Question

Text is blocked and T-Mobile is saying I was spamming

• 18 October 2022
  • 40 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Please let me know if you are fixing the blocked text message problem. According to the post below, others are having this same problem. I have a ticket open and have been without outgoing texts for 9 days.

40 replies

This just happened to me and I had no idea. When I called T-Mobile they told me thatbi was blocked for 10 days and even if I was to another carrier I would still be blocked. I guess my phone number got blocked! This is absurd! 

This just happened to me.  It's ridiculous.  They can't tell me anything about it and can't talk to anyone to get it removed. 

If there is a lawsuit, sign me up.

I use my texts for business. Yes I send many texts to many different numbers.  With work information for legitimate jobs/events many large jobs with many skilled people and must fi d them in a short period of time. Never send links of any kind in the text just job information and ask them to contact if interested. Most of these people are looking for these texts and answer asap. Never had this happen before with my old LG one. But I switched to top of the line Samsung 23S Ultra and BAM, First time I send this information texts, blocked.  If anyone actually looked at the text, they could tell that it is not spam.  They say they look at what gets blocked. They lie. Many People anymore don't want to do their jobs and don't put in effort to do the job properly.  They say my block should come off on Aug 24th.  The event runs Aug 20-23.  They killed my chances for me finding the people needed for an event that draws over 10,000 people. They lost money for many people.  May decide on a new provider as the supposed tech rep put a ticket in and said that it should be looked at within 72 hours but she will not be in to update me until the 23rd. (The last day of the event). 

I've been a loyal T-M customer for over 15yrs. I don't have social media on my phone, I don't answer phone calls I don't know, I don't mass text anyone and I've recieved a lot of spam. My phone was "spam blocked" by T-M on 9/13/2023 and I had no idea. I responded to an 8 person group text that I wouldn't attend. This set off the "spam blocker." I sent one other text to another friend right after who never received the msg.

I had no idea I was blocked. T-Mobile never let me know. For 2 weeks I'd been sending texts and responding with NO IDEA I was blocked. When I finally suspected, I called T-M and was told NOTHING of why I was blocked. They said it would be lifted by yesterday, 10/4/2023. It wasn't.

I called back this evening 10/5/2023 and after waiting almost an hour to be heard that I have to wait until 10/13/2023 for the "spam blocker" to be removed. 30 DAYS?!?! Other people who wrote here got 10 days. I'm getting 30?! I've had my account reviewed by multiple people on multiple days and I haven't done anything to get "spam blocked."

I asked for assurance this wouldn't happen again, and got no answers. It could happen to any of you. Beware. I'm switching because it's not safe here. 

I've been a loyal T-M customer for over 15yrs. I don't have social media on my phone, I don't answer phone calls I don't know, I don't mass text anyone and I've recieved a lot of spam. My phone was "spam blocked" by T-M on 9/13/2023 and I had no idea. I responded to an 8 person group text that I wouldn't attend. This set off the "spam blocker." I sent one other text to another friend right after who never received the msg.

I had no idea I was blocked. T-Mobile never let me know. For 2 weeks I'd been sending texts and responding with NO IDEA I was blocked. When I finally suspected, I called T-M and was told NOTHING of why I was blocked. They said it would be lifted by yesterday, 10/4/2023. It wasn't.

I called back this evening 10/5/2023 and after waiting almost an hour to be heard that I have to wait until 10/13/2023 for the "spam blocker" to be removed. 30 DAYS?!?! Other people who wrote here got 10 days. I'm getting 30?! I've had my account reviewed by multiple people on multiple days and I haven't done anything to get "spam blocked."

I asked for assurance this wouldn't happen again, and got no answers. It could happen to any of you. Beware. I'm switching because it's not safe here. 

we share the same block and release date! Since nobody has been able to get any answers, maybe we're all getting our numbers spoofed and TM decided on these arbitrary blocks to get scammers to move onto another number. It's the only explanation I can think of, especially when I checked my msg and phone usage on my TM account, their records state I texted and used my phone less in September compared to literally every other month this year.

I don't know, just grasping at straws until I'm (or we're) released from texting prison. Fingers crossed that when Friday rolls around, all the texts we sent to the void don't get suddenly delivered and we get flagged again lol

10 days ban here   did the ban was lifted automatically ? any updates pls

The same thing just happened to me, they gave me a 10-day ban saying my phone is spamming. I don't see how that's possible. I ran many malware detectors and found nothing. They say it's not spoofing but I don't know if they know what they're talking about. Anyone with any advice or help please let me know.

I just realized this morning that people I had texted were not receiving my texts although I was receiving theirs.  

I contacted TMobile Support and was informed that I’m on a 10 day block.   They had no idea why after reviewing my very low texting activity.

I get NO messages from TMobile when I text that  indicates I’m being blocked.  People simply think I’ve been ghosting them when they don’t get any response to their texts.  Three of those texts were relative to scheduling contract presentations and reviews.  Thanks to TMobile, I have probably lost those deals. 

Apparently, according to Support Supervisor, the block is implemented automatically by the system and there is NO way to override it.

I send MAYBE 5 texts a day and belong to 3 text groups with less than 8 others in each group.  Those groups text once or twice a week.

I traced my activity back to Oct 12 which according to Support is the day the block started.  I had one (1) text that day.  I had sent an article link to one (1) person.  The article was on … The Gateway Pundit.

Deja vu.

Something similar has happened to me. T-Mobile advised me to contact FCC as it was them who blocked. I spoke to 2 different agents. They both assured me that this is a T-Mobile issue and they are making false claims. FCC advised all of us to make a complaint against T-Mobile on the FCC portal.

Do you have a link for how to file a complaint. The most outrageous thing is that I send text messages for over a day not realizing no one was getting them. This is reckless and dangerous. Especially since I'm a medical doctor. I did not know people weren't getting the texts.

Do you have a link for how to file a complaint. The most outrageous thing is that I send text messages for over a day not realizing no one was getting them. This is reckless and dangerous. Especially since I'm a medical doctor. I did not know people weren't getting the texts.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

This is where you can file a complaint with the FCC. I suggest everyone that this is happening to file.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Thanks, just did. 

Friends of mine who run a cyber security company looked at my phone today and did some research. They found nothing on my phone. When they researched it on the internet they said they really only found complaints about T-Mobile.  They are suspicious people have figured out a way to duplicate your number and phone addresses within the TMobile system. They used very  technical terms that I don't understand.  T mobile blames my phone and I cannot disprove it, but they have not proven it. They won't have there "engineers" talk to my people. How could the complaints only be with one company or overwhelmingly with one company if it is viruses in phones. 

T-Mobile blocked my outgoing text messages. They never notified me and critical messages that I was sending out were never being received for days until I discovered that my outgoing text messages or blocked. Upon further investigation T-Mobile representatives told me that somebody reported me as spam or their system flagged me as spam. I reviewed the messages sent the day before this began and none of them were spam or should have been identified as Spam or should have been blocked for any reason. So not only is T-Mobile allowing this to happen to their customers without any due diligence to verify the accuracy of their automated approach but they also do so without notifying their customers which leaves their customers to urgent communications that have failed without their knowledge. Apparently this is happening to many T-Mobile customers and T-Mobile is not doing anything to rectify their lack of notifying the customers about this nor are they applying any mechanism to verify if people are being placed on a spam list for just cause. I talked to many colleagues in American airlines and several of them have told me they've experienced this also exactly the way I did. I'm going to be discussing this with several union reps at the airline to see if there's action we could take as a whole to address this issue. I am also looking into discussing this with other attorneys to find out if there's a class action lawsuit that we could set up to have T-Mobile do something about this. Completely unacceptable customer service by T-Mobile to customers that have been with them for decades.

Same thing happened to me. I'm in a group chat with long standing friends where we send funny links or news articles. Nothing obscene or offensive. Was told that was probably the catalyst. No way to protect myself from that happening again. So I can't share links? Can I send 2? 3 Per month? That's an insane intrusion of privacy.  What a complete joke.