Solved

Oneplus 8 Android 13 upgrade poor 5g signal

Badge

I have a Oneplus 8 and had Android 13 upgrade recently.  I noticed my 5g signal would get the exclamation mark after a while.  Even if it doesn’t get the exclamation mark, the data speed is extremely poor, worse than 2g and non-responsive.  I forced to use 4g LTE since the upgrade so I can have a decent data speed.  Does anyone have similar situation after they upgraded their phone to Android 13?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 10 May 2023, 19:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

havent noticed anyone posting about it..but if they do more than likely they’ll post in this forum

https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The OnePlus 8 is EoL.  You will probably get Android 13 eventually but honestly, hope for a jump to Android 13.1 as the last update.  Anything is better than Android 12 though, including remaining or rolling back to Android 11.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theyre already on 13. they noticed the data issues after 13 loaded onto their phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ahhh.  That’s what I get for glancing at the post.  If they already have Android 13.  With the device being EoL, it probably isn’t going to get an update to fix that, if it’s a bug.  A network reset might be worth trying.  To do that properly, give support a call at 611 and have them perform a network reset on their end while you do the same on your device.  If your SIM is very old, more than 3 years.  You might want to consider replacing that as well to see if that helps.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im reading it right 13.1 Beta is out right now in IN only.

also didnt notice any mention of data issues after 13 with any posters over at the OP forums. so this might be a fluke/this device only deal. might have to buckle up and perform a dreaded FR and see if that resolves it or not..the update might have loaded in but some of the info might not have dumped from the old info or it might have gotten garbled up a bit during the download. a FR will usually resolve that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

if im reading it right 13.1 Beta is out right now in IN only.

Yeah, for the 8T.  I am.not sure if it will make it.to the 8.  The 8T isn't EoL until this fall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have a feeling it’ll get the fixes..13.1....eventually...but 14 i doubt will happen.

i keep seeing a green or pink line down the screen reports over at OP for the 8T after 13

actually this so far is the only mention of data issues with a OP8 but they didnt mention WHICH 8 it is..and only one person mentioning running into this.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1326793450099572740

heck the poster can also try a network reset to see if that resolves anything..as a reminder this will delete any saved passwords for things like WIFI and such...i would start with this before performing the FR.

Badge

Thank you guys for the reply.  I haven’t done the network reset nor factory reset, I was hoping not to do that.  From the link https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1326793450099572740 it looks like it didn’t help.  I’ve tried to reset Access point names and set the 5g network mode to either NSA mode or NSA + SA mode but neither of them worked. I took it to the local T-Mobile store and they couldn’t fix it but they wanted me to buy a new phone lol.  I haven’t tried to upgrade to a new SIM card, I bought the SIM card when I bought my phone so it is over 3 years old.

Badge

After reading the link from OnePlus community, it looks like the person has issue connecting to the Wifi using OnePlus8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

i have a feeling it’ll get the fixes..13.1....eventually...but 14 i doubt will happen.

i keep seeing a green or pink line down the screen reports over at OP for the 8T after 13

actually this so far is the only mention of data issues with a OP8 but they didnt mention WHICH 8 it is..and only one person mentioning running into this.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1326793450099572740

heck the poster can also try a network reset to see if that resolves anything..as a reminder this will delete any saved passwords for things like WIFI and such...i would start with this before performing the FR.

As far as I know.  That is only caused from one of two reasons.  Updating when the device is rooted or improperly flashing backwards to a previous Android version.