Solved

Forced to enter additional digits after dialing an international call

• 23 August 2017
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

I am seriously considering switching four phone and iPad lines due to the additional digit entry.  T-mobile has a way for customers to block their accounts from making international calls if they choose not to use this feature.  In case T-mobile forgot, I am paying for this service.  I don't want, need, nor asked to have additional fraud prevention added to my phone.  I consistently call the same international numbers and I consistently have to enter the two digits.  This is unsafe while dialing with handsfree in my car.  I either have to pick up my phone, unlock, and enter the code or I have to go through the menus in my car.  Neither are safe while driving.
I asked T-mobile to discount my bill due to the additional time I have to waste every week adding in their new codes and they declined.  I spent about an hour on the phone arguing to have this service taken off my line, which was also declined.  The girl was very rude and transferred me to tech support with no information so I had to reverify my entire account with the second guy.

This is very clearly a T-mobile problem with fraudulent calls but instead of T-mobile handling it themselves, they make their customers problem. 

Userlevel 2

Amanda -

IF user makes calls to many of the same numbers - those numbers are programmed into user's phone as a speed dial.  Having to enter 2 more digits means he/she has to bring up a dial pad.  (Not just click on contact's name.)

We only make a few intl. calls FROM U.S. - and just have phones programmed to route all intl. calls (except Canada/Mexico) via Google Voice.  One cent/min. to many countries.  We have made use of the 20cent/min calling from intl. locations.   (and free calling to U.S. when on wifi).

Userlevel 3

I'd really be bummed to see you leave over this policy. I understand that it takes a few more seconds to make a call and that you don't agree with how it's set-up. Trust me, the feedback has been passed along to be able to remove this feature at the account owner's request.

Well yeah I was pretty much saying that you can request but it's not a guarantee removal. So no hidden secrets here sorry about that.

Userlevel 2

Is yours a business account or a family type account?

Amanda thanks for your reply. I have to be honest and tell you that Tmobile putting this on our account w/out any advance notice and having it activate on all international calls rather than just "some countries" as stated on your FAQ is very annoying, disappointing and frankly unprofessional. I'm considering moving my 6 lines back to AT&T if you want to know the truth.  As stated in my earlier message, I'd completely understand if this were to come on to calls with high fraud issues (like Africa and some parts of Asia), but to the UK and EU? That's just absurd.  Also since the call is originating on a TMO handset that's registered on the TMO network- what kind of fraud is TMO protecting against. Is this an admission by TMO that their network is not secure and that digital handsets can be compromised?  Not good...

Hi- take a look at the reply from the TMO rep above where she says "This is a feature that cannot be disabled at this time but the request for the option has been forwarded.".

What makes you think then that I can call C/S and get it disabled? I did call them and they said the same thing that Amada said above...so if you know any secrets I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

You may request to remove this feature through T-Mobile Customer Care (1-800-937-8997 or 611 from T-Mobile phone). It may take 5-7 days to take effect if approved.

Userlevel 3

Hey there!

Welcome to our Support Community! Having to dial extra digits just to initiate an international call can be frustrating and I'm sorry it's causing distress to users. This is a feature that cannot be disabled at this time but the request for the option has been forwarded.