Solved

Why are my recurring charges increasing with no explanation?

hi - I have 2 lines under the tmobile 1 plan at $110/month - yet my statement reflects (with no detail / explanation) recurring charges at $232/month.

Please advise / revise.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 6 June 2017, 18:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

EIPs and insurance?

Userlevel 3

Welcome, @magenta1708797​! That's definitely a strange sight to see if you haven't made any recent changes to your account! We're not able to review individual accounts from this user forum, but we'd love to help offer some potential explanation if we can! Are you viewing your .pdf statement? Do you see any offsetting credits? I'm wondering if it's possible that a plan change took place during your last bill cycle -- which might make your recurring charges look high this month, although it ultimately should only impact your balance if you switched to a higher plan after already being billed for your previous plan. If that were the case, this month you'd be billed for the new plan, plus whatever the prorated increase amount was for making the change. Does your balance due match this dollar amount, or is it different -- higher or lower?

- Marissa

Userlevel 3

Happy Saturday!

I just wanted to stop by to see if you were able to get to the bottom of your latest bill. That's quite an increase with no explanation. If for some reason you're still not sure why your bill is so high, take a look at the questions that snn_555 and Marissa asked above and get back to us. We want to make sure this gets handled. 😊

Same thing happened to me. 2 lines on 10 GBs a month. originally we were paying $52.23 a month for our service. then out of nowhere on our 6th month with T-Mobile, It went through the roof to $97.05. When I checked our bill it said Recurring billing was $93.07. Im not even sure.

Userlevel 3

Good morning, @shawnh5 and welcome to our Support Community! That's quite an increase and doesn't seem normal. Have you gotten in touch with Customer Care via 611 or T-Force via Facebook/Twitter yet? If not, we highly recommend you do so to find out why your bill jumped up by over $40. If you have contacted them, were they able to figure out what happened?

Yes the same here. It seems The longer i stay with TMobile the more I have to pay each month. Now 6 months later I'm not sure if I want to keep going its was told to me that I would be saving money using T-Mobile instead of buying the prepaid phone cards. But I believe it is costing me more then what I was spending keeping TMobile

I AM NEW TO TMOBILE . I WAS TOLD MY BILL WOULD BE 90 A MONTH FOR 2 ON MAGENTA. THE WHOLE PLAN WAS TO SAVE MONEY. MY FIRST BILL WAS 2 PAYMENTS OF 55 DOLLARS. THEY SAID MY NEXT BILL WOULD BE 90. NEXT MONTHS BILL WAS 122 DOLLARS BECAUSE THEY CLAIM ONE PHONE WAS PRORATED! HOW I DO NOT KNOW. SO WE WILL SEE IF THE NEXT BILL WILL BE THE 90 DOLLARS PROMISED ON THE MAGENTA PLAN. I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIED TO . I MAY WISH I HAD STAYED WITH STRAIGHT TALK WHERE I HAD CONTROL!

Yes, same happened to me. I made two payments last month of $170. Then I view my bill for the month of august and it’s $320. Yet, looking at my monthly plan that’s on the APP it says $260 soooo where did that extra $100 come from? Tried to look over the bill to see if I had missed something or maybe did something and they’ve charged me for it. But no they just gave me a high bill for some crazy reason. I’d never recommend T mobile to anyone. It’s such an inconvenience to be billed a lot more then you agreed on or just unaware of it. People have other bills to pay and may struggle getting that extra they’ve added. When I was with sprint for three lines I was paying $190. Now I’m paying double. Smh!! If I didn’t already signed yo pay this phone off I’d went back to where I got my phone. 

Ever since T-Mobile got their internet rolled out, everything has started to go crazy with the billing! I've tried to return multiple devices and they're charging me over $600 on my bill and expect me to make a payment plan! My bill is not always the smallest but it is definitely not supposed to be more than 300 a month tops and that's with three lines and two phones that I'm paying for because one of them got lost at UPS and now I have to continue paying for it! Literally had to eat the phone that I traded in for my upgrade. I have two payments left so it would be silly for me to even bother to fight it, but I'm at a point where my bill is so irregular and their system overriding everything that you talk to the people about on T-Mobile 611.. It's like you never have the conversation sometimes! The thing that kills me is if you combine the amount of time I've been with T-Mobile. Overall, it's been about 17 years. For the past 7 I've been with T-Mobile again.. I had switched out, tried different providers. Came back to T-Mobile because it was always consistent! Now I have found that they bit off more. They can chew with the Sprint purchase and ever since then my billing has completely sucked like horrible. Like I don't even want to stay with the company anymore. I'm at that point! 

I have one line 130 , but my bill is 380 . I’ve called and asked why? No one can give an explanation. I’ve not changed my service since 2019 . I’m a single mom how am I supposed to pay for service that works have the time ?? Yet charge me for the buffering???

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is your complaint the service or the bill? is the $380 your actual bill per month or was a bunch of stuff added on like overseas calls etc? collect calls billed to your TMO account?