Solved

How to escalate a complaint

• 13 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I received a text from T-mobile.  They said I could buy 2 I phones get $700 off one, and receive a free line.   I called T-mobile, they checked my account and said yes you definitely qualify. I then went into a chat session and asked again and they again said yes I qualify(I have the print out)  So I went into the Store, I again, in front of 2 other live witnesses , asked them to check and see that this promotion was available to my plan before purchasing the 2 I phones. Again, they called spoke to another manager and yes they said all was good.   So we purchased the I phones, received the new sim card for the new line and everything was fine.  Until I got my bill, T-mobile was charging me $10 for the new line plus the other fees( fees which I already knew I would have to pay. I am not opposing those fees.  )   

So I chatted with T-Mobile, the rep agreed (I have it from the chat printout) I should not be charged, he took the fee off and said that all was good. 

Low and behold next month the $10 charge was again on my bill. I again called up another rep Christopher.  He said yes I see the problem.  He again removed the $10 charge and said that it was taken care of……Nope, next month the same thing I talked to another girl Crystal, she again agreed that I had did everything correct and there was just a delay in the billing. She took the $10 fee off and  she begged me and I mean begged me to say that the problem was solved.  I refused and told her until I see that the charge is not on my monthly statement I would not say the problem was resolved. She reluctantly said ok. 

Guess what the next month the $10 charge was their again!!!!! So I went into the T-Mobile store and at first they said they would take care of it then they started saying no this was only for some other promotion???? What??? I confirmed several times, printed from chats and if I wasn’t eligible why would they all have said I was and agreed to take off the charges??? 

So the manager at the store, Said he agreed and would look into it.  I sent him all the chats, the copy of the texts, everything.  This guy tells me later that the girl that he was working with to get it resolved was let go and there was nothing he could do??? WHAT?  Was there only one individual in the company that could take care of this????

To me this is clearly a bait and switch scheme that T-Mobile is trying to pull off. Much like their “oh if we merge with Sprint we will create jobs”  but now we know that T-Mobile is laying off 5000 employees.

So I need to know how to escalate this and if anyone else out there experienced something similar so I can present it to the attorney general and the fcc.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 13 September 2023, 19:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this will start you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.

Hi,

Please use for this communication. My Q.com account is inactive!

I would like to escalate my concern to a higher level of customer relation service since i am getting no solutions by calling customer care. I spent almost 10 hrs in the past two weeks with customer care on the phone, trying to solve a scam issue, for which, i believe it was an illegal act performed by a T-Mobile representative. I WAS SOLD WITH A PRODUCT THAT DOES NOT EVEN EXISTING!!

I wanted to get my mother a new phone as her old phone was broken. On Thanksgiving day, i talked to a T-Mobile representative on the phone to check out my options. The representative told me that in order to get discounted phone, i had to switch plans. He sold me a plan called “T-Mobile Essential”. The representative told me that T-Mobile Essential will cost me the same as my old plan each month, without adding any additional line(s). There will NOT be any increasing on the plan costs. By switching to T-Mobile Essential, I will be able to get the IPhone 15 Pro at $1,000 discount without trading my old phone. Then, at the end of the conversation, the representative also asked me if he could find me a FREE IPhone 13 for my mom, would i consider turning in my old Iphone-12 for an additional $220. With the above information given to me, I agreed to switch the plan to T-Mobile Essential. However, it turned out that they switched me to the T-Mobile 5G plan, which is costing me additional $30 more each month. I called to address this concern, i was told that whatever the representative told me does not exist!, I will have to pay $30 more each month or they will take away all the discount from the IPhone-15. In addition to this, the IPhone-15 is not discounted at $1,000 because the $1,000 included that $220 trade-in value. I requested customer care to listen to the recording of the conversation and help me to resolve the scam from there. No one care! No one calls me back as promise!!! As of today (01.04.2024), i am still being charged for $150 per month for the 5G plan plus the installment for the IPhone-13 (which supposed to be FREE). 

This is very disappointed after spending 24 years with T-Mobile. I trusted that T-Mobile would do the right thing to further investigate the issue but NO ONE seems to care and wanting to help!!!!

I have my case all written up, getting ready to report this scam to the “Bureau of Consumer Protection” so others can hear the fraudulent business practices. 

My friend suggested me to drop a message at the T-Mobile Community one last time to see if the issue can get escalate further. If not, then my next action will be escalated this to the Bureau of Consumer Protection.  

TL

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Please usefor this communication. My Q.com account is inactive!

I would like to escalate my concern to a higher level of customer relation service since i am getting no solutions by calling customer care. I spent almost 10 hrs in the past two weeks with customer care on the phone, trying to solve a scam issue, for which, i believe it was an illegal act performed by a T-Mobile representative. I WAS SOLD WITH A PRODUCT THAT DOES NOT EVEN EXISTING!!

I wanted to get my mother a new phone as her old phone was broken. On Thanksgiving day, i talked to a T-Mobile representative on the phone to check out my options. The representative told me that in order to get discounted phone, i had to switch plans. He sold me a plan called “T-Mobile Essential”. The representative told me that T-Mobile Essential will cost me the same as my old plan each month, without adding any additional line(s). There will NOT be any increasing on the plan costs. By switching to T-Mobile Essential, I will be able to get the IPhone 15 Pro at $1,000 discount without trading my old phone. Then, at the end of the conversation, the representative also asked me if he could find me a FREE IPhone 13 for my mom, would i consider turning in my old Iphone-12 for an additional $220. With the above information given to me, I agreed to switch the plan to T-Mobile Essential. However, it turned out that they switched me to the T-Mobile 5G plan, which is costing me additional $30 more each month. I called to address this concern, i was told that whatever the representative told me does not exist!, I will have to pay $30 more each month or they will take away all the discount from the IPhone-15. In addition to this, the IPhone-15 is not discounted at $1,000 because the $1,000 included that $220 trade-in value. I requested customer care to listen to the recording of the conversation and help me to resolve the scam from there. No one care! No one calls me back as promise!!! As of today (01.04.2024), i am still being charged for $150 per month for the 5G plan plus the installment for the IPhone-13 (which supposed to be FREE). 

This is very disappointed after spending 24 years with T-Mobile. I trusted that T-Mobile would do the right thing to further investigate the issue but NO ONE seems to care and wanting to help!!!!

I have my case all written up, getting ready to report this scam to the “Bureau of Consumer Protection” so others can hear the fraudulent business practices. 

My friend suggested me to drop a message at the T-Mobile Community one last time to see if the issue can get escalate further. If not, then my next action will be escalated this to the Bureau of Consumer Protection.  

TL

cool...you can escelate it by doing what is marked in as the answer in here..out of curiosity though..why would TMO be at fault for your MyQ account being inactive?

Also for what its worth..if you are meaning you are unable to connect your MyQ whatever it is to your TMO net then there are steps needed in order to do this..which wouldnt be in the Billing forum..oddly enough it would be in the area dedicated to such things as home net/business net..

https://community.t-mobile.com/gateways-and-devices-37

https://community.t-mobile.com/troubleshooting-38

This complaint was dropped in the wrong area. I will redirect it - thanks!

I had similar worst experience with T mobile 

I would give zero stars if possible. Customer with att for 20 years switching to T-Mobile was worst mistake ever. Sales lady over phone gave broken promises. Porting numbers in over the phone was an absolute joke. The incompetency of these employees is ridiculous. Was made to go into store twice where the in store people despise the tele sales. Made to go back to store a 2nd time the lady on phone told me they needed to send some verification pin to the lady in the store. The lady in the store had no idea what they were talking about.  Horrible customer service since they're not on same page. They screwed up importing my numbers put my number to my brothers cell phone. Spent 6 hours with no phone and another 2 and half hours trying to port in the same numbers for my tablet and watch. Was supposed to import old numbers for tablet and watch to receive rebates and they screwed that up as well. Was conned into buying new phone because they didn't check if my phone was unlocked yet before they ported it.. All I received was $50 off on my first bill. I spent 2 hours getting bounced back and forth from the rebate team to customer care where literally nobody will let you speak with a supervisor. I'm sure all these rebates will never come in either after reading all these reviews and I'll be spending countless more hours not getting anywhere  I need to inquire about filing a dispute and dropping them asap. BEWARE DO NOT SWITCH FROM ATT! These are scam artists. WORST purchasing experience of my entire life. 

This is WHOLE FULL FLEDGE FRAUD SYSTEM, I'm not the only one. Woah! 

Same issues with me. They are charging me 33 every month for the Phone I PAID OFF WITH 1400. and every month I'm paying 33 additional for that. No one is able to resolve it. 

Thought I was taking advantage of T-Mobile's s24 on us upgrade promotion but instead they are charging me full price for the phones. I returned the old phones for full credit as per the store and they show receipt of them but they have not given me one penny in credit for the old phones. They also forced me to upgrade my plan in order to take advantage of this wonderful promotion.

They keep promising me that they will have it fixed and give me all my overpayment credits back but after months they have not given me one dime back nor have they fixed the monthly bill but have increased it each month.

Seems like a giant scam

Write to your State Attorney General and include a copy of all of the details. When the Attorney General writes to T-Mobile they will CC you on the correspondence and ask T-Mobile to respond and CC you with their response.