Auto Pay with credit cards ends

• 17 February 2023
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile is ending Autopay with credit cards starting in May. This is a bad PR move l with all the data breached. Who would with a sound mind link their bank account to autopay?

https://tmo.report/2023/02/t-mobile-is-planning-to-end-autopay-discount-for-these-customers/

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Same thing here. We just got the notice via Text from TMO that they would charge extra now if continued with CC. We have a 2 line deal MAG55+ and where part of that massive data breach not too long ago. The only thing/appology from TMO was not the extra apple tv service or else ( as we where not eligible for those with our contract), but a link to teach me how to protect my Data…haha adding insult to injury … I know how to do that ( just made the mistake to trust TMO with it) . it seems they are in need of a crash course concerning Customer data. As for what now… not sure, rather pay the extra $10 for both lines and perhaps move to Mint Mobile , which i am sure has its drawsbacks too.

Tmobile is in talks to purchase Mint Mobile. Mint Mobile is an MNVO and doesn't get all the roaming agreements that Tmobile has. Also they're depriorized when bandwidth is overloaded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im a bit curious as to how the bank payment option would work or not work. i know through Chase i have a bill pay option in there..wondering if this has some kind of protection guarantee or additional security compared to just adding bank info or a debit card?

im a bit curious as to how the bank payment option would work or not work. i know through Chase i have a bill pay option in there..wondering if this has some kind of protection guarantee or additional security compared to just adding bank info or a debit card?

When you refer to Chase, do you mean their Credit Card Product, or their Bank Account Product? If you do regular banking with Chase, and you are referring to a bill pay option where you initiate the payment (even if scheduled to “Automatically” pay), then this does not qualify for the TMO discount because you initiated the payment. TMO wants to be able to pull from your account, not have it pushed to them. It’s getting riskier by the week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

bank account which would be tied to your debti card.

i have never used it but you cant set up auto pay through it? i would think most would have things set up like gas/electric etc.

see now its getting more interesting..V lets you use a CC card and get the discount but its their own CC card..i was seeing this over on their site all the way back to 2014 (got tired of looking at their threads by that point lol). so is that going to be in TMOs future? their own CC card?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not happy with this move.

K

Not Verizon, they took this away a while ago. Not sure about AT&T.

AT&T allows autopay with credit cards as of 8/30/23

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Not Verizon, they took this away a while ago. Not sure about AT&T.

AT&T allows autopay with credit cards as of 8/30/23

yeah they just changed from $10 per line to $5 per line.

I decided to forfeit the discount because I have been hacked from several large companies.  I feel like putting charges on a credit card is the best defense that I have.

Tmobile is ending Autopay with credit cards starting in May. This is a bad PR move l with all the data breached. Who would with a sound mind link their bank account to autopay?

https://tmo.report/2023/02/t-mobile-is-planning-to-end-autopay-discount-for-these-customers/

I am on a very tight fixed income. Will NOT provide anyone access to my bank account. Loosing the auto pay discount hurts my budget significantly. Just another way to screw Seniors over. I've been with T Mobile forever. (Since mid '90's) Looking into changing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am on a very tight fixed income. Will NOT provide anyone access to my bank account. Loosing the auto pay discount hurts my budget significantly. Just another way to screw Seniors over. I've been with T Mobile forever. (Since mid '90's) Looking into changing.

cool

ATT still allows you to receive a discount for using CC cards..V does not. you must use their own CC card..so looks like you’ll be headed towards ATT or one of their affiliates