t mobile now

Show first post

62 replies

So much going for T Mobile but service has gone down the tubes the last couple years and now it is completely worthless and unusable. Everywhere I go I get full strength LTE with zero service. Have to reboot the phone constantly.

I called many many times for support over two years with nothing actually done. They say engineering says it is a known problem. Zero follow up. Problem persist with towers alarming for many reasons, FOR YEARS.

T Mobile is one of the worst managed companies in the world. Network and device configurations are complete garbage. No employee and no engineer at T Mobile is empowered to actually fix or solve any problem. Managers all the way up to the CEO and Board must be shopping for yatchs. This company cannot do wireless provider 101. What are they doing as a company? Why do they exist? All of management should be fired.

When we went to Switzerland it was great to have free data included. I was in the top of mountains or riding in a highspeed train over 200 MPH through tunnels and on mobile hotspot working remote desktop to a machine in the USA and I had zero drops, jitter free. The key here is T-mobile didn’t provide this service they just paid the peering bill with the European company.

Here in the USA in a city of 2 or 3 million and full strength radio signal, I get NO service. My brand new iPhone will be offline, not receiving texts or calls and I have no idea. I drive 1 mile, have to reboot phone, even in places and times of low traffic.

Going to Verizon (ATT was pretty bad and poor value) is the only company actually providing service. Going to share an account with family so price will be cheaper than T - Mobile.

Good riddance, T-Mobile. You suck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so for the time being switch your phone to 4G LTE instead of 5G and see if your speeds improve..

My coverage wasn't bad in Canton, OH. That is as long as I wasn't in a building(including my house!). I just moved to Hubert, NC and it barely works at all now. I guess thinking TMobile might get better after the Sprint merger is kinda like thinking Sears would improve from merging with Kmart!

They should be called T-maybe. Cause that's all the more guarantee you'll get that your service will work ..

TMO doesnt get to just up and hit a switch and the Sprint towers can now push TMO signals..they have to change out all the equipment etc..meaning each Sprint tower they must now convert..gonna take a bit of time to do this...seeing as how it took a couple years to convert Sprints towers to LTE im going to go out on a limb and say its going to take roughly the same amount of time to do it yet again across the nation..

So then TMO doesn’t get to talk about how great the 5G is when their current customers can’t even access it themselves. T-mobile doesn't get to advertise that “We have merged” like it’s the same thing. A Sprint customer’s experience is different than a T-mobile experience. They don’t work the same. I hate the fact that no one That works for the company wants to acknowledge that there is a problem. Every single time a new training comes out there just fed some BS without acknowledging “hey we’re having an issue with the merger.”. The merger brought about problems for both employees and customers in different ways and in some ways alike. Tmobile employees are kept in the dark and told “TnX EvEry CuStOmEr BeCaUsE iT’s BeInG tRaCkEd”. I’ve never had such disdain for a company as I do now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I live near Dayton Ohio. I've been a customer for over 6 years. I have the s21 ultra and before that I had the one+ 6t. Anywhere I normally go I have full bars of 5g service. The issue is I have speeds of 1 bar of 2g. I used to brag about how tmobile was such a steal. Now if you try and use your phone during the day it's impossible. It just loads until the site times out. They have way more customers than what their towers can handle. 

If you have a S21 (or any Samsung), disable n71 5g.  You'll probably pick up n41,  and your performance issues will go away

Badge

Being part of the forced move from Sprint, seeing this thread, experiencing the drop in coverage quality, and having experienced my own recent nightmare “conversations” with their outsourced “support” suggests it is time to move on…their telesales tries to augment their lack of ability to listen and understand by lying…

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Coverage and issues vary by location.  T-mobile doesn't treat all areas and markets the same, especially rural.    I still think that T-mobile is quite a bit behind in rural coverage in general, and certain urban markets.

We’ve had Tmobile for over 15 years and all of a sudden their service is slow and drops constantly. Ever since they merged with sprint it’s been frustrating. I used to tell everyone to get Tmobile. Now I don’t even know if we will stay. 15 YEARS!! Fix this Tmobile!  

I finally gave up.  It’s been since November of 2020, networks speeds have dropped precipitously.  I have been with TMO since 2012, and LTE turned on just after I joined.  We had 40-80mbps at home and most places consistently. It was great, we were happy.

Fast forward to this year, and with LTE we barely get 1mbps.  Many times, can’t even get a page to load or a speed test to run.  Have had to turn off LTE to get data working.  Messaging has been spotty.  Calls have been reverting to 3G since VOLTE hasn’t been working.  I lost count of the number of trouble tickets filed.  Nothing has been fixed. 

This week was the last straw.  Power went out in the middle of a teams meeting at home (where we always got 40mbps+ before on LTE).  Couldn’t even load a webpage on LTE, even with full signal.  Had to go outside to get 3G reception to hop back on the call.

I’ll try back in a year once merger issues have been cleared up.  I really wanted to stay with TMO, but Verizon offered us a year for free and an LTE network that wasn’t oversubscribed.

I have been a TMobile customer for some time now. I think I am officially done with their unsatisfactory customer support and ridiculously overpriced bills and hidden charges. They have became an absolute joke. I though I may have been alone in my opinion until I did my first 20 seconds of reading any of their reviews. My patience and my wallet have been worn very thin. Literally any other service support has to be better. 

Honestly, I’ve had T-Mobile for 7 years. And just this year, I will have zero bars, or it’ll say I have bars but when I shut off my phone 10-15 text messages come in, voicemails, missed calls. I use my phone primarily for work but I keep getting dropped calls, no service, and no help whatsoever. I thought it was my device so I upgraded, it’s just even worst. This started happening to us earlier this year. T-Mobile has become trash and honestly I’m looking for a better cell company. One that has actual working towers where I live. 

I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and now have NO service anywhere in my local area. They had better scramble to get this working for all of us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile is oversold in my market (Central California). Off peak speed is ok but speed tests during peak hours show a connection whose speed is completely unusable. Can’t get the phone to do what I need it to do half the time. 

There’s a reason their service is cheaper. I guess you really do get what you pay for as I have more connectivity issues with TMO in week than I did in 15 years with AT&T. 4 months left on my iPhone 11 installment plan and then I am running back to AT&T and taking all 5 lines with me. 

Parts of the central valley were awful for performance in the past. Some areas Buttonwillow) had a site, but performance was 2g like speed.  Couldn't even stream audio.  I suspect that, like Cambria,  they didn't upgrade their backhaul since 2g/3g days.

I was with Virgin Mobile for 16 years, Sprint towers, no complaints. After the merger with T mobile we were transferred to Boost. No trouble till Dish took over couple months later. We had to get the T mobile sim cards then all went reasonably ok. I started to get nervous last summer because tmo wanted to pull out of Boost and then we'd be left with only Dish. So we transferred over to T mobile. What a mistake! First, big data breach about a week after we signed up with Tmo, not a good start. Now internet service is completely hit or miss. When it's good it's 80mps, then all of a sudden it's 0mps! I've wasted so much time on phone calls with no resolution, I've given up, which is what they want you to do. We're in suburban Chicago so no excuse. Heck, we were on t mobile towers with Boost and it was much more reliable. I go to areas where Virgin and Boost worked fine and now it's no signal at all. It makes no sense that at home there will be a super fast data connection then 30 minutes later nothing. And it's on both phones so not a phone issue. I am so mad that we switched from Boost.

I have only been with T-Mobile for less than a week and T-mobile sucks. I will terminate any service or no service with T-noble no matter how much I need to pay to get out of it.

You win T-Mobile!! It this is how America is prepared to compete with China and other countries in high tech area, Good luck. I was thinking High Tech companies are not all about money or business. They should assume the responsibility to lead the world in the right future. I was naïve. T-Mobile can’t even do their business well they only care about your money. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

We had Sprint for years with reliable service in our home.  Now after they merged into T-Mobile, we almost never have signal within a 1 mile radius of our home.  We shouldn’t have to pay them for this crap.  My business is suffering and I am aggravated.

Was a Sprint customer from 1999 to present & in the entire time with Sprint I never had half the issues that I have constantly with Tmobile... my 1st real cell phone was a prepaid Trac Phone (in like 98 or something) & that was more reliable 

We’ve been on T-Mobile (55+ plan) for 8 years and happy until recently, like everyone else on this thread.  Tech support has been useless and I’m on the brink of leaving.

We’re on 4G LTE phones (iPhone 8) and wondering if upgrading to 5G phones would solve our problems, because T-Mobile gets top scores on the respected OpenSignal Oct 2021 report on 5G in the USA.  Most folks complaining on this thread don’t say if they are on 5G or not.

Should I upgrade to 5G phones or just leave T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which device did you migrate over? or did you upgrade into a new phone after the merger?

I was forced to switch from sprint to T-Mobile and my signal SUCKS! Had to upgrade my perfectly good phones and now I can’t make a call half the time from the middle of town. I wish I would have went with another company but when a company (Sprint) that you were a faithful customer with tells you this is a good decision you tend to believe them. I will be going to a T-mobile office soon to get out of my contract and takin them to small claims if they don’t let me out. T-Mobile sucks! Don’t do it!

I️ agree. T mobile was already subpar before but now its just trash. I️ can’t even send a simple text in the comfort of my own home!! Its not like im in a bad area either. This sucks and eventually when I️ find the time and money im going to switch to at&t or Verizon because I️ can’t do this shit anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We’ve been on T-Mobile (55+ plan) for 8 years and happy until recently, like everyone else on this thread.  Tech support has been useless and I’m on the brink of leaving.

We’re on 4G LTE phones (iPhone 8) and wondering if upgrading to 5G phones would solve our problems, because T-Mobile gets top scores on the respected OpenSignal Oct 2021 report on 5G in the USA.  Most folks complaining on this thread don’t say if they are on 5G or not.

Should I upgrade to 5G phones or just leave T-Mobile?

each area may vary..personally i dont have the fastest of 5G in my area but its a solid connection always (tower issues happen as it does for every carrier at times). a lot will also depend on how they set up the 5G in your area..there are some differences when it comes to rural area 5G though..which is pretty much what i have in my area.. as of 7:15AM so not a whole lot of people out and about just yet (college town) my download is 159Mbps with a 24.9Mbps upload. when the mass majority of the town is up and moving i might drop to 50-80ish Mbps down..still quite usable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My coverage wasn't bad in Canton, OH. That is as long as I wasn't in a building(including my house!). I just moved to Hubert, NC and it barely works at all now. I guess thinking TMobile might get better after the Sprint merger is kinda like thinking Sears would improve from merging with Kmart!

They should be called T-maybe. Cause that's all the more guarantee you'll get that your service will work ..

TMO doesnt get to just up and hit a switch and the Sprint towers can now push TMO signals..they have to change out all the equipment etc..meaning each Sprint tower they must now convert..gonna take a bit of time to do this...seeing as how it took a couple years to convert Sprints towers to LTE im going to go out on a limb and say its going to take roughly the same amount of time to do it yet again across the nation..

Badge

I was a Sprint customer and had excellent service for 10 years.  A couple of weeks ago I got a message that I was now fully t-mobile and since that time, service has gotten bad.  From 4-5 bars to 1-2.  Data is very iffy.  Often times I can’t get emails or texts.  I don’t know what they did, but it looks like they took the best of T Mobile and the best of Sprint and screwed it up for everybody.

Seems like there's issues across the board, but I will chime in anyway. I habe the same problems, the phone will show  5G but not work worth a damn. First they tried to tell me it was my phone (at this point my S21 Ultra was a month old), then they sent us new SIM cards (honestly no change). They also told us to disable the 5G and use 4G (worked about as well as you would expect). The company refuses to take any action to make things right with customers, and blames the Sprint merger for their poor service. I am unsure why I should be paying them for a service that I do not receive, and they run circles when you bring up discounted service. I had the same speeds when I was overseas using the throttled 2G that is provided in the military plan. I am highly contemplating switching providers. 

Since my last post service has gotten much worse. At this point I’m lucky if I can even make a call. Most of my communication is now via text messages since phone calls are near impossible to make/receive most of the time. It really sucks considering that I’m not only paying for this miserable “service (can you even call it that???)” but I’m also an og customer going back to the ‘90’s. T-Mobile gets an F grade as far as I’m concerned. It’s only a matter of time till I jump ship for another company. At this point, just being able to make a phone call and not have it drop would be a luxury from a provider.