Question

T-Mobile internet app change device name

• 8 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I'd like to be able to change the device names for my T-Mobile internet. Is there instructions on how to do that so that all the device names are not unknown? I have no idea whose phone is who's and who's laptop is who's. Please help.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I don’t believe there is any way to do it using either the web interface to the 5G Gateway or the Mobile App.    I haven’t found a way.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I too would like to see device names. I think this is software or firmware related. My Apple AirPort Extreme showed device names. My T-Mobile Gateway gives me a clue for 2 of my devices, but only useless Mac addresses for all the others. Oddly, some of the T-Mobile produced Gateway videos show all device names in the devices list. Don’t waste your time connecting T-Mobile support about this. I did that three times and got nowhere.

New service is working well but I cannot determine which device is which in a list of 20+ connected devices. Smart light switches need names, not just IP addresses in the device list. Hope renaming devices is high on T-mobile's list of things to make customers happy.