis Cams in my Garage, Smart Lights, Smart speakers - all these will be useless without no internet connectivity! I will try what you suggested - moving it to another place - last try this week and see what happens. (i already tried 3 different rooms in my house) Most likely i will be forced to get back in the more expensive generic fiber company here in our small community - UIA company. :-(