Question

OnePlus 8-5G Wifi Calling has no sound

• 12 October 2020
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Going back through these posts… I had an LG G7 (Android 9?), LG Velvet (Android 10), Samsung A32 (Android 10), LG One Plus 8 (Android 10 → 11), and Samsung S21 (note: A32 was ‘freebie’ for spare line), Velvet and OnePlus 8 were exchanged due to various issues through T-Mobile. 

I haven’t had issues with WiFi calling on these, although I can’t say that I’ve used it much on Velvet/OP8 or Samsung.  I used it quite a bit on G7.  I’ll have a good chance to use it soon, as T-Mobile’s coverage is not quite usable in Cambria, CA, and may have to resort to it if I don’t want to have to walk a mile to make a call.

This has to be a T-Mobile issue.  I have a Motorola Razr 2020 and this just began happening to me a few days ago.  When I place or receive a call, I cannot hear the other party but they can hear me.  I can disconnect from WiFI while in the call and I can immediately hear the other party.

Very frustrating

Same, wifi calling not working on Oneplus8t+. Anyone with any update on resolving wifi-calling issue?

I just started having the same problem about 3 days ago. Has there been any progress on this issue?

This is just ridiculous at this point. I work below ground and need wifi calling as my place of work has no TMobile coverage downstairs. One plus 8 5G, EVERYBODY is muted on ALL wifi calls until I turn off wifi calling.

This is my first and last phone with t mobile.

My family has been experiencing this as well, across OnePlus and Samsung devices. I just found this link on a Reddit thread and many users have reported it correcting this issue for them. It involves opening firewall ports up at your router. The article is filed under “WiFi calling on a corporate network” so how would we find it, right? Wi-Fi Calling on a corporate network | T-Mobile Support

Summary of the article:

Firewalls

IPv4 Address Block: 208.54.0.0/16:
PORT / PROTOCOL / DESCRIPTION
Port: 500 / UDP    / IPsec - IKE : Authentication [WFC 2.0]
Port: 4500 / UDP / IPsec - NAT traversal : Encrypted voice traffic [WFC  2.0]
Port: 5061 / TCP + UDP / SIP/TLS : Encrypted SIP [WFC 1.0]

IPv4 Address Block: 66.94.0.0/19:
PORT / PROTOCOL / DESCRIPTION
Port: 443 / TCP    / HTTPS : Used for handset authentication [WFC 1.0]
Port: 993 / TCP    / IMAP/SSL : Visual Voicemail [WFC 1.0]

Also whitelist the CRL server for DIGITS OTT and WFC 1.0: crl.t-mobile.com 206.29.177.36

I was having the same problem and got it to work by setting ‘Calling preference’ to ‘Cellular preferred’ (the option is in the same place an ‘Enable Wi-Fi Calling on my OnePlus Nord N20).

My guess is ‘Cellular preferred’ has the phone connect using cellular, then switches to the network.  So not much help if you don’t have cell service, but it helps me as my cellular is just weak, but good enough to connect.

Same, wifi calling not working on Oneplus8t+. Anyone with any update on resolving wifi-calling issue?

There was a previous response that ended up working for me: https://community.t-mobile.com/network-coverage-5/oneplus-8-5g-wifi-calling-has-no-sound-32868?postid=131724#post131724

The key for me was to turn off “Carrier video calling”.

In the Settings app, either search for “Carrier video calling” or navigate “Network & Internet” > “SIMs” > “Carrier video calling”.

I restarted my phone just to be sure, called someone and could hear them on the other end.

This problem has been bugging me for years on my Pixel 5.