Question

iPhone 14 Pro Pre-Order Chaos

• 9 September 2022
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Am i the only one that cannot upgrade and pre order the iPhone 14 pro?

seems like t-mobile was completely unprepared for this.

on the apple side it says my number isn’t active, on t-mobile website says to contact t-mobile to upgrade. Chaos.

43 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s the idiocy I am dealing with.

2 weeks ago, I Jumped to a Flip4 from my iPhone 13 Pro Max, to try it out. Battery sucked, so I returned it on Monday to the local store and got my receipt. I woke up at 4:45am PST to make sure I got an early order in because my cousin is getting married next weekend and wanted to be sure I had it by next Friday. after 2 hours and 45 minutes on a call with customer care because the systems were down, the rep finally got in. They then tell me that I can’t jump because I need to return the Flip4. I told them it was already returned and I had the receipt. She then proceeds to tell me to go to the local TMO store (25 minutes away from me) to have them fix it. Seriously? I then call 611 again and am currently talking to another rep who told me they had not received the device. I was like “I returned it on Monday”, look it up, here’s the day/time I returned it. They saw it was returned but they said that they still had not received my iPhone 13 Pro Max back from the Jump. I told them that I returned the Flip4 and that there was no Jump!! They then came back and said let’s see what I can do. They then told me the reason I can’t Jump is because I haven’t returned a Galaxy S9. I was like what?? I had an S9 from 5 years ago on my account for my step son but he took over his own account and I paid the amount of the phone off. I was like you need to fix this NOW. This is not customer care, this is pure hell, and none of it is from anything I did. They need to get their crap together.

Received the apple update notification for my earlier notification. That bombed as well. Now it is saying it cant find my reservation and I have to start all over with expected ship times being all the way up to Oct 15. This is ludicrous!

Userlevel 2
Badge

That was exactly what happened to me. When it was the step of putting it in the cart it crashed. Now it says it cannot find my reservation. 

I just finished a new reservation from the beginning on Apple’s website, delivery dates are October 10 already but pick up is September 17, 1.5h from me. So ill do that.

I was just able to process a preorder through the tmobile website. It’s saying the tmobile ship date is 9/16

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-Mo caught with their pants down. 55 minutes in, and no one can pre-order. You are wasting my time!

first time trying to be the early bird getting a brand new released device? i cant even remember the last time ANY carrier had a issue free device release.. safe to say you are by far not the only person trying to get this phone..this chaos usually starts to smooth out roughly a few days after the first pre order day.

Still unable to do an upgrade through website or in apple store. Pin keeps getting rejected on apple. Tmobile says I have to call and who wants to waste hours on a phone. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I managed to get on the phone with a rep I chatted to early in the process, and was able to complete my pre-order of an iPhone 14, with a trade-in of my 12 mini.

They credited my bill with $50 as an apology, and it looks like everything went through.

One interesting note is that while the initial trade-in value of the 12 mini was listed, I was not able to find details on the 24 monthly bill credits, or the promo part of the offer at all.

I’m not sure if this is something that will show up once they have evaluated the 12 mini after I send it in, but it is interesting that there is nowhere that the full trade-in promo is reflected in any of the documentation I have.

Found the issue. They never told us we had to go into our accounts and set a PIN code and also add all other numbers linked to our account. I lucked out tonight picking up on September 16th at the Apple Store by me luckily. So no October ship date for me.  

I was pretty frustrated. I couldn’t get through on any site/app. Called T-Mobile and they said it was their servers down. But he said he would call me back when they were up. I did eventually get a callback after I had finally managed to get the apple site to recognize my number under T-Mobile, but my order was set for oct 14th. The T-Mobile rep that called me checked and saw that they were still shipping for the 16th so he set me up with an order and I canceled my order from the Apple Store. In the end it worked out for me and I’m happy, but was very frustrated in the moment 

T-Mobile’s iPhone 14 upgrade process is a mess.  Through the Apple Store the $1,000 is only available if I change from Magenta Max 55 to MM.  That would increase my rate $20 per month for 24 months.  In other words the execs at T-Mobile want me to spend $480 to save $400 (the Apple Store trade-in is an instant $600).  At t-mobile.com.  The trade in is $495.  The $505 balance of the $1,000 promotion is paid out as a monthly bill credit over 24 months.  

T-Mobile’s iPhone 14 upgrade process is a mess.  Through the Apple Store the $1,000 is only available if I change from Magenta Max 55 to MM.  That would increase my rate $20 per month for 24 months.  In other words the execs at T-Mobile want me to spend $480 to save $400 (the Apple Store trade-in is an instant $600).  At t-mobile.com.  The trade in is $495.  The $505 balance of the $1,000 promotion is paid out as a monthly bill credit over 24 months.  

T-Mobile is still unable to take orders and I’m wondering if this is now on purpose. The new business  rate plans are finally feature rich and reasonably priced.I have checked out AT&T and they are only offering 36 month financing offers which is far too long. Given how impossible it is to upgrade with T-Mobile, I would leave in seconds if AT&T offered a 24 month finance plan. I’m not that T-Mobile really cares about customers. Being I’ll prepared for the iPhone 14 launch was either pure incompetence or a brilliant strategy to chase less profitable customers to other carriers.  

anyone who did a iphone order yesterday any CC charges yet? last year my card hit on a saturday day after?

Went to preorder my iPhone 14 pro from Apple and I’m on the Magenta Max 55 + plan and it’s telling me to get the full $800 credit I have to change to Magenta Max. Otherwise I’m only going to receive $400. THEN it tells me T-Mobile is requiring a $69 deposit. 

NOW when I go to the T-Mobile site to place order, I get the full 800 on the Magenta Max 55+ plan and they don’t ask for any deposit. 

SO I call Apple and ask them why this is happening since they are having me log into T-Mobile to complete the order and T-Mobile doesn’t require a deposit and they give me the full 800 on the Magenta Max 55+ plan as it is a qualifying Max plan (I called T-Mobile to verify this). Apple tells me it’s a T-Mobile issue and to call them. Told them I already did and repeated that thru the T-Mobile site full 800 on MM 55+ and no deposit. 

All T-Mobile tells me is to order thru them then. I don’t want too because they break down the trade in value over the 24 months which makes my payment lower and T-Mobile just dumps it into your acct in one lump sum. 

what a friggen mess

I had the same issue and they told me I was the first caller. However that 4 hour mess was not the worst of it, 2 days later I got an email saying my orders were canceled. I called and talked to a supervisor and she says they still show active but she couldn’t send me a receipt showing the phones were still ordered. What a mess. I am losing faith with this company. 

I think TMO need me to replace all their software engineers,….this is just absolutely ridiculous. 

I was thinking the same thing..  let's start a small business and contract with them? Joking not joking. 

Am i the only one that cannot upgrade and pre order the iPhone 14 pro?

seems like t-mobile was completely unprepared for this.

on the apple side it says my number isn’t active, on t-mobile website says to contact t-mobile to upgrade. Chaos.

T-Mobile’s website for pre-orders is still down and if you try to order at Apple they say that T-Mobile is not supported and you have to pay full price. What a disaster. 

Same thing, got an email saying my promax order was canceled. Half the chat people say it’s canceled the other half say no it is an error internally your order is still good to go.  Credit card shows my authorization but still no shipping info in my order still shows canceled in my account.

I am sure ATT and Verizon are loving this huge error right now…: probably a lot of carrier switching because of it. All of their systems work, why can’t ours? Ugh. 

You aren’t wrong. I bet a decent amount of people left. I think someone from this thread went to AT&T already.

Ironically enough, I know someone that just switched since they had time to burn. They compared their current TMO plan and what VZ was offering for iPhone trade-in + carrier switch. I’m a bit more patient but I can see this down time being used that way.

Oh yeah, they really need to get things going. Apparently I’m on some call back list now. Just read the tweets to @TMobileHelp. They’re getting a lot of hate right now. It’s sad.

They don’t care if you stay with them or not, I had a rep from the CEO’s office tell me if I can’t be patient from all of their mistakes then I should just cancel my service.