Solved

voicemail message suddenly in spanish

• 11 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

All of our phones voicemail default message etc are suddenly in Spanish (iPhone and android ).  Google says to go to my account/ voicemail to change it, but the my account menu has nothing about voicemail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 13 June 2023, 17:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You're going to need to call Tmobile to fix this.

https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9/change-voicemail-from-spanish-to-english-1784

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The ability to change the language is built into the automated system when you call the voicemail (Dial 123 from your phone). You want to pause between each selection to allow the system time to enter that menu option. If you have issues with these selections, then you may need to call care, but most of the time a few selections in the menu will get that all fixed up. 

When you call the system, press 4, that'll bring you to Mailbox Options.

Then, press 4 again and that'll take you to Playback Options.

Lastly, you'll press 7 to change the language to English.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HeavenM there has been posts that the tree you provided doesn't work and requires a call to Tmobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I did see that there was some issues in the previous thread that you linked. I apologize for sharing the steps again before testing myself. I know that the option for changing the language is built into the automated system, so I walked through the voicemail this time to make sure I got the right steps. 

When you call 123 it will immediately take you to your voicemail box.

Press * to get to the main menu.

Then select 4 to get to playback options.

Finally, select option 7 to change to English

This worked perfectly!!! Thank you @HeavenM!!! 🙏

Updated instructions:

Dial 123 from your phone to access voicemail

Press * for main menu

Then press 4 for playback options

Then press 7 to change back to English. 😊

You can then change your greeting back to how you had it.