Solved

Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS

• 13 July 2018
  • 55 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

55 replies

I called customer support, they fixed the issue in less than 5 minutes.

When I called I told her that I was not receiving my verification text, and information text from transit and my bank card and she went rite in and told me that it was blocked! And she granted access told me restart phone and it worked

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 8:54:45 AM EDT, mostlyhappy07481 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from mostlyhappy07481 in Account & services - View the full discussion

THIS IS NOT RESOLVED!! And please keep marking it resolved. I am not even sure what DIGITS mean NOR do I really care. All I need is for text messages to make it to my device on  T-Mobile. Companies like Paypal or Amazon are sending me text messages and I receive nothing. Please FIX!! and stop marking these threads closed

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

THIS IS NOT RESOLVED!! And please keep marking it resolved. I am not even sure what DIGITS mean NOR do I really care. All I need is for text messages to make it to my device on  T-Mobile. Companies like Paypal or Amazon are sending me text messages and I receive nothing. Please FIX!! and stop marking these threads closed

Well I called and the lady took care of it rite away for me she said oh yes I see they are being blocked and she changed the option and rite away I was able to receive the codes

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 8:45:39 AM EDT, jlscranton <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from jlscranton in Account & services - View the full discussion

Still no resolution.  Heading back to att.  Someone from T mobile was supposed to call me this morning but that hasn't happened either.  Basically T mobile relies on the pain of switching to keep clients which is a terrible business model.  I'm headed back to Att who ALWAYS resolves my issue, my calls are never dropped and I get all o fly text messages.  And yes, my cost will go up by $50 a month, but it's WORTH it!  This has been a huge headache, I"m locked out of my account for work, my boss is angry at me and T mobile is NOT addressing the problem.  So yeah, I'm pretty mad.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Still no resolution.  Heading back to att.  Someone from T mobile was supposed to call me this morning but that hasn't happened either.  Basically T mobile relies on the pain of switching to keep clients which is a terrible business model.  I'm headed back to Att who ALWAYS resolves my issue, my calls are never dropped and I get all o fly text messages.  And yes, my cost will go up by $50 a month, but it's WORTH it!  This has been a huge headache, I"m locked out of my account for work, my boss is angry at me and T mobile is NOT addressing the problem.  So yeah, I'm pretty mad.

I just spent an hour on the phone, with no solution.  Also, my call dropped several times.  They had no clue how to fix it, so if you are saying this is fixable, why can't anyone fix it?  I had to create a new gmail account to keep testing it, got locked out of that one.  Still no one can fix it.  SO if you KNOW how to fix it, perhaps you should inform the rest of your team

Only way to fix this is to call tmobile and they have a seperate option from you to fix the problem!

And also I do not have any blocking on my account.  This issue is somewhat related to switching ( porting out from a different career). And I do receive short codes from T mobile. I just don't receive short codes from others ( Bank, social network, google maps etc).

I spoke with T mobile 3 times last week. They kept saying that I should be receiving short codes , everything is fine. But NOTHING is fine. How to make u guys understand that this is a serious issue for me too. I am also considering about leaving T mobile.

Userlevel 4

We definitely do not want to lose you @jlscranton​. This is a very fixable problem. 

This is also an issue for me and I just switched yesterday.  I"m shocked at the blasé attitude of T mobile towards their customers.  This is a very serious issue, one that is going to make me leave t mobile.  It's awful.  I have 14 days to decide, but one day in and I hate it.

Userlevel 4

@wildcat098​ & @ahmadmusauofa

For these types of issues, it is usually a blocking feature on the account that our care teams can assist you with removing. If there is no blocking on the account and it is still happening, our folks on the phone will collect examples of the failures and get them up to our engineers to investigate.

Postpaid. We have a shared account with 6 other people. they are not facing this issue. I ported out from Tracfone. Only I am facing this

I too am not receiving verification codes from PayPal, Banks and other credit card organizations!

It seems that I am not the only one having this problem.

The codes I am being sent are numeric and not text.  I am receiving text message from T-Mobile,

friends and some businesses.

Can you HELP!

Wildcat098

Userlevel 4

What type of account do you have? Is it a prepaid or postpaid account? This thread is a bit old but I wanna make sure that you are also not using DIGITS.

I am also facing this problem. T Mobile IT dept keep saying that everything on their side is fine. But it's not. I am not receiving any kind of verification codes from my bank and my gmail and facebook. This is super frustrating and it's really disappointing to see that T mobile is unable to solve this issue for many people. And they are still ignoring it.

Userlevel 4

Please Contact Us when you have a moment so our folks over the phone can check to see if there is some sort of blocking going on.

I've always had problems getting verification texts. The plan i have is (simple choice)

Userlevel 4

@bill21128 Did this just recently start or has it never worked? What kind of plan do you have?

I am also having this problem and is causing the same issues while trying to verify with my bank. Did anyone ever come up with a solution

Userlevel 4

@crelfe​ and @weezie44

Sorry for the delay in responding 😥 For this issue we will need to check your account for a specific blocking feature. Please Contact Us when you have a moment.

Same issue here. Super frustrating!

Was there ever a resolution?   I am having the same issue of not receiving verification or authorization texts from my security company, bank, etc. 

Can someone post directions on what to do?

Userlevel 3

Good morning @elvisjay​! Just wanted to check back and see if you'd had a chance to reach out to one of our internal support teams over the weekend so that we could check the blocking settings on our side. How are things going for you?

Userlevel 4

It may be a blocking setting on our side. Please contact us so our tech care folks can check your account and blocking settings.