Solved

Android 12 Update for oneplus 7t Pro 5G McLaren

Show first post

112 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might be the case. im not even seeing it listed anymore. any word from your usual OP chats? usually you’ll see some kind of info leaks here and there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

might be the case. im not even seeing it listed anymore. any word from your usual OP chats? usually you’ll see some kind of info leaks here and there.

Nothing!  These issues pretty much existed on most other models until Android 12.1.  Considering OnePlus jist created an Android 12.0 build and called that a wrap.  I am thinking that is it for the device.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

agreed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

When i touch more than 3 fingers, touch is unresponsive.... Even touch is not working in flat surface... Typing experience is very bad when i do fast typing... In fast typing it's automatic swap keyboard... T-Mobile should very hard work to remove such kind of bugs in update.. otherwise final solution i have to sell out this device and switch to the pixel mobiles... I'm wonder that OnePlus official rom have much bugs in their devices... Not expect this to OnePlus and TMobile carrier....

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the TMO variants are not the only ones that had issues with 12.. same answer again though..OP must fix said bugs..or figure out what the heck theyre going to do with it (upgrade it to 13 or stick it with 12 and try to fix the current issues)..

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok kindly get information about 12 release.... It's depend on TMobile.. have you any idea of releasing date??? If not then kindly ask tmo and provide information to us.. thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what answer were you given before that was marked as the answer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Wait a minute…

I was right? You set an arbitrary deadline, and halfway through you’re already saying it’s not coming??? I’m like, washing my eyes out right now making sure I’m seeing this...

@syaoran admits defeat! 

“I am thinking that is it for the device.”

@tidbits I think this means you legally have to donate to charity this christmas, or you’re a scrouge. I, checked with my attorney, or something… 

Wanted to note the original problem with links again, here is the OnePlus 8T+ Scheduled to get Android 13, redirecting from the Android 12 link.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-8t-plus-update-to-android-12

Now here is the link for the same thing as it related to the “Hotdogg” variant of the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition. Notice the link is the same, but the redirect is to the Galaxy Fold4

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-7t-pro-update-to-android-12

Now, this is the “Hotdogg” variant, and the only source of truth, since this variant is a T-Mobile exclusive, I wanted the correct page when I checked out from T-Mobile after buying the device.

Unfortunately, since many members of this community have received phones for free by T-Mobile, it was easier to defend the choice of not updating the phone. The issue is, ultimately, that T-Mobile was responsible, and even when drawing a line in the sand and saying the accountability begins here, it’s clear that @HeavenM ‘s prediction will not yield true, and the update will not arrive. At the risk of being a humbug, that stinks.

I have been vocal about this since removing the update page was likely a “canary in a coalmine” getting snuffed from someone on your team who wants better for customers. The more that time passes, that feeling rings true. The more time passes we see deadlines get set and crossed. Not that I’m needing an apology, I’m obviously insufferable, but the customers you let down definitely do deserve an apology. Given the device specs, it is completely reasonable to assume the customer would get 2 full OS Upgrades before the device was EoL by the vendor. Top shelf processor and 12gb of RAM but somehow my Surface Duo with 4GB of ram gets updates every single month. Your average customer has no recourse, so I am annoying because I bet those people are annoyed when they figure this all out.

Please, if you cannot reliably provide information about the update, inform your customers honestly. If the upgrade can’t be performed, please say so! Not being able to perform the upgrade is a possible outcome of the development phase, and that honesty would be appreciated given the current situation as comparison.

Last coal in the stocking for you is the formal page for updates does not list the OnePlus 7T 5G

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

That means if you’d like the most up-to-date information from T-Mobile, which is listed above, then there is no information currently available. Regardless of forum members feelings about that, it’s the user experience, and should be addressed. There used to be some information available, it was taken away, and now it’s clear why.

I’ve applied for a support position with T-Mobile but have yet to hear back. I am always focused on the customer and ready to provide support, especially with holiday cheer, if the team is hiring. Happy Holidays!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I didn't find any pure answer yet about update... I think it is like a story, summary or essay.... 

Userlevel 2

I called t-mo tech support (611) yesterday, and was told that,  “the manufacturer is still working on it.”

That sounds good to me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

They told you any expected date???

Userlevel 2

They did not tell me a date. If anyone tells me a date I will post it.

Userlevel 2

It’s not quite so bad as we may think--Samsung A02 only just now got Android 12, and it was released in 2021.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Then contact them again and ask them expected date

Userlevel 2

That’s a good idea. I am however content to wait, believing that it is being developed, and also believing that they can’t tell me a date.

If you don’t want to wait, you can contact them.

Userlevel 3
Badge

That’s a good idea. I am however content to wait, believing that it is being developed, and also believing that they can’t tell me a date.

From pakistan i tried many times, but can't make a call to them otherwise i ask myself expected date

Userlevel 2

From pakistan i tried many times, but can't make a call to them otherwise i ask myself expected date

Oh, that’s too bad.

I’m sure it will be announced when it is released.

Season’s Greetings.

Userlevel 2
Badge

How long did it take to complete android 12 version for OnePlus 7t pro 5G?

The phone was stellar when I got it but it got worse after the last update/security patch. WiFi calls didn't work anymore couldn't hear incoming voice and if I did it was only other line speaks then I speak or I couldn't hear them at all if we both talked or someone interrupted. I finally went to the store and told them what was going on and they were gonna "check for updates" totally laughed and said good luck. I suggested maybe another sim card since that's the only other option that the update could have screwed with. Lo and behold it worked but then the T-Mobile person says "this isn't a 5g phone so you can't get 5g" 😑 what's the point of the T-Mobile 5g chip then🤷‍♀️ I wasn't gonna argue. There was a post on this lack of update but it was scrubbed by T-Mobile rather underhand of them but it's big corporate. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 2
Badge

When i touch more than 3 fingers, touch is unresponsive.... Even touch is not working in flat surface... Typing experience is very bad when i do fast typing... In fast typing it's automatic swap keyboard... T-Mobile should very hard work to remove such kind of bugs in update.. otherwise final solution i have to sell out this device and switch to the pixel mobiles... I'm wonder that OnePlus official rom have much bugs in their devices... Not expect this to OnePlus and TMobile carrier....

Be wary of pixel phones I've had to fight for my 5x, Nexus 6p, and pixel 2 XL. What they'll do is send you a refurb and not tell you it's not bootloader unlocked (unlockable) which you paid for (and right to repair). Then play hardball or they'll just not recognize that they sell them with hardware and software defects and then class action 🕴️. I stopped buying their phones. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I didn't find any pure answer yet about update... I think it is like a story, summary or essay.... 

That's because there is no "pure" answer on this update just impure corporate failure to provide an implied and stated update to a product. One plus had released an update for all the other 7s/international and laters but the McLaren because TMobile has to "make tweaks" for their chip and network compatibility. 

IT'S JANUARY FIRST 2023 Y'ALL, WHERE IS THIS UPDATE THO🤔 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any news for Android 12???

We’re all just hoping and praying…, some of us patiently.

At 3 years old, this is still such an amazing and beautiful phone--I’d love to get more life out of it with the new OEM OS.

Even now, I still like to remove the transparent cover and gander at that stunning design.

Photos are still great, etc.

The photos are alright. There was a camera app on lineage I think. It had mostly Samsung and iphone like features it was bomb but it was only for a Nexus 6p😅 point is if there's a custom rom that will give me good battery life, bomb photos, and smooth os, and encryption as well as 5g I'm totally going for it cause waiting on this update is for the birds right now. 😤

Userlevel 3
Badge

That's because there is no "pure" answer on this update just impure corporate failure to provide an implied and stated update to a product. One plus had released an update for all the other 7s/international and laters but the McLaren because TMobile has to "make tweaks" for their chip and network compatibility. 

IT'S JANUARY FIRST 2023 Y'ALL, WHERE IS THIS UPDATE THO🤔 

Yes you are right... It's T-Mobile negligencey and have bad experience of T-Mobile... 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Excuse me but did @maan.mani get a worse experience because they are Pakistani?

Why does @pbergonzi get to just tell this user, after multiple times you've explicitly told this customer to keep waiting and waiting... Deadline after deadline for MONTHS... To ultimately tell them: "oh well, it'll come when it comes, seasons greetings" when we have been desperate to convey the update isn't coming, and you're hiding and manipulating customers to believe it's still in development! 

In my opinion you should not discriminate and Dismiss @maan.mani and their device issues like the touch issue. They have a four month post history and they keep getting swept aside. It's time to be honest and tell the user the update isn't coming. That most recent reply was really insulting because it felt like they told you they are from Pakistan out of a means to explain how much they could use another user's help, to be told "oh well". I bet that must really hurt.

I want to tell you, @maan.mani  that unless 3rd party development allows for your bootloader to be unlocked and there is a ROM made for your OnePlus 7t pro 5G Mclaren   (codename "Hotdogg" with two G's)  you will not receive any more updates and may even experience degradation as @TCBelly experienced. I wish there was more help sooner but until T-mobile takes responsibility in development more than active censorship, the update will not arrive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

None of you seem to know how easy it is to convert the device via the MSM Tool to the Global/NA version or even the EU, In, or China builds.

OnePlus allows bootloader unlocks officially as long as your device is permanently SIM unlocked.  You need to request the bootloader unlock token directly through OnePlus Support.  No custom ROM's needed!

All Nexus and Pixel devices allow bootloader unlocking as long as the device isn't SIM locked. 

I haven't seen any sort of censorship here.  If you break the rules, expect to be moderated!  The same rules apply to everyone that posts in the T-Mobile Community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Unlocking a bootloader and flashing a ROM is not easy, because if it was, you would've described how. It's so risky that you actually might not be allowed to describe how on this fourm. Therefore, this is the appearance of advice, but in actuality, you wrote a bunch of words. This is not a solution to the phone not being updated. Any ROM would need to be designed for the "Hotdogg" Variant or you'd lose 5G. This is what @TCBelly is running into. Besides, if T-mobile kept their promise, updating wouldn't require a user to delete all data on the device like flashing a ROM does. This is why we need T-mobile to pick up the ball on the update.

Thanks!