Question

T-Mobile 5G Home Internet Gateway slow ethernet but fast WiFi

Userlevel 2
Badge

I recently installed the grey 5G Home Internet gateway at home. When I first got it three weeks ago, I was seeing speeds of 150+ down, and 50 up on both WiFi and ethernet.

Now I am seeing roughly the same speeds over WiFi, but ethernet speeds have dropped to 10-15 down, sometimes as low as 5. Upload is around 15-20.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Or is the gateway defective? Both ports appear to have the same issue, and WiFi continues to work fine.

29 replies

Same issues and tech support acted like they’ve never hear the issue before.  Didn’t offer any assistance and said any hardware I connect via an ethernet port they’re not responsible for the speeds. 

Same issue & plus

1- The current modem has been dropping connections so many times during the day.  We have a hard time while connecting/remote to my work place through VPN.

2- The ethernet speed is very slow (60-70mbps)  but wifi is more than 200mbps.

I read these issue from the TMobile forum and they suggested the modem model: G4AR. 

3- Watching youtube on either wifi and ethernet is extremely blurry.  I think Tmobile is limiting the youtube speed on their end.

We called TMobile about the issue and the tech support ask us to pay $55 for the internet service which we have to pay $5 more for our current plans is $50. 

Seems like TMobile is trying to charge the customer more money to get better internet.

The customer service/tech support did not resolved our issue. 

Same issue.

400Mbit on wifi, 2-3Mbit on ethernet. Something broken.

I dumped T-Mobile internet and go back to Xfinity.  T-Mobile has not resolved the issue.

1-slow LAN ethernet speed (70-90mbps)

2-VPN kept dropping 

3-The internet disconnected multiple times/day

4-T-Mobile streaming low quality or low resolution (max 720p).   if you stream from mobil device then you won’t notice this.   Otherwise, from 1080p-4K TV,  The pictures is very very blurry.

I suggest that you guys can dump T-Mobile internet (they are not ready yet as ISP)