Solved

Being charged for phone after returning back to Assurant...

Show first post

60 replies

I am going through the same nightmare.  I switched 2 phones from Sprint to TMobile in April 2020.  I paid off the 700 I owed on my old phones and sent them back using their USPS label. I didn’t find out until August that the phones had not arrived and now want to charge me 1500 for the new TMobile phones.  I have called them non-stop, they checked to see if my old phones are being used but it was determined that they have not been turned on since April.  The two phones must be sitting somewhere but no one can find them.  Problem is they are charging me and will ruin my credit if I don’t pay. Very frustrating!!!

Userlevel 1

This is happening to me now, i am about to contact the attorney general because this is so unfortunate that we are being charged for something that out of our control. this is poor customer relations.

Yes, T-MOBILE seems to have a problem, it also appears ASSURANT and TMOBILE are the same despite different names or possibly Corporations (research ongoing on this). So, when T-MOBILE was sent the phone, in the included Envelope, in MARCH 2019, and they do not tell you until on or about AUG. 10, 2019, they seem to have a real problem. THE MESSAGE I GOT BY EMAIL TODAY (redacted my info):

"

T-Mobile Care <do-not-reply@t-mobile.com>

2:20 PM (9 hours ago)

Go to T-Mobile.com

Oh no! We have looked everywhere but we aren’t able to locate your device (IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) in our warehouse. It is now past the timeframe allotted for the return of the equipment and we are unable to apply any adjustments to the account for the non-return fee.

Request #:
Mobile #:
Form #:

-------------------------end of reply from T-Mobile------------------------
They seemed to take less than 48 hrs. SPEEDY BY T-MOBILE STANDARD -- their "experts" do not seem to even know the ANDROID system, so I doubt anyone actually looked for anything -- it is a SHAM and a computer-generated search at best, A LIE AT WORST
I say that because I asked, a bit back due to 1 BAR in my LIVING ROOM with their 4GLTE CELL SPOT, and they called me back said they "checked it" and that the reasons for my slow speeds is the ALUMINUM SIDING ON MY HOUSE THEY SAID THEY DROVE BY (PHYSICALLY THEY SAID). Sad thing is my House was built in 1890 and has no Aluminum Siding on it (its actually Asbestos shakes). SO THEY BLEW THEIR CREDIBILITY THERE - If they lie about such a thing then, I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM NOW.
they cannot even get the 4G LTE DISTRIBUTED ANTENNAs in my Home town tuned to give good reception of the over $100 month cell service. TMOBILE seems to think they can agree to a CONTRACT to provide cell services and THEN NOT DO IT AND LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS ABOUT IT. Blatant Breach of Contract. Seems like small claims COURT is the best option at this point (as I bought a phone through them, in a CONTRACT, wondering if they like me breaching it and not fixing it like they do -- what is good for the goose is good for the gander ole Gpa would say)!

Comments people?

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same exact problem. I shipped out my defective phone almost 3 months ago and now am being billed $311 because they haven't received it. Why 3 months later? T-mobile says nothing can be done, Assurant says nothing can be done - both pointing fingers at each other. In the meantime, I am stuck with an astronomical bill and no resolution in sight. I have opened a case with the USPS (let's be honest, slim to no chance that will do any good) and have no idea what else to do. I refuse to pay for something that wasnt my fault - $200 for deductible and now $311 for the defective device never being received? If this cannot be resolved, I will be leaving T-Mobile, who by the way, has had the worst service in the Miami area since Hurricane Irma (phones stopped working 2 days before the storm hit!). AT&T and Verizon customers in the area never had as much as a hiccup in their service. T-Mobile is striking out with me, big time.

Having same problem, sent phone in the 27th of june and it arrived in Pa. but left Harrisburg Pa on the 29th then disappeared and no one seems to know what happened to it, telling me I will be charged for the phone since they never got it.  They should of sent it ups like they did the replacement phone but used USPS to do the return. 

Userlevel 1

I had my very first phone break.  I took all the necessary steps to send back my phone.  I put it in my mailbox the morning the mailman was coming to pick it up and had my camera on the mailman showing him take my mail that morning with the phone in it.  I get letters telling me I owe them for a phone at full price.  The company I own builds cell phone towers for T-Mobile and this is how I was treated.  There is no way for the customer to track the package once it has left your hands.  There is no usps first class tracking available for this package.  I was inside the post office with a manager for almost 2 hours trying to find out where the package was.  After spending 2 full days dealing with Assurant they still give me numbers that are not valid tracking numbers.  So I took it a step further and called consumer affairs with the usps and I was told  this ", the number provided is the tracking number I requested to trace your parcel in the USPS system, although, after checking it, the number appears as invalid. It is possible that Assurant generated a bad label. Please contact Assurant to dispute it; USPS is unable to assist further.

Userlevel 1

I had my very first phone break.  I took all the necessary steps to send back my phone.  I put it in my mailbox the morning the mailman was coming to pick it up and had my camera on the mailman showing him take my mail that morning with the phone in it.  I get letters telling me I owe them for a phone at full price.  The company I own builds cell phone towers for T-Mobile and this is how I was treated.  There is no way for the customer to track the package once it has left your hands.  There is no usps first class tracking available for this package.  I was inside the post office with a manager for almost 2 hours trying to find out where the package was.  After spending 2 full days dealing with Assurant they still give me numbers that are not valid tracking numbers.  So I took it a step further and called consumer affairs with the usps and I was told  this ", the number provided is the tracking number I requested to trace your parcel in the USPS system, although, after checking it, the number appears as invalid. It is possible that Assurant generated a bad label. Please contact Assurant to dispute it; USPS is unable to assist further.

Userlevel 1

Pretty funny how I cant add my comments on my experience this week with tmobile and assurant.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Looks like you posted another thread that was very similar to this one. Can you let us know if this was handled? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Do you still have the information regarding the sending and receiving of the unit?  What does your tracking info from the return label show regarding last location scan?