Question

Just got the tmobile android 12 update on my Oneplus 9pro global version and its causing issues

Show first post

35 replies

Thanks for sharing with us. I was looking for something similar and fond it from here. Thanks guys

Hi there, would you be able to elaborate or provide a reliable link for this:

Use the MSM Tool for your device to roll it back.  This isn’t an easy process but excellent walk-throughs can be found on the XDA-Developers forums for this.  Once you roll back, which will completely wipe your device, so back it up if you value anything on it.  Enable Developer Options and turn off Automatically Install System Updates.  You will still get the annoying prompt for the update, which you can force close the system update app to get rid of until you reboot your device.  

Also, did the roll back completely resolve the issues you were having?  Right now my biggest issues are:

• the silent / vibrate slider no longer works - the notification that it is working comes up but when the phone rings it is always out loud.
  • the direct dial and direct message shortcuts are gone and I am not finding a way to re-create them
  • calls disconnect as soon as I answer (sometimes two or three times in a row)
  • my WiFi seems super slow
Badge

Personally, I would update and if it isn't to your liking, downgrade by using your Global MSM Toolkit. These kits take you back to Android 11.

Here is a link to everything you need (including instructions). Just be sure to use the Global MSM and not the Indian/T-Mo/or EU version(s). Hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PbVwsUqW8Zh1sJLgl4Uf-YMkzvr8PJt8

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can we downgrade if we accept the Android 13 upgrade?  I suspect that Android 13 will destroy my ability to use the native call recording which is why I have kept with OnePlus devices in the first place.  It will likely kill the fooview app I use so often for screenshot screen recording of a section of the screen and stitching screenshots and editing as well which I utilize daily

It is possible to rollback.  OnePlus, now OPPO, has not restricted the ability to roll back.  Personally, I would say use the links.over on XDA with their walk through.  If.you have any questions about the process or need any help.  Someone usually responds pretty quickly over there.  MSM will completely wipe your device so make sure you back up everything you want to keep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Rolling back solved all of my issues.  It's a pain and it sucks, but my device works normally again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

They to to the best of their ability with 5-6 people per model.  Each team is responsible for all regional and carrier variants as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Maybe I’ll try the factory reset first after I backup first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Maybe I’ll try the factory reset first after I backup first.

Some have mentioned a factory reset has solved some minor issues, like Instagram and Facebook apps crashing.  That's about all I have seen a factory reset fix from the 100+ page of complaints on the OnePlus official forums.

Badge

Just a little update once the phone fully charger to 100% it stayed at 100% and then died after 4hrs. I plugged it and warp charging no longer works. Then it asked me to enable dynamic updates which i was hoping might fix some of the bugs. Instead it soft bricked my phone and only let me boot into fast boot. Not even the recovery menu worked anymore. I had to go learn how to put my phone into edl and was able to flash back android 11 woot!  Also turning off auto updates helps but i  would also recommend using adb and sending the command: adb shell pm disable-user com.oneplus.opbackup

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Personally, using dynamic updates is a bad idea.  It just fragments the OS even more with the potential for way more issues.  Why is your bootloader unlocked?  You really should relock it and leave it locked.  If you used TWRP to convert it, then you should have done it the right way, using the MSM Tool method.  Most users running Android 12 have factory reset their device to eliminate a lot of issues.  This is always recommended with a major OS version update.