t mobile now

Show first post

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If dialing 611 / rep hasn’t been able to fix service for you, then I’d suggest ‘before’ you cancel/drop (esp if you have a device that isn’t fully paid for), go to the BBB (bbb.org) and file a complaint.  If you’re going to drop/switch, they may get you out of your payments.

Sprint sucked even worse and now T-Mobile sucks worse

Very disappointed. I was with Sprint and my service worked fine at home, inside my home.  Now, I have no service at home.  I was able to go outside and make a call up until this month, but that has now become an issue.  My neighbor has Verizon and his works flawlessly in my home.  I’ve been waiting months patiently for this to be resolved, but appears it will not.  Time to move on soon.  66067 iPhone 12’s

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you now running the new R15 sim card in your phone or are you still running the same one from Sprint?

T-Mobile has updated the SIM card several times.  It was worse reception the first time, so we went back and they put Sprint SIM cards back in all our phones.  Then after some time that changed and wasn’t working hardly, so we went back and they put T-Mobile SIM cards in and seems to degrade by the month.  We were able to make a call at the west window, now we can’t make a solid call outside.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting. im also from the Sprint side and many of the reception holes i had with Sprint are now covered by the TMO side.

We tried T-Mobile roughly 10 years ago and took the phones back because the service didn’t work at home.  Sprint always worked in my area until the merger.  Our Sprint/T-Mobile store employee said we’re not the only ones having problems.  They said hopefully they’ll have it figured out by the end of the year.  They have no problem collecting the bill every month.  About like my Doctor, they still charge even if they can’t figure it out.  Maybe that should change to motivate results!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im actually wondering if they shut down certain Sprint towers if they are close to a TMO tower already and basically overlapping each other to much...would make a bit of sense in many of your areas if you were a S customer before the merge..actually might make a bit of sense if you are a TMO customer and they did the reverse with it and kept the Sprint tower instead of the TMO tower..

cant exactly prove this but it would make sense with what many of you are seeing..well aside from the addition of millions of additional customers out the gate after the merger.

You likely hit the nail on the head there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I can say that any of the former Sprint native sites that weren't fringe or that T-Mobile wants to keep are pretty much not accessible, or I get booted after about 5 seconds.  Ive tested this white B41 and B26.  B26 is an easy test, as T-Mobile doesn't use it. .

If you've migrated, unless its a Sprint Keep site, you probably won't connect.

I live near Dayton Ohio. I've been a customer for over 6 years. I have the s21 ultra and before that I had the one+ 6t. Anywhere I normally go I have full bars of 5g service. The issue is I have speeds of 1 bar of 2g. I used to brag about how tmobile was such a steal. Now if you try and use your phone during the day it's impossible. It just loads until the site times out. They have way more customers than what their towers can handle. 

I don’t think I’ll renew service with T-mobile.

I have been using t-mobile for 19 years and they have recently treated me like nothing but trash. I used to have t-mobiles home internet for 2 years for $25, but now they charge me $37 including tax.  Everytime I try to call them to ask them about it, they always say they will fix it or they have fixed it and they also send me a confirmation, but nothing is ever changed.  I don’t trust t-mobile anymore. I would either go with at&t or verizion considering that at least they are honest with their long time loyal customers.  Everytime I call t-mobile customer service it always goes to the Phillipines, and it is almost like they have a “script” of telling you each time that, “no worry, we will help you”. I haven’t received any help. Sometimes I don’t understand what they’re saying.  All I can say is instead of fixing the problem, they make it worse.  I even have to pay $350 for the EIP to switch to another cellular provider, but I will gladly do that instead of staying with T-Mobile and taking a headache from them.