Question

T-Mobile 5G Home Internet Gateway slow ethernet but fast WiFi

Show first post

29 replies

Badge

I recently installed the grey 5G Home Internet gateway at home. When I first got it three weeks ago, I was seeing speeds of 150+ down, and 50 up on both WiFi and ethernet.

Now I am seeing roughly the same speeds over WiFi, but ethernet speeds have dropped to 10-15 down, sometimes as low as 5. Upload is around 15-20.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Or is the gateway defective? Both ports appear to have the same issue, and WiFi continues to work fine.

Im having same issue but on wifi and ethernet on pc connection only getting 1.5mbs on cpu wired or using wifi.

25mbs on wifi on all other devices.. checked settings signal all good .. at this point be happy with 15 down on pc

Badge

I recently installed the grey 5G Home Internet gateway at home. When I first got it three weeks ago, I was seeing speeds of 150+ down, and 50 up on both WiFi and ethernet.

Now I am seeing roughly the same speeds over WiFi, but ethernet speeds have dropped to 10-15 down, sometimes as low as 5. Upload is around 15-20.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Or is the gateway defective? Both ports appear to have the same issue, and WiFi continues to work fine.

Im having same issue but on wifi and ethernet on pc connection only getting 1.5mbs on cpu wired or using wifi.

25mbs on wifi on all other devices.. checked settings signal all good .. at this point be happy with 15 down on pc

been wondering if my nic card is compatiable with gateway?? just a thought 

Badge

I have and tired calling the support disservice.im going back to att fiber. Never had this problem with them.

I dumped T-Mobile internet and go back to Xfinity.  T-Mobile has not resolved the issue.

1-slow LAN ethernet speed (70-90mbps)

2-VPN kept dropping 

3-The internet disconnected multiple times/day

4-T-Mobile streaming low quality or low resolution (max 720p).   if you stream from mobil device then you won’t notice this.   Otherwise, from 1080p-4K TV,  The pictures is very very blurry.

I suggest that you guys can dump T-Mobile internet (they are not ready yet as ISP)