Solved

PO Box Invalid as Billing Address

• 19 April 2020
  • 8 replies

I'm trying to buy the new iPhone SE online but I can't complete the purchase because when I try to enter my billing address I get an error that the billing address can't be a PO Box.  Huh?!?!?  My PO Box is my billing address.  It's been my billing address for 10+ years and I've never had a problem.  It's even the billing address on my T-Mobile account.  Of course, sometimes you can't ship to a PO box and that's not a problem as I've provided a shipping address.  But there is no way to complete the transaction without using my PO box because it's my billing address with credit card companies, etc.  This is insane!  It'  Gonna order the phone through Apple where I don't have this issue (and have never expereinced this issue wtih any other company...ever!).

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 22 April 2020, 23:28

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

According to the USPS if the phone is sent FedEx or USPS it can't be delivered to a PO box.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Did you have the box checked for "this is my shipping address" too? That's the only thing I can think of, aside from clearing your internet history. I didn't see any system issues going on, so I'd recommend is contacting one of our Experts for help. They'll want to make sure there's nothing wrong with your account and escalate any issues we can't resolve.

I just saw the same issue.  BILLING ADDRESS CANNOT BE A PO BOX. !!!!  whoever designed their website is a complete idiot.   tmo_ian please read the post before replying a complete non-sense.  This is not about shipping the product to a PO box.  ITS ABOUT BILLING ADDRESS.  You guys are quick to assume the problem is with the user as well.  I had the same problem trying to order on their iPhone App. Get your site and apps fixed!

I run into the same issue.  And if you call them about it they want to charge an extra 20 for doing it on the phone..  I can understand the shipping address not being a po box but why the billing address?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Don’t know what this post is showing, other than us taxpayers paying for your children.

Just spent 11 hours on the phone dealing with this exact same issue. Complete and absolute garbage customer service. T-Mobile can’t verify my address. The address of the home I’ve owned the entire time I’ve been with T-mobile. Yet somehow, a couple months ago they were able to magically deliver an iPhone 14 pro max to that very same address that they can’t verify. 2 months before that they were magically able to deliver an iPhone 13 weird eh? Spent my entire day being run in circles and hung up on. Sent in google earth images, google maps, Apple Maps, photos of official mail from the county with my address, photos of me on the street next to the street signs with my address! and still they couldn’t verify my address. 
 Was finally able reach a competent human who also wasn’t able to verify my address but was able to use the local US post office address and ship my package there, but nooooo he couldn’t use my PO Box that I have at that post office of course that wouldn’t verify either, only the US post office address. So now my package will go to the post office without my PO Box number on it so hopefully someone at the post office that knows who I am will receive the package and put it in my PO Box instead of shipping it back to T-mobile. Neither my home residential address or my PO Box address was able to be verified. Even though T-Mobile has shipped me devices to both of my addresses in the last 4 months. UNBELIEVABLE!!! As soon as the next gen phones come out I’m dumping this garbage company and never coming back. 

Still a problem today. Not with me, but with a company I do some work for.
They are being told that their MAILING address can not be a PO Box.
Of course, T-Mobile’s primary address is
T-Mobile Wireless. PO Box 37380Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380.
but us chattel don’t have that right.

I suspect that T-Mobile MANAGEMENT knows nothing about this issue.
As mentioned above, it likely all traces back to the corporate practice of using 3rd world “developers” instead of actual systems analysts, programmers, and testers.