Solved

VPN issues, some work related programs won’t load

• 19 January 2024
  • 28 replies

Badge

We had a big snow storms a few days ago and started having VPN connection issues. It was working fine until then. My company uses a IPSEC VPN and allow us to work remotely.  When I’m home I’m unable to use the VPN on my T-Mobile home WiFi connection. When I use other internet connections such as my work mobile Verizon hotspot, I can connect and VPN works. My companies IT support staff have checked my settings and went over my laptop and found no issues. Could you please someone help me to resolve the issues? 
I did rebooted and still didn’t work. Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by kelvs 20 January 2024, 16:40

View original

28 replies

Was having the same problem with iphone hotspot for past couple of months. Finally solved it on my MacBook by turning ipv6 off. Seems like TMobile changed to default to ipv6 and corporate vpn did not like that. I would think there is an equivalent for Windows as well. Hope this helps!

Command in terminal: 

networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

References

I've got the Fast 5688W  for home internet. It's completely unconfigurable except for the SSID and password. I was able to get my VPN working by using a separate router. I thought I might have issues because I can't turn the T-Mobile HotSpot off however so far so good. Jitter might be a little high.... But speeds are good and back to normal.

Can you tell me what the model of the different gateway is? When I asked yesterday if there was another gateway to try, my customer service rep told me there wasn’t.  I hate switching because it’s cheaper than what I had before and faster. However if I can’t work from home when needed that doesn’t help.   
thanks for your comment! 

Hi,

You’re welcome. I was a little hesitant to post because I’m not sure this will work.

The model number is KVD21. And the HW version is R01.

So far so good this morning. But again, since the problem is intermittent, I’ll have to give it some time to see if this really does work.

I have the Arcadyan KVD21. I’ve been having this issue since 4/19/24. I’ve tried the separate network, adjusting MTU, 2.4 gHz, etc. my employer is replacing my laptop but I’ve been using this laptop and T-Mobile with Cisco AnyConnrct for 13 months without issue. 

What should be my next step? I live very rural and my only options are T-Mobile, Verizon, a local place that can’t meet minimum speeds required by employer or satellite like Viasat or DishNetwork.