AudoPay Discontinued with Credit Cards

• 5 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

This decision by T-Mobile to discontinue the AutoPay discount with the credit card payment is ludicrous. I’ve had my identity compromised on two occasions and now T-Mobile wants me to give them either my debit card number or my bank account number. Does that sound reasonable when there’s no protection from security or identity breaches involving these types of payments. IT’S INTERNESTING TO NOTE THAT T-MOBILE HAD AN INSIDE “HACK” IN NOVEMBER 2022. 

I’ve called T-Mobile customer service and been given the company answer. I expressed my displeasure with this decision - all to no avail. Since then, I’ve written to T-Mobile with a detailed explanation of why this decision was onerous on its customers, especially senior citizens who are most vulnerable. That’s been almost 3 weeks and I’ve yet to hear from them other than to get text messages and emails informing me I’ve lost the AutoPay discount for each phone by paying with my credit card.

So, I’ve decided to cancel the AutoPay feature on my plan as well as the “paperless” billing. T-Mobile can sent me a paper bill and I’ll send them a money order. From what I see and understand, it appears I, a T-Mobile customer, will have to seek mobile phone service elsewhere as there are several other mobile services in the marketplace. 

ALL THIS IS SO VERY DISAPPOINTING. UPON ACCEPTING T-MOBILE AS A PROVIDER, I REVIEWED SEVERAL OTHERS AT THE TIME AND WAS SOLD ON TWO SPECIFIC ISSUES: 1) SENIOR PLAN 55+; AND, 2) THE DISCOUNT FOR AUTOPAY WITH MY CREDIT CARD [which the local store insisted upon].

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The inside job was a retail Tmobile manager hacking prepaid employees emails to steel their creditionals to illegally sell unlock codes.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/former-owner-t-mobile-retail-store-eagle-rock-found-guilty-committing-25-million-scheme

Badge

The only problem with the inside job is what is T-Mobile going to do about it regarding each customer’s stolen information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The employee wasn't stealing customer's information just fellow employees work email information.

Badge

I can only speak to what they have done for me since coming over from Sprint and that is nothing.  Unless a court forces them to do the right thing, they will simply ignore anyone with a claim. In 2021, after their gigantic loss of  54 million records I received a text message informing me that my and my wife’s data was stolen. It wasn’t ambiguous, wasn’t a guess or hypothetical, it was very direct and spoke in absolutes. This happened and these are who was affected, I still have the text. I filed a claim and over a year later, I’m told “Sorry, you got nothin comming”. No recourse at all, nothing I could do. I heard and read things and the opposite come to be. 

Since then, after speaking with a CSR on an unrelated matter I was asked if I wanted a watch, that they were”free” all I had to do was pay the tax up front as well as the plans which was like $5 per month per watch. Watches arrived and on my next bill I realized I was being charged for them. I called and raised 15 different kinds of hell with them and eventually was told my money would be returned and that I would receive packaging to send the watches back, neither happened. Fast forward to now, after speaking with multiple CSR’s and “managers” I still have the watches, never got my money back and have cultivated such a deep dislike for this company and their methods.  I would be more than happy to to attach my name to a lawsuit that would eventually see them loose the right to do business in this country.  Like, lie to your customers as part of your corporate culture? No, you can’t do business here anymore, period. But we all know this won’t happen and they know it. 

Badge

Derekde, I agree with your comments wholeheartedly. I’ve had 2 similar unethical issues arise since I started with T-Mobile under 2 years ago. It took an inordinate amount of effort and documentation on my part to prove my point. I even wrote their Customer Service department and finally got a phone call. All in all, that event took almost 3 months to resolve. 

I’m not giving anyone my debit card and/or bank account information, especially due to identity fraud. I’m now maintaining 3 separate identity theft services to protect myself. Why would I give T-Mobile what they’re wanting when they haven’t even explained and provided me with documentation about my identity theft.

I’m looking for other mobile carriers at this very moment. I think I’m done with a company that, in my opinion, operates in a marginally unethical manner. Sad!!!!

Badge

Well, this week, I officially ended my relationship with T-Mobile after extensive efforts to resolve the AutoPay discount issue with my credit card. As I’ve said before, I was “forced” to provide my credit card number in the beginning to qualify for this program. Now that I’m a client, T-Mobile changed the ground rules for my phone service. I talked with the local store, called the customer relations department, and finally wrote them with an exhaustive rationale for my position. ALL TO NO AVAIL. In fact, the corporate response was cold, callous, dismissive, and “cut and paste” from the communications previously received regarding this change.

Well, I “cut that cord” this week and changed carriers. WOW! I saved so much money, it’s almost unbelievable. GOOD BYE TO T-MOBILE. I WILL NOT BE RETURNING.