Solved

Anyone else had FTP problems using Hone Internet?

• 14 September 2021
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Badge

In case it’s relevant, I am running Cyberduck on MacOS, and it has worked on many different networks over several years.

Badge

Well , I tried disabling passive mode in. Cyberduck by going to proxy preferences and deselecting it. Unfortunately, this seemed to have no effect; I still got the interoperability error message.  I tried also selecting Auto Proxy Discovery, but this did not help. I then tried bypassing proxy settings for my target site; no help.  As you. can probably tell, I was getting out of my depth and just groping around. Any suggestions welcomed!

Badge

Jayke, thanks very much for this information. It’s just the kind of advice I was hoping to get.  I’ll try your suggestion when I get home tomorrow evening.

Userlevel 2

Turn off Passive mode (or pasv) in your ftp client, after that ftp will work just fine. You may need to enable “Port mode” in your client as an alternative to “passive mode”. I believe the last person I told to do this was even using Cyber duck and once they did so it worked fine

Badge

UPDATE

One day after my conversation with TM Support, I received a voice message from the expert. He has now changed his story. He says the gray tower TM gateway does not support FTP. I am disappointed and confused. If he’s right, I shall shortly be returning the gateway.; lack of FTP is a showstopper as I maintain a club website. There must be quite a few other home users who maintain websites for families, churches, clubs, etc.

Badge

Thanks for that info; it’s good to know that FTP can work in some situations. I have now managed to speak with a TM  Home Internet support expert. He searched through trouble reports and found that FTP being blocked was a known problem and was being actively worked on.He was surprised the problem existed. He mentioned Port 80, number of  ipv4 and ipv6 addresses  available ,etc., and apparently there were different aspects to the bug and/or the trouble reports. He said  my free trial would be extended pending resolution of this issue.

I’m using ExaVault.com without any problems. They are a paid for FTP service.