Solved

Galaxy Watch LTE duplicate messages

As the title says I am getting duplicate messages to my galaxy watch. When im connected to bluetooth everything works fine, texts sync properly when read on one device. However whenever i disconnect from my phone and switch to LTE i get every text ever all pver again. Literally 1000's. You would think the solution would be to leave lte on all the time? Wrong. When i leave lte on all the time then my watch and phone dont sync! If i read the text on my watch it wont update ththe phone anand vice versa. The point of the watch is to be able for the phone and watch to sync AND to leave your phone behind. Ive read dozens of users experienceing the same problem whats the fix tmoble? Ps this isnt an issue with the apple watch lte

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 4 December 2018, 23:58

View original

157 replies

Got you, fair enough.

What you are describing, happens to me often when I switch to a different phone, with the same simcard. if I do the steps I mentioned, in hopes it would have maybe, solved yours, It has always corrected mine.

does your phone have 2 sim slots? switch it, could magically help.

Have you tried a different phone? use it for a bit, even if its crappy and see if it recreates the problem. ??

No, only 1 SIM slot.  I tried it with an old phone and I had the same issue.  I’m starting to wonder if it has something to do with it being tied to a business account.  I had to call in to get the line for the watch setup because the app would not let me auto provision it.  

Hi everyone.

I am having the same issue and I tried all troubleshooting as posted here. I believe T-Mobile should seriously start digging into this problem.

Got you, fair enough.

What you are describing, happens to me often when I switch to a different phone, with the same simcard. if I do the steps I mentioned, in hopes it would have maybe, solved yours, It has always corrected mine.

does your phone have 2 sim slots? switch it, could magically help.

Have you tried a different phone? use it for a bit, even if its crappy and see if it recreates the problem. ??

No, only 1 SIM slot.  I tried it with an old phone and I had the same issue.  I’m starting to wonder if it has something to do with it being tied to a business account.  I had to call in to get the line for the watch setup because the app would not let me auto provision it.  

Hi everyone.

I am having the same issue and I tried all troubleshooting as posted here. I believe T-Mobile should seriously start digging into this problem.

Start tweeting at them, the CEO, Samsung, etc.  They’ve been working on my issue for going on a month now.  They keep telling me I need to replace the watch, which I’m sure is another default answer when you can’t figure it out.  Not sue how the watch can create duplicate text messages!!

this watch is trash!!! I have the brand new Samsung galaxy 3 watch and every time it disconnects from phone I get flooded with duplicate messages. This is as of OCT 2020. It happened so much I havent even had the watxh for 11 days it drained the battery so much it doesn't charge right. It constantly drains my watch as I disconnect often.......the iwatch did not.do this....... i love my saumg phone amd.switchwd after 14 years with apple products. However the watch is complete trash and useless to meike this. I couldn't even do one hike and every time I picked up signal it would resend the same messages over and over and drained my battery after only 6 hours of.use... total trash 🗑 😒 

@dupsla and @magenta6238774 , thank you both! I sent a PM your way which should be in your inbox. I also agree about the latest update which is something I'll include in feedback because I do think @magenta6898941 has a great point.

I am having the same issue and it's 2 years later! I'd there a solution?

Jio tower details here.

Jio Tower Documents Require

Jio Tower Customer Care

Jio Tower Installation Contact Number

We are, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is the only telecom company in India that allows you to install towers on your property. As we know, Reliance is one of the well-known telecom companies in the world. If you have any vacant land or space on your house rooftop then you can apply for Jio Tower this year. We have a few documentation processes and simple Jio tower installation steps, if you have any questions or help then you can contact us anytime.

We have also started to receive the Jio tower complaint file. If you want to know more important details then you read the jio tower blogs and get important information.

Well I just joined and started to research. NOTE

The original post was from four years ago.

From what I gathered from  support chat I have my choice of the watches (2) being standalone or Bluetooth connected to phones.

One is for my wife who is comfortable with tech (but not thrilled with this situation) 

The other is for someone not techy but in need of an emergency communication device.

I went down this road a few years back with a 3g watch that couldn't make it through a day on battery. I would have hoped for better with Samsung and T-mobile.

If anyone has a solution or best solution please respond, T-mobile chat didn't seem to be aware of an issue. Says they can, from there end change the watches to linked or stand alone.