Solved

T-mobile never stopped billing me even months after account closed!

• 5 February 2019
  • 41 replies

Show first post

41 replies

hi  @magenta7616177

I am trying to get people together that cancelled line but continue to get charged. I think this is an ongoing practice by tmobile. I just got a collection bill for more than 1200 just for the line I already cancelled 7 months ago (and customer service agree too). I think this is deliberate and I need to get as many people as possible to see where we can go.

This just happened to me... do I need to just pay it or sue them. 

Badge

I thought I was the only one!!! My last phone usage was in September of 2021, I went ahead and paid for October because I had a “free month” elsewhere. I went into store & closed it. Apparently he suspended it not cancelled. I got a notice in Dec. & paid for November (just to have the whole thing behind me). Now I am getting a bill March of 2022 stating $267.10 will be reported to my credit bureau. I have called customer service 3 times over an hour per call, being bounced everywhere. My hands are tied because I don’t have the phone number anymore & so can’t access it. Then I get messages stating system error. I am a disabled veteran dealing with severe panic attacks (also PTSD), sending me into the ER. Please any help is appreciated. PLEASE!

This company sucks. Like many here, I was told my account was cancelled. Next thing I know it’s I’m getting collection calls and emails. I’ve called customer service and been hung up on. 

I left TMobile for Verizon in October. Was paid in full at that point. Paid the bill in November. Then the auto pay charged me in December and January. Why was I charged for 2 months when my service was already with another company.

When you try to communicate on social media cause they have no customer service contact online, they tell me to contact them on Facebook. I’m not gonna get a Facebook account to communicate with a customer service group.

T Mobile is embarrassing. The service is mediocre as hell. I had multiple dropped calls. Terrible internet connection. This was the worst decision of my life. But thanks for the $3 Dunkin’ coupons and free frisbee if I went in to a T-Mobile store on a Tuesday.

Clowns.

Well I got the same situation but much worst since what they amount they owe us is close to $5,000.  On March 2020,   My husband and I closed his account so we can open on under my name since I am first responder and they had a promotion.  We did this a one of the T-Mobile stores.  Few days after that I lost my father and had a very bad depression, almost quit my job.  Our new account was in autopay and also the old one, but since it was closed I didn’t have to worry about anything else.  The people that suffer from depression knows that when it hits you deep you forgot about everything and since my accounts, which I am in charge of dealing with since my husband doesn’t like to deal with any of that, were all in autopay and been paid.  But I guess the account that it was in my husband that we closed, wasn’t closed.  They kept charging me almost 200 dollars every month and just notice about this year.  All this time we thought we were just paying my account.  Well the charges one were to T Mobile and the other one was to T-Mobile.  That is how appears on my bill.  I spoke with someone on the phone, that was very helpful and even thought couldn’t help in fixing the situation, she gave the information I needed to do so.  I also contact t force which also give me the customer relations number.  They finally reach to me and said they only can pay me back for a year because it was our responsibility.  Mind you it was their employee who didn’t close our account right,  I want to know who else I can contact in regards of this issue.  I want all my money,  I am planning to take on social media since I have since that it had work for other problems with companies like this one. This has been very stressful to me in top of dealing with my depression which you don’t heal from.  HELPPPP!!!!!  Sorry in advance for any typos/ misspelled /long sentences.

I didn't realize so many were also having this same issue. I switched my number to Att after having service problems. Had been with TMobile for 5 years and suddenly my phone wasn't picking up bars. I requested to cancel EVERYTHING and I spoke specifically to the person on the phone, who I was transferred to and he (a tech here in the states) confirmed everything was cancelled as I requested. One more billing cycle would come out as I cancelled in the middle, but I was fine with that and was told that would be all I had to pay. In the meantime, I moved from an apartment to a house. I no longer was a customer and my bill had been paid, so I shouldn't have to worry about it, right? Wrong. I get a collections notice at my new address. I called and told them that this wouldn't be possible because I cancelled. I laid out why and they agreed. I had also not received notice of any kind from T-Mobile. Come to find out, they had sent a bill to my apartment address after I had already changed my mailing address with them, which is how the collection agency even had my new address. Talk to someone at T-Mobile, says something about "resolving the issue", but there was not a resolution. Since you're no longer a customer, they won't talk to you. I keep getting notices, it keeps messing with my credit, and I keep disputing on my report. It has been an uphill battle to get this taken care of. I will not pay for this. Sounds like it's done on purpose and I can't for the life of me figure out why. If anyone has dealt with same issue and wants to start a lawsuit, please let me know. I'd like damages to be awarded to those of us who've experienced unfair business practices by this company and take from them.

I have found an attorney. If anyone wants to join in this lawsuit, please reply to message.

I have found an attorney. If anyone wants to join in this lawsuit, please reply to message.

Im having the same issue. 

i’m also being harassed by t-mobile for “overdue” charges. it has now officially went to collections even after fighting with customer service over the phone. they never followed up even though they said they would and the whole conversation was absolutely vague as far as their interest in actually resolving my issue. they’re absolutely robbing us.

I submitted a claim to the BBB and t-mobile responded back 2 days later and cleared the charges. 

DId this happen. Cancelled with them and ported my number now their saying 

I owe almost $500 but apparently cutting a deal for $330 with Frontline Service

Although can't access the account due to the port. 

Same thing happened to me. They kept charging me for 9 months are are refusing to refund me. Put in a dispute on my credit card and they cancelled last 2 months’ payment, now T-Mobile sent it to collection agency, Customer service refuses to do anything. These people are cheats and unfortunately the law is on their side. 

hi  @magenta7616177

I am trying to get people together that cancelled line but continue to get charged. I think this is an ongoing practice by tmobile. I just got a collection bill for more than 1200 just for the line I already cancelled 7 months ago (and customer service agree too). I think this is deliberate and I need to get as many people as possible to see where we can go.

This just happened to me... do I need to just pay it or sue them. 

Are you still doing this? Or case have closed? 

Reading through all these message I am realizing that this is a long time practice of T-mobile. In January, I opened up a personal account and requested for my business account to be closed. I was informed by customer service that the cancelation would be taken care of, but T-mobile has continued to auto charge my business account. I have called numerous times to have this situation dealt with. I even went to the store where I did the transaction to have it addressed, yet nothing. I just got of the phone with a supervisor who states that he can see that I called on January 13th, 2023 to have the account canceled, however the agent I spoke to placed the account on suspension. I kindly informed him that there is no way I would agree to a suspension when I already have another account open with T-mobile with the same exact phone numbers. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm being told the agent I spoke to in January doesn't really work with T-mobile and that they have to request the recording to see what happened before any action can be taken. Its now December and I'm reading that they do not refund chargers that are 12 months or more older. Its been almost a year since I requested a cancelation. They have charged hundreds of dollars and have placed erroneous claims on our credit reports and don't have the decency to take care of it. 

Badge

I have a similar issue. If you are interested in class action please respond.

Same situation here. 
closed my account inside a tmobile store. Paid off last bill in full. Had to pay off the phone as well. Made sure all was paid. 
 The tmobile employee told me “be careful, you may get calls saying you still owe money, but you dont, you have paid off everything. “. 
 6 months later i start getting bill collector calls. 3 a day. Harrasing me. 
 I call tmobile and they tell me they cant review the account because its closed. I would need to tell them my pin?!?! I never had a pin, never used a pin. I was a tmobile customer for 12 years, i think the pin was instituted later. 
 I had to drive to a tmobile store , show id, reset the pin… all so i could call customer service and try to solve the billing mystery. 
 It turns out 6 months after cancelling , porting my phone number over to xfinity , thats when they started charging me monthly again!!!!
 I have documents showing i paid in full. I have my xfinity bills showing this phone number is not on a tmobile account. Still the tmobile customer service insists i iwe them money. 
 After hours and dozens of phone calle, i have submitted a refund report with tmobile. But that never amounted to anything. Scam!!!!!!!!! 

I have a similar issue. If you are interested in class action please respond.

Class action indeed. Are you still pursuing this?