Solved

Phone call sounds garbled and robotic

• 14 December 2017
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

There are no metal roofs or buildings, the problem exits in my back yard, front yard, driveway, near my house and in the house, except when I have WiFi connected to my phone. WiFi does not reach outside the house. I am paying T mob every month for a very poor reception. I pay separately for my internet (WiFi access. My neighborhood is low income, but wealthy enough to have cellphones. We are in Saint Paul, the capital of MN. I am guessing the problem is too many people on too few cell towers.

I tried this I have a iphoine 13 and I disconnected my bluetooth while at home . I called my friend right away after I had a bad connection and he said I sounded way better and no longer was the call choppy. I did notice that the issues I had were at home while I am working remotely . Outside i would have no issues. So this made alot of sense and it worked . thank you for sharing with us 

I am having this issue constantly! I thought it was my AirPods and replaced those twice.  Then I thought it was my phone, so replaced that with the newest IPhone 15 max.  Now it is worse! It’s definitely the service!  Please help!! T mobile needs to fix this because it seems to be a major issue for everyone and has been going on for years.  I use my phone on Bluetooth with AirPods for work and can’t not use them.  Turning off Bluetooth should not be the solution.   

Someone already mentioned the possible solution that worked for me. Even though this thread is old it may be still useful. Turn airplane mode off and on. Did it for me...no more strange choppiness.

Badge

Verizon

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i cant say that i have had this pop up for me..calls are always crystal clear for me unless im in a area that is lacking signal..only time i’ll see an issue but i already know i’ll more than likely have an issue there anyways.

I just had this happen to me and I thought my husband was playing with a voice changer! He said he heard my voice slow down like a monster growl when I answered the phone and I heard his speed up like a chipmunk little girl’s voice. The only thing I can suspect is government eavesdropping?

I had a similar problem on my OnePlus 5 and it seem to happen on the receiving a call side through the ear speaker. I’m running the latest version of LineageOS, and turning the speaker phone on and off seemed to fix the problem for me, at least temporarily, Give it a try.