Solved

Being charged for phone after returning back to Assurant...

Show first post

60 replies

it’s looking like we will have to get our lawyer involved, i have never been treated so unfairly, i have a voice mail massage on my phone of the rep. telling me they received my phone and will be removing the charge, and now i speak to someone else and he says no they can not remove the charge, but they have the phone and still wants to charge me, I don't see me or my husband paying for something we do not have. i just pray she can hold them responsible for paying our lawyer fees also 

Person asked my phone to call. She just dialed two numbers and did not say a word. In an hour I found that my phone balance became 1400. Is there something I can do with that? Please help!!!

Userlevel 1

This same thing has happened to my family. We sent the phone with the pre posted envelope they provided and then now I finally hear that they never got it. This makes me so upset they are trying to charge me the whole price of my device that I returned just the exact same way I have always sent it and never had a problem. This is a huge problem! Not cool at all that this is happening to so many people! Not cool at all! I can't believe this to say the least...we have been with tmobile since before they were tmobile and never ever had a problem like this. I really hope they can find it because this is such a head ache and so un fair can't believe this. If this isn't fixed by them my family and our 8 lines will for sure switch up company's for a company who will be more responsible for their mistakes. My next step will be small claims court tho I really don't want to but I also feel that they need to be held responsible. Saving all of these same complaints in my records as well. Might help in the future especially if this goes to court.

Go online and file BBB complaint. They called me the next day and it was resolved. Best of luck. I do believe a class action lawsuit would be good. They are doing this to many people.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I completely agree! Class action 👍 

Not a possibility, unless you opted out of T-Mobile Terms & Conditions within 30 days of first service.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/terms-and-conditions

HOW DO I RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH T-MOBILE?

By accepting these T&Cs, you are agreeing to resolve any dispute with us through binding arbitration or small claims dispute procedures (unless you opt out), and to waive your rights to a jury trial and to participate in any class action suit.

YOU MAY CHOOSE TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN COURT AND NOT BY ARBITRATION IF YOU OPT OUT OF THESE ARBITRATION PROCEDURES WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE EARLIER OF THE DATE YOU PURCHASED A DEVICE FROM US OR THE DATE YOU ACTIVATED A NEW LINE OF SERVICE (the “Opt Out Deadline”).

This nightmare is happening to me. I have auto pay and they took 885.00 dollars out of my account. I have been nonstop calling saying it will be resolved and it never does. I feel robbed and have no rights. I can not miss anymore work over this. I believe this is their plan to wear you down so you give up. This amount has hurt me in so many ways. I just don't even know what to do anymore.

I’m going through the same issue, returned a phone on July 1, 2021 with receipt that it was delivered at the warehouse but T mobile charged me $506 plus the $99 deductible for insurance anyway stating they can’t find it.  I have spent 20 hours on the phone and talked with numerous customer service reps, they always promise to get back to Me or credit my account but it never happens.  None have every followed up with me. T mobile and Assurant are terrible companies and are running a scam and getting away with it.  Spread the word to not use T mobile and not to let them talk you into their insurance.  I was on autopay and disputed the charge and my credit card co agreed with me but T mobile is now threatening  collections.  So frustrating.  

I am going thru this same issue, since July.  I am going to file a complaint with BBB. I think we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit. 

I completely agree! Class action 👍 

This same thing has happened to my family. We sent the phone with the pre posted envelope they provided and then now I finally hear that they never got it. This makes me so upset they are trying to charge me the whole price of my device that I returned just the exact same way I have always sent it and never had a problem. This is a huge problem! Not cool at all that this is happening to so many people! Not cool at all! I can't believe this to say the least...we have been with tmobile since before they were tmobile and never ever had a problem like this. I really hope they can find it because this is such a head ache and so un fair can't believe this. If this isn't fixed by them my family and our 8 lines will for sure switch up company's for a company who will be more responsible for their mistakes. My next step will be small claims court tho I really don't want to but I also feel that they need to be held responsible. Saving all of these same complaints in my records as well. Might help in the future especially if this goes to court.

Userlevel 1

So this post is 4 years old and there are still replies from days ago with dozens of people experiencing the same problem, yet only 1 or 2 have posted their resolutions. I just went through the same thing, so I want to share how my situation was resolved. I don’t want to repeat the same story that we see in all these posts; claim with assurant, receive new phone, ship damaged phone, get non-return fee on bill, contact tmobile/assurant, check tracking number, assurant claims they received an empty envelope. 

After that, I went through multiple calls with assurant and tmobile, they each ran their “investigations” to find the phone, to no avail. Assurant pretty much cornered me stating that they received an empty package and that all I could do was file a claim with USPS.

Though the whole ordeal is so ridiculous, it was only at this point that I decided it was too much; why would i have to waste my time, trying to find a phone that I did my part with and shipped out? So instead of a claim with USPS, I went on the assurant website where they have a form that you can fill out to request information. I filled out my info, my claim number, and I asked for the name, phone number, and other contact info of the person who is in charge of my claim, so that I could properly list them as the defendant in a small claims court case that I would open up. NOT 2 HOURS later I received a phone call from assurant “corporate offices”. This lady said she could help me and that all she needed to do was track down the shipping info and see what the weight of the package was when I shipped it. So I told her I have the receipt and that it shows the weight was 8oz. She asked me to email a copy of the receipt, I did that within a few minutes, and that same night she emailed me back saying that she applied the credit for the non-return fee to my account.

I hope this helps others!!

TL;DR just contact assurant and say that you will sue… they’ll resolve your issue right away. 

Thank god you got it cleared up. I ended up filing a BBB complaint and Assurant called me back the next day. They issued the credit. My next step was to file a claim at small claims court I was even looking at how to open class action suit with all the complaints I was seeing around on the internet. But it has been resolved. Thanks for your reply

So this post is 4 years old and there are still replies from days ago with dozens of people experiencing the same problem, yet only 1 or 2 have posted their resolutions. I just went through the same thing, so I want to share how my situation was resolved. I don’t want to repeat the same story that we see in all these posts; claim with assurant, receive new phone, ship damaged phone, get non-return fee on bill, contact tmobile/assurant, check tracking number, assurant claims they received an empty envelope. 

After that, I went through multiple calls with assurant and tmobile, they each ran their “investigations” to find the phone, to no avail. Assurant pretty much cornered me stating that they received an empty package and that all I could do was file a claim with USPS.

Though the whole ordeal is so ridiculous, it was only at this point that I decided it was too much; why would i have to waste my time, trying to find a phone that I did my part with and shipped out? So instead of a claim with USPS, I went on the assurant website where they have a form that you can fill out to request information. I filled out my info, my claim number, and I asked for the name, phone number, and other contact info of the person who is in charge of my claim, so that I could properly list them as the defendant in a small claims court case that I would open up. NOT 2 HOURS later I received a phone call from assurant “corporate offices”. This lady said she could help me and that all she needed to do was track down the shipping info and see what the weight of the package was when I shipped it. So I told her I have the receipt and that it shows the weight was 8oz. She asked me to email a copy of the receipt, I did that within a few minutes, and that same night she emailed me back saying that she applied the credit for the non-return fee to my account.

I hope this helps others!!

TL;DR just contact assurant and say that you will sue… they’ll resolve your issue right away. 

Userlevel 1

I was told the same thing by Assurant, that the package was delivered but they were unable to locate the device.  I pointed out the insurance policy states the device must be delivered and the tracking info proves it was delivered and I am not responsible for what happens to it after delivery. Assurant lost it or someone at Assurant has taken the device.  Not my problem.  I had a 3 way call going and this was stated and recorded.  

You need to get T mobile on the phone when you speak with Assurant, many of the Assurant customer service reps hung up on me or lied and stated they had no record of my numerous calls. Terrible company and they are recommended by T mobile.  

Yes they are. I had today T-Mobile rep and Assurant on the line. The rep stated the charges are valid and they could not do anything to adjust the charges. I have the USPS tracking info stating it was hand delivered. They are claim package was empty. I have been with T-Mobile for over 10 years and paying the policy for the same amount of time, which they seem to go up every year $18 a month on 5 different devices. The Tmobile rep said he was going to take care of it. To give him 10 days. Let see what happens.

Badge

I was told the same thing by Assurant, that the package was delivered but they were unable to locate the device.  I pointed out the insurance policy states the device must be delivered and the tracking info proves it was delivered and I am not responsible for what happens to it after delivery. Assurant lost it or someone at Assurant has taken the device.  Not my problem.  I had a 3 way call going and this was stated and recorded.  

You need to get T mobile on the phone when you speak with Assurant, many of the Assurant customer service reps hung up on me or lied and stated they had no record of my numerous calls. Terrible company and they are recommended by T mobile.  

Userlevel 1

This is so frustrating. I am going thru the same issue. In July I sent in my broken device to Assurant. I have countless calls them and no resolution.  First they stated they didn’t receive package. USPS tracking info states the delivered. Now they are saying package was empty. Charged me $576, which I refuse to pay. Because I did return the broken device. I am going to fille a BBB complaint. If need be will get a lawyer and to file a class action suit. Apparently this is the normal practice

Badge

I finally resolved the issue by communicating with Tmobile over twitter.  I had to set up a twitter account and contacted T-Force and requested a phone call.   The company no longer responds at the customer care phone number and email and text did not work for me but I had an immediate response using twitter.

It is important to have the tracking information on your device so that you can prove the device was delivered.  I had to set up a 3 way conversation with Assurant and Tmobile and it took hours.  The Assurant rep was very rude and condescending but the outcome was T mobile credited my account within 8 hours. I canceled the insurance and would not recommend using Assurant. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

I’m going through the same issue, returned a phone on July 1, 2021 with receipt that it was delivered at the warehouse but T mobile charged me $506 plus the $99 deductible for insurance anyway stating they can’t find it.  I have spent 20 hours on the phone and talked with numerous customer service reps, they always promise to get back to Me or credit my account but it never happens.  None have every followed up with me. T mobile and Assurant are terrible companies and are running a scam and getting away with it.  Spread the word to not use T mobile and not to let them talk you into their insurance.  I was on autopay and disputed the charge and my credit card co agreed with me but T mobile is now threatening  collections.  So frustrating.  

I am going thru this same issue, since July.  I am going to file a complaint with BBB. I think we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit. 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue. This is sad they are doing this to there customers. 

Userlevel 1

This nightmare is happening to me. I have auto pay and they took 885.00 dollars out of my account. I have been nonstop calling saying it will be resolved and it never does. I feel robbed and have no rights. I can not miss anymore work over this. I believe this is their plan to wear you down so you give up. This amount has hurt me in so many ways. I just don't even know what to do anymore.

I am having the same issue. This is sad they are doing this to there customers. 

Userlevel 1

I finally had this resolved after countless hours.

call (425) 378-4000 corporate office. I spoke to Ohmar and he fixed it in minutes. 
Call after 12pm eastern time.

Badge

Userlevel 1

Same problem here . $600 been charge , warehouse received a "empty box " . Frustrating that T-mobile  not doing anything ...same bla bla bla everytime I call them 

So I take it we are all having the same issue. Returned a damaged phone back in July and am now being charged 500 bucks for my son's phone. The 200 dollar deductible was already paid, so we're talking 700 dollars! I took it to the post office; I know it was mailed. This is ridiculous. Has anyone found a better company? I'd like to know because I'm not paying the 500 bucks, I'll just go elsewhere. If anyone knows of a good phone company, please let me know. 

I know it is very frustrating indeed. I took me several trips to the post office, Several complaints made against the shipping company weather its the USPS, UPS, FED EX. Several calls to TMobil and escalations and me wanting to change providers. I told them that i will not pay the bill and i will dispute this over and over until you figure this out. I kept calling and disputing it like every other day until i met the right reps to listen and take care of the issue. now the bill has been removed and resolved. It took lots of work, complaining and going back and fourth.

I would also like to know how you got this resolved. I don't mind doing the work, but I've tried and have not gotten anywhere. 

I have had similar issues. Been a T-Mobile customer for 15 years and I will be leaving to another carrier after this experience. Received a new phone from them and mailed the old one back with the supplied return label. 3 months later I get a charge on my T-Mobile bill for a non-returned insurance claim phone. I tried contacting Assurant about this and after being on hold 30min, finally got through. They asked several questions to verify my account and identity and when they got to my billing address they said it was wrong. I told them they are wrong. They told me to look at my online account to verify. I did and they still said I was wrong. I then proceeded to attempt sending them a PDF of my bill to verify themselves and they said they can't receive any files; which is a lie, because I sent all my original return documents digitally. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that they were busy and would call me back on Monday. It's been over a week and still no call back. This company is nothing but a scam. I went on reddit and found countless other people who have had the exact same issue with this company. 

Hi 

My iPhone has a low battery and one of the T-Mobile customer service said i am eligible for a warranty exchange with 5 dollars and told me to send the phone in the packet which they send me the new phone. I went to post office and returned my phone. I got an email that they received my phone and successfully finished the exchange and nothing to be done in my part on oct 6. Then next day I got an email saying that they haven't received my phone and charging my account with a fee of 318.75$. When i called the customer service and questioned they said sorry about the inconvenience and they got the phone and its in ware house. Then I got another email saying that my phone has physical damage and it is not covered by the warrant. I called again the customer service and said a research team will look into it. Then i got another email from Handset order research team that damage is not covered under the Limited warranty. Any one knows how to get out from this cheating of T-MOBILE and get back the money. I have been a T-Mobile customer for more than 10years and its really sad and frustrating that I got cheated by them. Any one can help me?

Userlevel 1

I know it is very frustrating indeed. I took me several trips to the post office, Several complaints made against the shipping company weather its the USPS, UPS, FED EX. Several calls to TMobil and escalations and me wanting to change providers. I told them that i will not pay the bill and i will dispute this over and over until you figure this out. I kept calling and disputing it like every other day until i met the right reps to listen and take care of the issue. now the bill has been removed and resolved. It took lots of work, complaining and going back and fourth.

Can you tell me how you did it to dispute the non return fee? Did you do it with your bank or Tmobile?

Userlevel 1