Question

tmobile home internet speed issues

• 17 March 2021
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Badge

I was “invited” to try this service because it was now supposedly in my area.  I explained to the T-Mobile “expert” that we do not receive cellular signals at our home thus have to use a cellspot/repeater to convert our Internet service into a 4G signal that let’s us get reliable voice service as wifi calling was really bad.  The “expert” talked me into trying this service because she indicated it used a special frequency of 5ghz service that our phones cannot use.  I’m seeing that this was a complete lie and am now in customer service nightmare back and forth between T-Mobile support and the Home Internet Team support.  Frankly, the support I have received has been unacceptable and I have been bounced around the two support teams trying to return the equipment and get the line added to my account taken off.  T-Mobile should be embarrased by this service.  I’ve returned the equipment but the line is still on my account.  I’ve had enough frustration that I’m considering dropping all of my T-Mobile services and switching to AT&T!  If you are considering this service I would recommend that you re-consider as the service is worse than any of the ISPs I have ever dealt with.

I’ve had this service for ~ 6 weeks and have had very good speeds, averaging around 200 mbps down, 60-70 up. In the last two days it’s been 8-12 down, 3-5 up, and is now unusable. I was planning on recommending this to my neighbors, as we are all forced to use a very expensive cable alternative in my town. I am rethinking this now. If it keeps up like this, I’ll have to fall back to cable. It’s certainly not what they promised me.

Same for me. Hate to go back to xfinity but T-Mobile isn’t delivering what they promised

I live in a more rural area in Ft Myers FL. The only wired internet options currently are Centurylink DSL which is not very good. I decided to give the T mobile Home internet a try. I am unable to get the unlimited so am trying the 150g month plan to start.  I set up the gateway yesterday and have a full 5 bar excellent 5g connection. I only have my work computer and phone connected and I am only getting .5 to 5mb if lucky download speeds. I called the TMO rep and they said this was unacceptable speed but that there  was a ticket for cell tower maintenance going on and they would check back with me in a few days. I really want this to work as I work from home and even if I can just get a consistent 25mb download I would be happy.  This will be temporary until Fiber comes to our area. I will try and repost in a week to see if anything changes.    

Me, i signed up for the service. Its actually the best offer so far in my area. Viasat charges $120 a month for 25mbps but barely get 10 and im stuck with a satellite on top of my house. Verizon charges $65 for 3mbps and I had to ask them if that was an april fools joke. I'm stuck with a 2 year contract with Viasat for $120 a month so im thinking about taping Tmobiles router in the middle of Viasats satellite thats stuck on my roof to see if that works because this internet is frustrating. You know its bad if you can't even stream Netflix without buffer problems😡. I'm in California City, CA and AT&T isnt offered here but if they were, i wouldn't trust them either. They're a bunch of liars about their data as well. 

Badge

I just got this and once or twice I got 50mbps for a minute or two but the rest of the time 1-3mbps download and 15mbps upload.

Cant figure this out and not many settings to change. Been on hold for customer support for an hour yesterday and today and can't get through.. any ideas?

Thank you

When I bought my new T-Mobile service & new phone recently the sales guy talked me right into the T-Mobile Home Internet and he handed me a modem with him knowing that it doesn’t work well at all in our area. It was so slow I couldn’t even stream a simple video and we tried every location in our home and still only got 1-2 bars to show up. I kept it for less than a month but when I cancelled the home internet I still had to ship the modem back by mail instead of just taking the modem back to my local T-Mobile store. It’s pretty bad when our CenturyLink Internet works better than their T-Mobile Home Internet.